TopChiller Your Welding Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier China
- Cooling capacity ranges 1.6KW to 108 KW
- Temperature control ranges 7°C to 35°C
- Top branded energy-efficient compressor
- Variable speed condenser & compressor fans
- Stainless steel water tank & SS water pump
- Chilled water flow rate up to 480LPM in coils
- East installation, reliable and quiet operation
- Warranty up to 24 months after first purchasing
Your Reliable Welding Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China over 20 Years
A Welding Chiller is a cooling machine that controls the temperature and pressure of your welding machining by using chilled circulated water to release heat out of the system.
TopChiller is a professional and distinctive experienced manufacturer of Welding Chiller in China working for last twenty years with reliable status among customers.
As a premier manufacturer and supplier of Welding Chiller, TopChiller is profoundly designing a full line of Welding Chiller models and supplying to world markets with full technical assistance to our customers.
Water tank, circulating water pump, refrigeration compressor, condenser, expansion valves, evaporator, radiation fan, refrigeration controller, temperature controller, power supply, and protection devices are the basic components of a Welding Chiller.
Welding Chiller used in several applications regarding welding processing as:
Resistance welders, laser welder, seam welders, laser markings, butt welders, YAG laser, and induction welders, etc.
If you are sourcing a reliable, high-quality Welding Chiller for your application? If you are finding a Welding Chiller manufacturer to increase the service life of your welding machine?
Our expertise will satisfy you in a very short turnaround time providing engineering solutions and custom attention for the best Welding Chiller at a suitable price.
Features and Advantages
- Welding Chiller produces cooling and control temperature during welding by recirculating chilled water that consistently flows, regulating temperature by releasing heat, sometimes over overtime use city water to continue processing.
- TopChiller brand Welding Chiller precisely provides current flow for welding, as current flow depends on the welder heat. Welding Chiller keeps steady temperature and provides heat at welding point through current supply.
- Welding Chiller is highly precise and quiet in operation configured by compressor and condenser fans that control the temperature of a welder and dissipate sounds for little or no vibrational operation.
- TopChiller brand Welding Chiller is self-contained, portable, and can equip more units to gather to handle a high workload.
- A water flow-sensitive alarm is equipped with Welding Chiller that alerts to cool the welder or laser process while fluctuating in water flow.
Welding Chiller Technical Specifications
|Power source||1PH~220V/3PH~220V/380V 50HZ/60HZ||3PH～380V/415V/480V～50HZ/60HZ(3PH～200V/220V 50HZ/60HZ)|
|Control||Capillary / thermostatic expansion valve|
|Compressor||Type||Hermetic Rotary||Hermetic scroll ( piston )|
|Condenser||Type||Efficient finned copper tube with aluminum+low noise external rotor fan|
|Air flow (m3/h)||750||1000||1500||2000||2500||3000||4000||5000||6000||8000||10000||12000||15000|
|Evaporator||Type||SS Tank coil / shell and tube type / Plate type heat exchanger|
| Chilled water|
|Water pump||Power (kw)||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.75||0.75||0.75||1.5||1.5||2.2|
|Max flow (m3)||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||8.1||8.1||8.1||13.5||13.5||25.2|
|Safety protection||Compressor inner protection, over current protection, high/low pressure protection, over temperature protection, flow rate protection, phase sequence/phase missing protection, low level coolant protection, anti freezing protection, exhaust overheat protection|
The above specifications are according to the following design conditions:
1, 12℃/7℃.Chilled water inlet/outlet temperature 12℃/7℃.
2, 33℃/38℃.Cooling air inlet/outlet temperature 33℃/38℃.
We reserve the right to modify the specification without further notice.
Welding Chiller Configuration Table
|Oil pressure gauge (high & low)||HONGSEN||TAIWAN|
|Dryer filter||EMERSON /ALCO||USA|
TopChiller Free Service and Technical Support
As the professional chiller manufacturer over 20 years, TopChiller is always happy to provide our free service and technical support accessible to our clients before,during and after sales. If you need any help, welcome to call us or send your inquiry to our email. These free service and technical support including；
- Listening to your detailed chiller requirements and give your best chiller solution for your applications based on our rich experience.
- If you have no idea about how to size your chiller model or cooling capacity, it’s no a big issue, Just tell us your specific cooling demands, we will guide you to select the right economical chiller model.
- 7*24 online service,If you have any problem about chiller,you may call us or send email, we are always here to support you.
TopChiller Standard Warranty Time
After purchasing TopChiller product, you are our valued customers in TopChiller ERP system.
We will do regular tracking service and Your chiller having up to 24 months warranty time after installation and commissioning,
If your chiller is down, you can contact TopChiller for support to solve your problem..Once we received your message,Our service technician on duty will contact you as soon as possible.
TopChiller Start-up & Commissioning
TopChiller also provides the additional service of start-up or commissioning of your chiller.You’d better prior to scheduling your start-up, it is important that the proper installation procedures have been followed and the chiller is ready.
TopChiller technician will guide you how to start-up your chiller when your chiller is ready, besides this we have full sets of paper works including: Chiller installation manual, operation manual, electrical drawing for you.
Free Replacement Spare Parts
Providing free replacement spare parts for TopChiller,is the best customer service in the industry to support you when you are sourcing replacement parts.
We have most parts are in stock and available for next day shipment for your chillers.
If you want have some replacement spare parts,just provide us your chiller serial number and model number to expedite the sourcing process.
Better to have the nameplate and pictures of your chiller for our reference. This will help us find the proper replacements at earliest time.
6 Points Why TopChiller Is Your Best Welding Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China?
Welding Chiller-An Ultimate Guide by TopChiller
A Welding Chiller is a type of water cooling system used to improve the welding quality and life for different types of welding machines.
A welding machine uses extremely high temperatures to melt the base and broken parts together. Then, allows it to cool down which causes fusion, this is what the welding chiller plays its role.
Heat is a necessary element in the welding process but it can harm the sensitive components used in the welding process.
Here the need for a Welding Chiller arrived; the chilled water from a Welding Chiller enhances the life of important components of your application.
The purpose of the Welding Chiller in a welding process is to cool down the welding machine by providing constant cooling water for the welding process.
Let’s know more about it.
- What is a Welding Chiller?
- What is the Working Principle of a Welding Chiller?
- What are the Main Components of a Welding Chiller?
- What are the Features of a Welding Chiller?
- What is the difference between an Air-Cooled Welding Chiller and a Water-Cooled Welding Chiller?
- What are the Advantages of a Welding Chiller for your Welding Applications?
- What Type of Welding Techniques Require a Welding Chiller?
- What are the Industrial Applications of Welding Chiller?
- How to Select Right Welding Chiller for your Welding Application?
- What is the Best Location for a Welding Chiller?
- How to Size a Welding Chiller for your Application?
- What Safety Measures can be taken for the Proper Working and Protection of your Welding Chiller?
- How to Maintain your Welding Chiller?
- How to Troubleshoot your Welding Chiller?
- FAQ of Welding Chiller
What is a Welding Chiller?
A Welding Chiller is a type of industrial process chiller, specifically designed to remove heat from your welding equipment and processes.
Water cooling is an essential part of welding processes and must be done properly for efficient working.
A Welding Chiller maximizes the uptime by avoiding SCRs from heating up.
It can provide constant temperature, constant current, and constant pressure as it is specially designed for welding machines and processes.
A Welding Chiller is manufactured with high-quality components that include a #304 stainless steel water tank, SUS304 circulating water pump, condenser, evaporator, radiation fan, compressor, and other controller components.
Achieving constant temperature helps to stabilize the current flow and it also increases the welding quality.
A Welding Chiller plays an important role as a cooling source for your welder machine and all welding processes.
Generally, a closed-loop Welding Chiller is suggested because of its accurate thermoregulation ability and requires less operational costs.
Welding Chiller Manufactured by TopChiller
What is the Working Principle of a Welding Chiller?
You can obtain uniform and high-quality welds by using a Welding Chiller. It is used for cooling your welding equipment.
The complete working of a Welding Chiller is explained below;
The chilled water in a Welding Chiller continuously passes through your application and evaporator of your compressor refrigeration system.
A Welding Chiller circulates the chilled water from different components and processes to dissipate unwanted heat from the welding machine.
The heat produced during the welding process of your application is driven through the cooling cycle of the refrigeration system and dissipated into the air.
The control panel of the Welding Chiller is responsible to control the cooling of the compressor according to the adjusted temperature value.
To make sure the temperature of cooled water of your welding application is controlled in set parameters.
A Welding Chiller provides a longer weld tip life by decreasing downtime of your welding application.
What are the Main Components of a Welding Chiller?
The main components of a Welding Chiller are described below.
The compressor in a Welding Chiller plays an important role to make sure about the circulation of refrigerants throughout the system.
It uses an electric motor as a driving force. It is installed between the evaporator and the condenser of a Welding Chiller.
A condenser is placed near the expansion valve and compressor. It is used to dissipate the heat from the refrigerant been used as a coolant.
There are two types of condensers. A water-cooled condenser and an air-cooled condenser.
An evaporator is used to drive the heat from your welding application and then send it to the refrigerant for further process in the cooling tower.
It is located between the expansion valve and a compressor of a Welding Chiller.
- Expansion Valve
The expansion valve in a Welding Chiller is responsible for amplifying the volume of the refrigerant to absorb heat in the evaporator.
Different types of expansion valves can be chosen according to the needs of your application.
- Water Tank
This component is used to separate the inlet and outlet for the proper flow. They can be mounted to the condensers or evaporators in a water-type Welding Chiller.
- Power Unit
A power unit is another key component. It is highly responsible to control the flow of electric current to the Welding Chiller.
This unit includes power monitoring equipment, speed controller, circuit breaker, etc.
- Control Unit
A control unit keeps checking on the performance of a Welding Chiller. This unit is also responsible for making settings when required.
It has safety alarming features to prevent damage or loss to your welding application.
Welding Chiller Compressor
What are the Features of a Welding Chiller?
Some of the features of Welding Chillers are listed below:
- A Welding Chiller is equipped with an imported and precise digital display temperature controller.
Its temperature controller can accurately control the temperature ± 1 degrees Celsius. You can adjust the temperature controlling range from 5 ℃ to 30 ℃.
- It is composed of stainless steel thick water tank, a coil evaporator, a built-in water replenishing device, etc., that is very easy to clean and maintain properly.
- The appearance and design of the Welding Chiller are very decent.
- The outer panel of a Welding Chiller can be disassembled quickly, which is convenient for use and maintenance.
- A Welding Chiller uses imported famous brand compressors having built-in safety protection systems.
- It offers low noise operation during cooling the welding process.
- A Welding Chiller has a highly durable power-saving feature.
- Its Built-in stainless steel material water pump, large flow, high efficiency, durability is matchless.
Welding Chiller Digital Display Temperature Controller
What is the difference between an Air-Cooled Welding Chiller and a Water-Cooled Welding Chiller?
You can easily differentiate between Water Cooled Welding Chiller and an Air-Cooled Welding Chiller with the help of given data.
Air Cooled Welding Chiller
- An Air-Cooled Welding Chiller uses ambient air and shielding gas to remove excessive heat from the welding torch.
- The power cable for air-cooled TIG torches is thick as compared to TIG Water-cooled torches.
- Air Cooled Welding Chiller Requires less maintenance cost.
- The torches used with it are easy to operate.
- It does not require a cooling tower.
- It is highly energy-efficient.
Water Cooled Welding Chiller
- Water Cooled Welding Chiller uses circulating water to remove excessive heat from the welding torch.
- Its welding torches use a thin power cable.
- A Water Cooled Welding Chiller requires high maintenance costs as compared to an Air-Cooled Welding Chiller.
- The torches used with Water Cooled Welding Chiller require a bit of precision to operate.
- It requires a cooling tower.
- Water Cooled Welding Chiller operates with high efficiency.
Water Cooled Welding Chiller
What are the Advantages of a Welding Chiller for your Welding Applications?
A Welding Chiller is used to meet the water cooling requirements of your welding applications. Some of the advantages are as follow:
- A Welding Chiller reduces high water and sewer bills.
- Another benefit is it reduces bad or irregular spot welds due to mushroomed tips.
- It prevents overheated transformers and power supplies during the process.
- It extends electrode life.
- A Welding Chiller reduces the downtime to redress and change welding tips.
- The nonferrous water circuit of this refrigeration system ensures the water quality if the water is dust-free.
- Easy to operate, maintain, and install.
- It provides durable cooling and reduces transformer, ignition tube, and SCR failure due to over-heating.
- It eliminates plugged water cooling lines by using closed-loop treated water for your application.
What Type of Welding Techniques Require a Welding Chiller?
Different types of Welding Chiller are available for various welding techniques. Some welding techniques are given below.
- Arc Welding
An arc welding is a cheaper process. It is the best option for those who want welding in a budget-friendly way.
An arc welding produces an electric current between the welding device and material.
- Gas Metal Arc Welding
It is abbreviated as GMAW. It is used in automated industrial applications. Gas
Metal Arc welding uses electrical and shielding gas for welding.
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding
SMAW is another popular and modern welding technique. It uses a consumable electrode coated with flux.
The electric current supply is driven into an arc and electrode from a power supply. It is then placed between two components and material to be joined.
- Flux-Cored Arc Welding
It is abbreviated as FCAW or FCA. This type of welding process needs continuous feed for the consumable electrode having constant voltage and flux.
It has a very high welding speed.
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
This technique is also known as TIG. This welding technique depends upon a non-consumable tungsten electrode.
It has a protection feature that protects the weld area using filter material and shielding gas.
Welding Chiller for Arc Welding
What are the Industrial Applications of Welding Chiller?
Different types of welding applications require different kinds of Welding Chiller such as resistance welders, induction welders, seam welders, and butt welders, etc.
A Welding Chiller plays a crucial role in cooling various welding machines and processes efficiently.
Some of the welding applications that require a Welding Chiller includes:
- Laser cutting.
- Laser welding.
- Laser drilling.
- Laser marking.
- Semiconductor laser processing equipment.
- CO2 laser.
- YAG laser (working medium).
- Steel structure manufacturing industry.
- Automobile manufacturing industry.
- Security door processing industry.
- Gas shielded welding applications.
- Arc welding machine.
- DC welding machine.
Welding Chiller Applications
How to Select Right Welding Chiller for your Welding Application?
Selecting the right Welding Chiller for your Welding application adds to the economies of its use.
Choosing the exact Welding Chiller according to the needs and requirements of your welding applications is very helpful to obtain efficient and maximum output.
You need to consider the following points when choosing the right Welding Chiller for your application.
- Will the condenser be air-cooled or water-cooled?
- What are the available voltages for your Welding Chiller?
- Will the Welding Chiller be a split system or a packaged system?
- What type of coolant you will use?
- What are the inlet and outlet temperatures you require for your Welding Chiller?
- Will you require a freeze protection feature for the coolant?
- What is the expected flow rate throughout your process?
- Will the Welding Chiller requires a pump or not?
After the feasibility study about the selection of your Welding Chiller, finalize the selected one with the advice of experts.
What is the Best Location for a Welding Chiller?
As its name shows the Welding Chiller is used in the welding industry. The following points should be considered for locating your Welding Chiller.
- It should be near to the Resistance welding machine to avoid the unnecessary length of pipes for connection.
- The location should be such that sufficient light and ventilation must be available.
- If Water Cooled Welding Chiller is used, you can install the cooling tower outdoor, and a sufficient amount of tap water supply must be available near the cooling system.
- At least 2.5ft clearance must be available for maintenance and inspection purposes.
- A secure power supply panel must be closer to the location Welding Chiller. Make sure that there is no loose or hanging wire, it may cause an accident.
- Make sure that the roof of the location must be high enough.
- Transport your Welding Chiller to the location with the help of a crane.
- It should have a proper earth connection.
How to Size a Welding Chiller for your Application?
You can easily determine the size of the Welding Chiller for your application by general rule, for every 100KVA of welder you need about 1 ton Welding Chiller.
For example, if you need to pool 5 welders that are 100KVA each, you require a 5 ton Welding Chiller.
Some more details about the sizing of a Welding Chiller are given below:
You can calculate the BTUs per hour of a resistance welder by using simple formulas.
- Resistance Welding (BTUs per hour) = (Welder KVA) * (Duty Cycle) * (0.85) * (0.6) * 3415 BTU/hr.
- BTU/hour = (T1-T2) x gpm x 60 min/hour x 8.33 lb./gal x Cp
Duty Cycle = (Welding time on) / (elapsed time).
T1 = Outlet Temperature (F).
T2 = Inlet Temperature (F).
GPM = Gallons per minute of flowing coolant.
Cp = Specific heat of coolant.
What Safety Measures can be taken for the Proper Working and Protection of your Welding Chiller?
For proper and efficient working, you need to take some safety steps the protect your Welding Chiller.
You can use some safety advice to keep your Welding Chiller working safely.
Some of those safety devices include high refrigerant and low refrigerant safety, automatic water refilling system, safety switch for low water flow, water-free safety system, and a digital temperature controller.
You can protect your system from being damaged with the help of proper maintenance services that include;
- Maintaining daily logs.
- Keep the tubes of a Welding Chiller clean.
- Reduce the condenser water temperature.
- Monitor the loops of condenser water.
- Check for refrigerant leakage.
- Maintain the flow rate of chilled water.
- Examine the compressor oil.
- Install variable speed drives.
Maintaining Daily Logs for the Protection of your Welding Chiller
How to Maintain your Welding Chiller?
You can use the following methods for the maintenance of the Welding Chiller.
- Cleaning of the condenser coil. (Monthly)
- Replacement of filter drier. (Annually)
- Chilled water line chemical dozing. (Annually).
- Checking of Evaporator for any water leakage (Daily).
- Checking of control and safety devices for proper operation(Monthly)
- Welding Chiller Control panel and side panels for proper installation. (Monthly)
- Welding Chiller body inspection for security (daily).
- Welding Chilled water pipes for any damage or leakage. (Monthly)
- Carry out draining, flushing, refilling of the chilled water system. (Annually)
- Make the documents of all of these steps in the logbook to keep a historical record.
- Get all the equipment calibrated which requires calibrations (Six monthly).
- All the welding nozzles and other equipment attached to the welding plant must be checked for proper inspection, cleaning, and Normal flow of water or air used for cooling.
- The checklist may be varied for different Welding Chillers.
- Always follow the maintenance instructions given in your Vendor Maintenance Manual.
Welding Chiller Inspection
How to Troubleshoot your Welding Chiller?
Some common issues and their causes in a Welding Chiller are given below;
Fast tungsten burning rate in TIG welding
- Excessive heat in the torch body, air-cooled torches get extra hot.
- If using Water Cooled Welding Chiller, it may be due to low coolant or blockage in the system.
No pumping or insufficient fluid flow.
- Fluctuation in line voltages.
- Insufficient fluid in the reservoir.
- Blocked process line.
- The coolant does not suit the requirement.
- Pump failure.
- Process pipes are too narrow.
- Blocked fluid filter.
No or insufficient cooling.
- Improper or fluctuating line voltages.
- Blocked air filter.
- Coolant lost heat transfer properties.
- Refrigerant ambient temperature is too high.
- Evaporator freeze.
The Welding Chiller does not power up.
- The improper voltage or loose connection.
- Wrong phase sequence.
- Blown circuit breaker or fuse.
- The power switch is in an off position.
- The power switch is faulty.
- Frequency is not within the limit.
FAQ of Welding Chiller
What is the Significance of a Welding Chiller?
Welding Chiller is essential for resistance welding at the industrial level for efficient welding joint otherwise welding product may be deteriorated or altered.
What type of Welding Chiller can be used in Welding Applications?
Both Air Cooled Welding Chiller and Water Cooled Welding Chiller are suitable to be used in welding applications.
How can you protect your Welding Applications from Damage?
Your welding plants are equipped with electronic components, like high-power SCR, which draws over current and leads it to overheat.
It may cause damage to your welding equipment, so Welding Chiller is a good solution for this problem.
How can you improve the Efficiency of your Welding Applications?
The Welding process produces excessive amounts of heat; if this heat is not dissipated by Welding Chiller then your welding machinery will consume more power and become less efficient.
Hence, a Welding Chiller can be used to improve the efficiency of your welding applications.
Can Recirculating Water Cooler be used in Welding Industry instead of Welding Chiller?
This system of cooling will result in a high cost of sewage water treatment and is not suitable for large welding industries due to the low rate of heat dissipation.
So, for industrial process Welding Chiller is suggested.
What Capacity of Welding Chiller Available in the Market?
In portable range 1 to 30 tons, in large structure 40, 50, 60 tons, and in modular structure more than 60 tons capacity Welding Chiller available in the market.
Can a Normal Process Chiller be used as a Welding Chiller?
Yes, your normal Process Chiller can be customized to be used to fulfill the needs of your welding industry.
Can a City Water Cooling System be used for Welding instead of Welding Chiller?
It is not recommended because of the high water bill and heavy sewage cost to remove the used water, maintenance cost is also increased.
What is meant by Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) in Welding Chillers?
A Welding Chiller consumes a large amount of electricity that increases the operation costs, with the help of variable frequency drives you can save energy varying motor speed.
How do Refrigerant Leaks affect the Welding Chiller?
The refrigerant leaks from the compressor can highly affect the cooling capacity of the Welding Chiller.
It may cause by loose or vibrating valve stems.
100% Quality Tested Welding Chiller