TopChiller Small Glycol Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China
- Cooling capacity ranges from 1.8KW to 96KW
- Temperature control ranges -5°C to -35°C
- Top branded energy-efficient compressor
- Environment-friendly compact, rugged design
- Glycol solution installation for chilling
- Inline glycol filter and reusable air filter
- SS water pump with PID temperature controller
- Warranty up to 24 hours after purchasing
Your Reliable Small Glycol Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China over 20 Years
Small Glycol Chiller is a compact designed cooling machine, best suited for small and medium-sized beer maker applications producing the cooling effect by chilled glycol solution.
TopChiller is a reliable and trusted company that is manufacturing and supplying Small Glycol Chiller and renowned for twenty years of ingenious experience in China.
TopChiller is dealing with all world trusted brands for manufacturing formidable and robust Small Glycol Chiller models with varying capacities to meet the needs of small-scale applications since 1991.
Small Glycol Chiller is designed with specific components like the compressor, condenser, refrigerant tank, glycol pump, power supply, heat exchanger, control panel, expansion valves, and protecting devices, etc.
Small Glycol Chiller is used for a diverse number of small scale applications as
Jacket fermenters, brite tank, Wort, Brite tanks, fermenters, home breweries, refineries, cider mills, country hotels, bowling clubs, and spirits, etc.
Are you looking for a self-contained, compact designed Small Glycol Chiller for your application? Are you searching out for a reliable and portable Small Glycol Chiller manufacturer in China?
Make contact with TopChiller expertise and sales engineers to get price technical support and buying assistance for selecting the best Small Glycol Chiller that matches your requirements.
TopChiller team is assisting our clients to troubleshoot different system problems for a reliable chilling performance of equipment.
Features and Advantages
- Small Glycol Chiller is configured with compact, rugged and fully packaged design to occupy small space for small-scale applications protects from rust and corrosion providing chilling effect persistently.
- Small Glycol Chiller is equipped with wheeling casters requiring no refrigeration technician with plug-in and switch-on installation, ensuring easy movement and consistent performance.
- TopChiller brand Small Glycol Chiller is featured with a small glycol reservoir, pumps, and controllers right into the unit ensuring the unit lightweight for installation and lower cost of maintenance.
- Chilled glycol solution circulates continuously configured by pump pressure, chilling the heated wort before entrance into the fermenter as well maintaining temperature for proper enzyme activity.
- The anti-freezing capability of installed glycol in Small Glycol Chiller prevents the unit from clogging and damage of pre-installed coils and pipelines.
- Small Glycol Chiller operates fluently and quietly configured by dust repelling filters and insects killing capability of glycol solution, providing insulation.
Small Glycol Chiller Technical Specification
|Type||Shell and tube type/Plate type heat exchanger|
|Power Source||3PH～380V/415V/480V～50HZ/60HZ(3PH～200V/220V 50HZ/60HZ)|
|Compressor||Type||Hermetic scroll ( piston )|
|Condenser||Type||Efficient finned copper tube with aluminum + low noise external rotor fan|
|Safety protection||Compressor inner protection, over current protection, high / low pressure protection, over temperature protection, flow rate protection, phase sequence/phase missing protection, low level coolant protection, anti freezing protection|
The above specifications are according to the following design conditions:
1, Chilled water inlet/outlet temperature difference 3℃/8℃.
2, Cooling air inlet/outlet temperature 30℃/38℃
Small Glycol Chiller Configuration Table
|Oil pressure gauge (high low)||HONGSEN||TAIWAN|
|Dryer filter||EMERSON /ALCO||USA|
TopChiller Free Service and Technical Support
As a professional chiller manufacturer for over 20 years, TopChiller is always happy to provide our free service and technical support accessible to our clients before, during, and after-sales. If you need any help, welcome to call us or send your inquiry to our email. These free services and technical support include；
- Listening to your detailed chiller requirements and giving your best chiller solution for your applications based on our rich experience.
- If you have no idea about how to size your chiller model or cooling capacity, it’s not a big issue, Just tell us your specific cooling demands, we will guide you to select the right economical chiller model.
- 7*24 online service, If you have any problem with the chiller, you may call us or send an email, we are always here to support you.
TopChiller Standard Warranty Time
After purchasing the TopChiller product, you are our valued customers in the TopChiller ERP system.
We will do regular tracking service and Your chiller has up to 24 months warranty time after installation and commissioning,
If your chiller is down, you can contact TopChiller for support to solve your problem…Once we received your message, Our service technician on duty will contact you as soon as possible.
TopChiller Start-up & Commissioning
TopChiller also provides the additional service of start-up or commissioning of your chiller. You’d better before scheduling your start-up, it is important that the proper installation procedures have been followed and the chiller is ready.
TopChiller technician will guide you on how to start up your chiller when your chiller is ready, besides this we have full sets of paper works including the Chiller installation manual, operation manual, electrical drawing for you.
Free Replacement Spare Parts
Providing free replacement spare parts for TopChiller is the best customer service in the industry to support you when you are sourcing replacement parts.
We have most parts are in stock and available for next-day shipment for your chillers.
If you want to have some replacement spare parts, just provide us with your chiller serial number and model number to expedite the sourcing process.
Better to have the nameplate and pictures of your chiller for our reference. This will help us find the proper replacements at the earliest time.
6 Points Why TopChiller Is Your Best Small Glycol Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China?
Small Glycol Chiller-An Ultimate Buying Guide by TopChiller.
Small Glycol Chiller is a refrigeration system that intends to provide cooling to small-scale industrial applications.
Due to its compact design, Small Glycol Chiller is optimized to occupy less space and facilitate its transport.
Small Glycol Chiller is mostly used in cooling down the liquids such as beverages, alcohol, and energy drinks. To run the business of drinks you need essential equipment for your application.
This guide has all the required information to select a suitable Small Glycol Chiller.
- What is Small Glycol Chiller?
- What are the Components of a Small Glycol Chiller?
- Is Water a Right alternative to Glycol in Small Glycol Chiller?
- What Specifications Should be Considered When Choosing Small Glycol Chiller?
- What are the Applications of Small Glycol Chiller?
- Why your Application needs Small Glycol Chiller?
- How Does the Small Glycol Chiller Operate and Process?
- What are the Advantages of a Small Glycol Chiller for your Application?
- What steps should be followed to Increase the Efficiency of a Small Glycol Chiller?
- What is the difference between the Portable Glycol Chiller and Small Glycol Chiller?
- How to Size and Design a Small Glycol Chiller For your Application?
- How to Install your Small Glycol Chiller?
- How to Maintain and Keep Small Glycol Chiller?
- How to Detect the Problem in Small Glycol Chiller and troubleshoot them?
- FAQ of Small Glycol Chiller
What is Small Glycol Chiller?
Small Glycol Chiller is a glycol refrigeration system that provides cooling to the application with the help of Glycol liquid.
The cooling liquid recirculates around applications, absorbs the heat, and transfers it into the air.
Glycol chiller has good built quality, which insulates it from being damaged or any external factors which affect the quality of production.
It comes up with the latest pumping system that includes recirculating glycol liquid through the hydraulic pipes, which ultimately reduces the risk of gas leaks.
The maximum size of Small Glycol Chiller is 60 tons and its minimum size is 1 ton. You can also request its manufacturer for a special size in order.
There are two types of Glycol liquids used in Small Glycol Chiller:
- Propylene Glycol
- Ethylene Glycol
The glycol is an organic compound, it is used for antifreeze formulations.
Small Glycol Chiller Manufactured by TopChiller
What are the Components of a Small Glycol Chiller?
There are four major components of Small Glycol Chiller, these are evaporator, Condenser, Compressor, expansion valve, and control Panel.
The evaporator helps in collecting the heat that comes from the application after processing.
The heat then travels and is filled into the Glycol refrigerant and it takes heat to the cooling tower and releases it into the air.
The compressor is a mechanical device that increases the pressure of a gas by reducing its volume.
The compressor helps you to create the pressure that will move the cool refrigerant to different points to process the application.
Mainly are four types of compressors:
- Screw Compressors.
- Centrifugal Compressors.
- Scroll Compressors.
- Reciprocating Compressors.
The condenser is very helpful when it comes to removing heat from the glycol refrigerant.
This heat is generated by an evaporator and passed to the condenser.
The Glycol enters into the condenser at 27°C, then leaves at 31.8°C and journeys to the cooling towers.
- Expansion valve
The expansion valve is a component that is needed to increase the volume of refrigerant and reduce the pressure of the refrigerant.
There are different kinds of expansion valves.
- Thermal expansion valve
- Electronic expansion valve
- Fixed orifice expansion valve
- Pilot operated thermal valve
Control Panel is the agent that is used to configure, program, and control all operations of Small Glycol Chiller.
It has good specifications like you can control it from remote locations as well. The control panel is located on the top of the Small Glycol Chiller.
Small Glycol Chiller Compressor
Is Water a Right alternative to Glycol in Small Glycol Chiller?
According to experts, water is not the right alternative to glycol. Both liquids have different properties and their functionality also varies.
Small Glycol Chiller has some specifications that only run smoothly with the help of glycol.
Apart from that glycol is highly beneficial for the systems.
- Glycol is equipped with antifreeze properties, which make it work more efficiently than water in cooler and cold temperatures.
- Glycol has a better heat holding capacity than water, glycol is also very suitable for a long time.
- Glycol has lubrication properties, which lubricates that Small Glycol Chiller and its component.
There are two types of glycol as mentioned above:
Ethylene Glycol: Ethylene glycol is a bit toxic and experts suggest it should not be used in Industrial applications.
In case of leakages, it may fill up into the beverages and cause food poison.
Propylene Glycol: It is widely used in industrial applications to cool food.
It is suggested to mix water with propylene glycol to get maximum cooling requirement.
Propylene glycol should be used in Small Glycol Chiller for effective cooling.
Small Glycol Chiller Propylene Glycol
What Specifications Should be Considered When Choosing Small Glycol Chiller?
There are certain specifications that you should consider to get the best deal.
In cooling capacity you need to analyze the amount of cooling Small Glycol Chiller can provide and how fast does it work.
The minimum cooling capacity is 5 tons and the maximum is 60 tons.
The cooling capacity varies, so you need to select the appropriate number of tons of cooling you need.
To maximize the profit, you need to reduce costs from starting end. So your Small Glycol Chiller must consume less power.
It uses less amount of power while delivering efficiently.
At this point, you will select the size. The dimension is determined by calculating length, width, weight, and height.
Built quality is a factor that increases the lifespan of your Small Glycol Chiller.
The material used in it must be of good quality and fabricated.
The material should be like stainless steel which does not corrode easily.
Reliable Control System
Your Small Glycol Chiller must have an updated control system that regulates your system. Choose the control system which can be traced easily from remote locations.
Small Glycol Chiller Control System
What are the Applications of Small Glycol Chiller?
The Small Glycol Chiller is used in various small-scale industrial applications to provide cooling to the different applications.
It helps in decreasing the overall temperature of different products in a very limited period.
The brewing industry is a type of industry where different types of drinks like alcohol, beer, and beverages are prepared.
The Small Glycol Chiller system is used in different steps of the Brewing Industry. Like crash cooling of the beer after the fermentation process needs a cooling that only Small Glycol Chiller can provide.
Applications of Small Glycol Chiller
Why your Application needs Small Glycol Chiller?
The right cooling system helps you to increase production overall. The Small Glycol Chiller is a reliable source of refrigeration.
Its cost-effective nature allows you to be confident while buying it. It consumes very low power and saves you bucks.
Safety: Your application needs a safe cooling agent due to continuing production smoothly. It is designed with stainless steel and reduces the risk of leakages.
It is equipped with the latest control system which detects a mechanical error before it gets difficult to handle.
These are the reasons for Buying Small Glycol Chiller for your application:
- Designed high effectiveness heat exchanger for greatest energy reserve funds
- Full oversight board with the corded electrical association, starters, and safety switches
- Complete refrigeration circuit
- Proficient parchment Compressor
- Smooth conservative plan
- Glycol Pump with insulation to avoid leakage.
- Protected tempered steel glycol repository with level marker
- Single-stage advanced temperature regulator for basic activity
- Liquid detour valve
- All protected copper funneling
- Anti cycle clock to avoid the short cycling of Compressor
- On/siphon down/off switch
- Completely powder-covered steel outline
- Treated Steel lodging
- Louvered access boards for simple assistance and support
- Industrial run tested or demo tested and filled with refrigerant
- Long-term parts and a one-year work guarantee.
How Does the Small Glycol Chiller Operate and Process?
The Small Glycol Chiller works differently than its alternative.
Because it uses glycol fluid to cool the application and during its processing glycol fluid plays a good role.
Four basic components plays role in operating the Small Glycol Chiller.
First of all the insulated tubes of the system contain a mixture of Glycol fluid and water. The glycol is then stored in the storage unit, located before the compressor.
The mixture of water and glycol travels to the compressor, where it is compressed and increases its pressure.
The compressor pushes the Water and glycol mixed fluid to circulate it through the Small Glycol Chiller. After that, the fluid travels to the second step of the application.
The fluid then journeys into the evaporator. The evaporator absorbs the heat from the whole application. The evaporator takes the help of fluid such as glycol which collects the heat from the application.
After collecting the total heat from glycol, the fluid is then allowed to travel back to a cooled environment.
After absorbing the heat from the fluid, it will leave the fluid in a cool state and send it back to collect more heat.
The refrigerant is a very important part of the Small Glycol Chiller. The refrigerant increases the pressure of glycol and changes it into a gaseous state from the liquid state.
The gaseous state goes to the condenser unit.
At the condenser, the refrigerant will release all the heat that was collected from the evaporator. The condenser unit condenses the gaseous fluid by removing heat from it and reducing the volume.
The heat will be removed from the atmosphere with the help of cooling towers. This helps the glycol to move slowly from the condenser to the thermal expansion valve.
In the thermal expansion valve, the refrigerant will reduce the high pressure and increase the volume of refrigerant to a great extent.
This allows more heat to enter. The expansion valve pushes the fluid back to the application to start the process again.
What are the Advantages of a Small Glycol Chiller for your Application?
There are several benefits of Small Glycol Chiller that you can enjoy.
Here are some advantages.
High Levels of Durability
The Small Glycol Chiller has a very high life expectancy. The durability rates of Small Glycol Chiller are significantly high.
It is built with stainless steel and it has tensile strength, which prevents it from being corroded.
Every refrigeration system that uses glycol fluid has Antifreeze properties. The glycol does not deep freeze simply because of the low temperature.
In case when glycol liquid freezes it becomes ice and does not work properly.
So, experts suggest the use of Small Glycol Chiller even in the coldest environment.
It has a very feasible and easy design. You can move it anywhere without any problem. It has fewer parts that are easy to maintain.
The operation Small Glycol Chiller is very quiet. Due to its eco-friendly mechanism and insulated body, the produced sound does not make noise.
Some more features
- Its body casing is weatherproof with a separate compartment for Compressor. It is made out of galvanized steel sheet casing and polyester paint.
- The galvanized steel is self-supporting which increases the life span of a Small Glycol Chiller.
- The load of the R-290 refrigerant reduces to a great extent.
- It has EC axial fans and Semihermitc Compressors.
- It is equipped with either dual or triple R-290 scroll compressors covered with insulation covering for noise cancellation.
- The Small Glycol Chiller uses R-290 semi-hermetic with control and easy operation.
- The oil separator and the oil equalization line among two compressors, each oil injection for three and four compressors.
- It is equipped with 7mm copper tubes along with a micro-tube condensing coil.
- EC fans are available for exhaust with a variable speed option.
- R-290 is equipped with the latest technology, like a leak detector, alarm light, emergency ventilation along an extra fan.
- The IP55 is the latest electrical board available there with ventilation fans for the compressor.
- It has an electronic expansion valve along with the heat exchanger plate.
Small Glycol Chiller R-290 Refrigerant
What steps should be followed to Increase the Efficiency of a Small Glycol Chiller?
There are a bunch of ideas that you can use to increase the efficiency of the Small Glycol Chiller.
Here is are some factors that can help you in increasing efficiency.
Recording Taking Method
The Small Glycol Chiller runs all day until the application is in the process without any break. You should track the record of your system on daily basis at a fixed time.
This data will help you to find the best operation point where the efficiency of the system is 100%.
This information can help you easily to detect the issue in the system. Because sudden increase and decrease will affect the efficiency of Small Glycol Chiller.
Maintaining and Cleaning
The Industrial applications have a lot of dust and contaminations, which make your Small Glycol Chiller
Set your cleaning schedule for the
Cleaning of the whole system.
Disinfecting the Refrigerants
Proper hygiene maintenance also increases efficiency. To eliminate the contamination you should use the anti-contamination gel to clean the pathways of the system.
These contaminations become the reason for blocking the way and reducing the ultimate efficiency.
Replacing the Damaged Parts
You need to inspect the Small Glycol Chiller quarterly and identify the defects in it.
Check the parts and piping system, if there is any damaged part replace it as soon as possible.
The damaged part resists the efficiency of the Small Glycol Chiller.
What is the difference between the Portable Glycol Chiller and Small Glycol Chiller?
Both the Portable Glycol Chiller and Small Glycol Chiller are quite the same. Both use glycol fluid as a cooling agent.
- The minimum size of Portable Glycol Chiller is 1.5 tons and the maximum size is 250 tons.
- Whereas the minimum size of Small Glycol Chiller is 5 tons and the maximum size is 60 tons.
- Both are made up of stainless steel with high tensile and corrosion strength.
- The maximum temperature of Glycol is -35 centigrade.
- The maximum temperature of Small Glycol Chiller is -20 centigrade.
- Portable Glycol Chiller is more cost-efficient than Small Glycol Chiller.
- However, Small Glycol Chiller is more land-efficient than Portable Glycol Chiller.
- Small Glycol Chiller has scroll compressors.
- Portable Glycol Chiller comes with a screw-type compressor.
Portable Glycol Chiller
How to Size and Design a Small Glycol Chiller For your Application?
Numerous factors need to be followed before sizing and designing Small Glycol Chiller.
If you are looking for a customized Small Glycol Chiller then you have to clear a few things.
- Calculate the amount of cooling your application need.
- Calculate the heat load of the total application
If your application produces 30 barrels at one time so you have 30 barrel system.
The next step is to determine the pull-down or crashing. The pull-down happens when the temperature of the vessel drops.
This is the best way to select the size of a Small Glycol Chiller.
The factors that must be counted before sizing:
- The size of tanks
- Variable temperature
- Amount of time to achieve the required temperature.
Calculate the pull-down load
Calculate the volume of your tank in unit gallons
9 bbl tank= 279 gallons
1 bbl= 31 gallons
If we have five 7 bbl tank
217 X 5= 1085 gallons of water
- After that multiply the total gallons by 8.3 to get some pounds.
1085 X 8.33 = 9038 pounds.
Now the next is step is to multiply the total number of pounds by your available temperature.
The common temperature difference is 75°F – 34°F which equals 41°F.
9038 X 41°F = 370,558 total BTU.
Now next step is to divide the pull hours with the total BTU.
370,558/18 = 20,586 (BTU/HR)
- 586 BTU/HR if your pull downtime is 18 hours.
This is the total BTU/HR needed for the pull-down process. The above-given data will help you to calculate your data of pull-down and then select accordingly.
How to Install your Small Glycol Chiller?
The Small Glycol Chiller is a very sensitive piece of equipment, it should be handled carefully.
You must have a proper vehicle to unload it and transport it to the appropriate place. Arrange a lift truck or rent it.
After delivery unbox it and carefully inspect it. Mae sure the delivery facility does not leave before your inspection is completed.
Document the Small Glycol Chiller with your photographs, check all the pipings and seals to ensure safe operating.
Check the proper wiring, in case of any fault and damage found while inspecting, you should send it back.
It may take a few more days for delivery, so it is better to wait rather than accept damaged equipment.
Placement of your equipment
If your Small Glycol chiller is designed to be placed outside so keep in mind that it has copper piping and a condenser that attracts the snatchers.
To ensure the safety of your investment create a fence around it. Do not place it in a small room or around the corner, it needs a flow of air to get rid of heat.
Wiring set up
The wiring and piping is the most important part. Place the Small Glycol Chiller and tanks nearby and connect them with piping.
Avoid too much piping as it will cause pressure on cooing jackets and decrease their efficiency.
Call an experienced electrician, who installed such systems before.
Small Glycol Chiller Wiring Set Up
How to Maintain your Small Glycol Chiller?
The regular or quarterly check of Small Glycol Chiller keeps it maintained and efficient. Following are the steps to follow.
- Keep the record and balance of all the wires and tubes. Clean the tubes quarterly with detergent to ensure safe transporting of Glycol.
- Check the motors monthly and also its belt. Make sure that the motor sounds like it is operating smoothly.
- Check the missing insulations and leaks in all the connections. If any leakage is found call the experts immediately.
- Inspect the condenser monthly too. Clean all its grills and fins, look for dirt and resistance of airflow. Use the vacuum to clean fins.
- Trunk lines must be inspected every quarter to avoid ice buildup, damage to the covering, and glycol fluid leakage.
- As I mentioned above that there is a mixture of water and glycol, so it is necessary to check the freezing point of the mixture with the help of a refract meter.
- The general range of mixture is like 20-25% however, every manufacturing company suggests a different mixture range so you have to follow the range your company suggests.
- To reduce the friction you should lubricate its moving parts. The reduction in friction will increase the efficiency of the Small Glycol Chiller.
- Inspect it thoroughly and if there is any damaged part, try to replace it as soon as possible because it is compact in design and a little damaged will affect its whole efficiency.
- Keep checking the oil level, the perfect oil level helps you in providing full efficiency.
- Check the level of glycol fluid in your reservoir. It is easy to check its level because the external slight tube is available.
Small Glycol Chiller Oil Level Checking
How to Detect the Problem in Small Glycol Chiller and Troubleshoot them?
It is very common to experience setbacks, even after operating the new Small Glycol Chiller.
Due to its complicated mechanism, sometimes it is difficult to find the issue, so it is better to call an expert.
Failure of Glycol Fluid
The blocked pipes affect the flow of glycol to a great extent. The combination and algae in pipes decrease the flow of the glycol. Which affects the cooling of the Small Glycol Chiller.
This problem can be solved after proper maintenance of pipes and refiling of the refrigerants regularly or depending on your usage.
Failure to Power Up
When the flow of power is insufficient, the Small Glycol Chiller is unable to operate. You should check all the connections and power switches.
You can solve it after changing the power cables.
Sometimes the Glycol solution freezes and the flow ultimately stopped. To solve this check the rotation of the glycol pump, use an antifreeze system.
The pump rotation pumps the glycol and provides cooling at a larger capacity. The reduced flow will cause reduced refrigeration temperature in the evaporator.
If rotation is incorrect you need to change any two motor leads.
There is a belt in the motor and when sometimes the belt breaks it causes failure in Small Glycol Chiller. So you have to check the belt situation after every three months.
Small Glycol Chiller Troubleshooting
FAQ of Small Glycol Chiller.
What is an R-290 refrigerant?
R290 (Propane) is refrigerant evaluation propane, utilized as an option in contrast to R404A and R407 arrangement refrigerants in new refrigeration and cooling system such as Small Glycol Chiller.
What is the Electrical requirement for Small Glycol Chiller?
The electrical requirement varies from size to size. There is 208-240 volt in a single and three-phase. There is also 465-480 volt, three-phase.
What is VFD in Small Glycol Chiller?
VFD stands for ‘variable frequency drive’, it is used in the condenser to control the movement of the fan in Small Glycol Chiller.
What is the Right Glycol level for my Small Glycol Chiller?
The small Glycol Chiller has sight glass and a tube that helps you to see the level of glycol. The reservoir should be 2/3rd full.
What Temperature Should I Set For My Small Glycol Chiller?
The Small Glycol Chiller is designed to be set up at any temperature, which is suitable for your application.
The general setpoint is 18 °F.
What Pipe Size is Suitable for Small Glycol Chiller?
The standard pipe size is 1”, 2”. It can be increased or decreased compared to your needs.
What is Y Strainer in Small Glycol Chiller?
A Y strainer is fitting which directs the flow to the right size. It catches particles and contaminations. It prevents contamination.
What is the best Glycol for My Small Glycol Chiller?
Propylene is safer to use than its alternative ethylene.
100% Quality Tested Small Glycol Chiller