TopChiller Packaged Water Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier China
- Cooling capacity ranges from 3 Ton to 280 Ton
- Temperature control ranges from 7°C to 35°C
- Top branded efficient, hermetic compressor
- Cooling type aluminum/copper fin condenser
- Crankcase heater& hot gas bypass for compressor
- Stainless steel brazed plate heat exchanger
- Water flow switch and high-pressure controller
- Insulated water and refrigerant pipelines
Your Reliable Packaged Water Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China over 20 Years
Packaged Water Chiller is a cooling machine containing pumping system and internal reservoir on the same skid to occupy less space, produces cooling effect through chilled water heat transferring.
TopChiller is a superior famed manufacturing and supplying company of Packaged Water Chiller in China working with trust from last twenty years.
Since 1999, TopChiller is steadily providing Packaged Water Chiller full line of varying capacity models to all world markets with high precision and appreciation by customers.
Hermetic compressor, copper fin condenser, heat exchanger, refrigeration tank, water tank and water pump, expansion valves, water flow switch, power supply, suction accumulator, protecting devices, Screen display, solenoid, and side glass are the main constituents of Packaged Water Chiller.
TopChiller constructed Packaged Water Chiller has different advantages for different applications as:
Packaged Water Chiller is used in various applications requiring cooling as:
Cooling for jacketed tanks, specialist food machinery cooling, fermenter cooling, potable/non-potable water, glycol system, computer rooms cooling, laser and plastic industry, and Ingredient water, etc.
If you are considering buying a water-cooled, self-contained, on-skid-based Packaged Water Chiller for your application?
If you are searching for a reliable Packaged Water Chiller containing a pumping system with pre-wiring, manufacturer in China to facilitate your application?
Do hurry and contact with TopChiller experts to find out a Packaged Water Chiller exactly matches your required considerations.
TopChiller is the first and foremost platform customizing the needs of our customers at a reasonable price.
Features and Advantages
- Water-cooled condensers configured with a cooling tower in a Packaged Water Chiller enable constant performance independent of ambient temperature as large-sized capacity do not get affected by ambient temperature.
- TopChiller designed Packaged Water Chiller is on preference to use for large scale applications due to its large capacity and water tank availability areas with an excess amount of water providing cooling effect fluently to equipment.
- Double pump installation in Packaged Water Chiller ensures the highly durable performance with long service life as one pump is directed for constant water flow, while the second pump regulates the variable flow of water to continue unit workings.
- Packaged Water Chiller is configured with a water flow switch and a freeze thermostat to prevent refrigerant from freezing ensuring stabilized performance.
Packaged Water Chiller Technical Specifications
|Power source||1PH~220V/3PH~220V/380V 50HZ/60HZ||3PH～380V/415V/480V～50HZ/60HZ(3PH～200V/220V 50HZ/60HZ)|
|Control||Capillary / thermostatic expansion valve|
|Compressor||Type||Hermetic Rotary||Hermetic scroll ( piston )|
|Condenser||Type||Efficient finned copper tube with aluminum+low noise external rotor fan|
|Air flow (m3/h)||750||1000||1500||2000||2500||3000||4000||5000||6000||8000||10000||12000||15000|
|Evaporator||Type||SS Tank coil / shell and tube type / Plate type heat exchanger|
| Chilled water|
|Water pump||Power (kw)||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.75||0.75||0.75||1.5||1.5||2.2|
|Max flow (m3)||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||8.1||8.1||8.1||13.5||13.5||25.2|
|Safety protection||Compressor inner protection, over current protection, high/low pressure protection, over temperature protection, flow rate protection, phase sequence/phase missing protection, low level coolant protection, anti freezing protection, exhaust overheat protection|
The above specifications are according to the following design conditions:
1, 12℃/7℃.Chilled water inlet/outlet temperature 12℃/7℃.
2, 33℃/38℃.Cooling air inlet/outlet temperature 33℃/38℃.
We reserve the right to modify the specification without further notice.
Packaged Water Chiller Technical Specifications
|Power source||3PH～380V/415V/480V～50HZ/60HZ(3PH～200V/220V 50HZ/60HZ)|
|Control||Capillary / Thermostatic expansion valve|
|Compressor||Type||Hermetic scroll ( piston )|
|Condenser||Type||Efficient finned copper tube with aluminum+low noise external rotor fan|
|Air flow (m³/h)||15000||20000||20000||25000||25000||30000||30000||40000||40000||50000||50000||60000|
|Evaporator||Type||SS Tank coil/ shell and tube type/Plate type heat exchanger|
| inlet/outlet pipe|
|Max flow (m³)||25.2||25.2||25.2||25.2||25.2||36||36||36||36||40||40||40|
|Safety devices||Compressor inner protection, over current protection, high/low pressure protection, over temperature protection, flow rate protection, phase sequence/phase missing protection, low level coolant protection, anti freezing protection, exhaust overheat protection|
The above specifications are according to the following design conditions:
1, Chilled water inlet/outlet temperature 12℃/7℃.
2, Cooling air inlet/outlet temperature 33℃/38℃.
We reserve the right to modify the specification without further notice.
Packaged Water Chiller Configuration Table
|Oil pressure gauge (high low)||HONGSEN||TAIWAN|
|Dryer filter||EMERSON /ALCO||USA|
TopChiller Free Service and Technical Support
As the professional chiller manufacturer over 20 years, TopChiller is always happy to provide our free service and technical support accessible to our clients before,during and after sales. If you need any help, welcome to call us or send your inquiry to our email. These free service and technical support including；
- Listening to your detailed chiller requirements and give your best chiller solution for your applications based on our rich experience.
- If you have no idea about how to size your chiller model or cooling capacity, it’s no a big issue, Just tell us your specific cooling demands, we will guide you to select the right economical chiller model.
- 7*24 online service,If you have any problem about chiller,you may call us or send email, we are always here to support you.
TopChiller Standard Warranty Time
After purchasing TopChiller product, you are our valued customers in TopChiller ERP system.
We will do regular tracking service and Your chiller having up to 24 months warranty time after installation and commissioning,
If your chiller is down, you can contact TopChiller for support to solve your problem..Once we received your message,Our service technician on duty will contact you as soon as possible.
TopChiller Start-up & Commissioning
TopChiller also provides the additional service of start-up or commissioning of your chiller.You’d better prior to scheduling your start-up, it is important that the proper installation procedures have been followed and the chiller is ready.
TopChiller technician will guide you how to start-up your chiller when your chiller is ready, besides this we have full sets of paper works including: Chiller installation manual, operation manual, electrical drawing for you.
Free Replacement Spare Parts
Providing free replacement spare parts for TopChiller,is the best customer service in the industry to support you when you are sourcing replacement parts.
We have most parts are in stock and available for next day shipment for your chillers.
If you want have some replacement spare parts,just provide us your chiller serial number and model number to expedite the sourcing process.
Better to have the nameplate and pictures of your chiller for our reference. This will help us find the proper replacements at earliest time.
6 Points Why TopChiller Is Your Best Packaged Water Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China?
Packaged Water Chiller an Ultimate Buying Guide by TopChiler
A Packaged Water Chiller is a mechanical device used to remove heat from water with the aid of a refrigerant.
It helps in the removal of heat and dehumidification of air.
Packaged Water Chiller is available in two primary forms: The first one is mechanical maintenance types.
The maintenance Packaged Water Chiller is composed of an evaporator condenser blower and other control contractions.
An absorption Packaged Water Chiller system on their hand does not possess a blower but consists of a condenser, evaporator, and generator.
It is a versatile and ideal source of refrigeration for industrial application.
The word “Packaged” in Package Water Chiller indicates the components of the system are compact in one package.
The average cooling capacity of Packaged Water Chiller is up to 60 tons.
This guide consists of all the tips you need before buying a Packaged Water Chiller.
- What is Packaged Water Chiller?
- What are The Main Features That Make Packaged Water Chiller Unique?
- Why you Need Packaged Water Chiller For your Application?
- What are The Applications of Packaged Water Chiller?
- What are the Components of Packaged Water Chiller?
- What is the Difference Between an Air-Cooled Packaged Water Chiller and Water-cooled Packaged Water Chiller?
- What are the Benefits of Packaged Water Chiller for your Application?
- How Packaged Water Chiller Operates And Process?
- What are Factors to Consider When Laying Out and Designing your Packaged Water Chiller?
- How to Size the Packaged Water Chiller for your Application?
- What Are The Essential Guidelines to Install Packaged Water Chiller?
- How to Maintain your Packaged Water Chiller?
- How to Troubleshoot Problems and Faults in your Packaged Water Chiller?
- FAQ of Packaged Water Chiller
What is Packaged Water Chiller?
Packaged Water Chiller is a pack of refrigeration systems that provides cooling in a wide variety of environments.
If you are looking forward to a commercial HVAC system that guarantees a cost-effective cooling solution according to your needs, then consider Packaged Water Chiller.
The body of Packaged Water Chiller is made up of stainless steel.
The brazed plate of its evaporator is also stainless steel with ½ insulation. Insulation is a security blanket to avoid sound production.
The effective mechanism of Packaged Water Chiller allows it to run smooth operations for a long time.
When the whole application depends on Packaged Water Chiller it keeps the trust and keeps working 24/7.
It is also known as the “Heart of Central system” as it provides cooling to enormous industrial applications.
The Packaged Water Chiller has different components than its alternatives and works accordingly for the application process.
The semi-hermetic nature of its compressor with a crankcase heater makes it more efficient.
The Packaged Water Chiller uses laser cooling technology that is more effective than its alternatives.
There are usually two types of Packaged Water Chiller:
- Air Cooled Packaged Water Chiller
- Water Cooled Packaged Water Chiller.
The Packaged Water Chiller ensures the regulation of temperature by initiating the refrigeration cycle.
What are The Main Features That Make Packaged Water Chiller Unique?
The most distinguishing factor that separates the Packaged Water Chiller from other types of Chiller is installing cooling towers.
Asides from the evaporator, condenser, power, and control systems, the Packaged Water Chiller eliminates heat from the point of application by subjecting the circulated Water to a cooling process at the cooling tower.
Other added features of the Packaged Water Chiller System include:
- Scroll / reciprocating compressor
- PHE evaporator
- Expansion valve
- Refrigerant solution
- Rated water temperature range between15 -17 °C
Electrical Controls System:
- Microprocessor bases temp controller
- High and low-pressure switch
- Antifreeze thermostat
- Single-phase preventer
- Float switch
- Potential free contact for fault signal
- Overflow port
- Bypass connection
- Top up port
- Non-corrosive piping
- Water pressure gauge
- SS centrifugal pump
- Insulated SS reservoir with a lid of 30 liters / TR volume
- Level indicator
A coated metallic Structure/housing.
Why you Need Packaged Water Chiller For your Application?
Packaged Water Chiller is needed for industrial and commercial applications because they provide cooling and temperature regulation at effective and constant rates.
The mechanical motion of machines and engines always leads to the production of heat.
The removal of these mechanical and sometimes electrical heat is necessary for the smooth operation of the system.
Packaged Water Chiller is recommended temperature regulation machines that extract ye heat and, through series of thermodynamic processes, restore the machine to normal temperatures.
What are The Applications of Packaged Water Chiller?
The major application of a Packaged Water Chiller is in the cooling of Products, equipment, and machines.
Their usage spans across several industries such as:
- Plastics and metal industry
- Chemical processing industry
- Pharmaceutical and food industry
- Beverage processing industries
- Cement processing and gas cooling
- Power generation and vacuum systems Industry
- Machinery tooling Industry
- Die-casting Industry
- Welding equipment Industry
Heat specialized systems such as lasers and MRI machines also require the use of Packaged Water Chiller.
In industrial setups, companies can choose to connect single refrigeration to several machines and outlets for cooling.
They can also choose to decentralize the entire system to ensure a single refrigeration connection to a device.
Sometimes, the whole system can be used in combination with both single and combined connections. The connections are based on the cooling requirement of each design.
Packaged Water Chiller is used for centralized cooling and can provide cooling capacity up to 60 tons, while smaller Water Packaged Chiller Can Provide cooling up to 10 tons.
What are the Components of Packaged Water Chiller?
Every Packaged Water Chiller contains the following components: expansion valve, condenser, evaporator, power unit, control units, and a compressor.
These components are also contained in the air Packaged Water Chiller, except for a cooling tower.
A compressor is responsible for the movement and distribution of the refrigerant around the entire system.
The compressor is located in between the evaporator and the condenser.
It is insulated and carries an electrical motor which provides the driving force. They can be installed externally or internally.
The condenser is found between the expansion valve and the compressor.
The condenser eliminates heat contained in the refrigerant. The heat picked up by the refrigerant happens when it goes through the evaporator.
Water-cooled condensers are installed in Packaged Water Chiller to repeatedly allow condensed water flow between the cooling towers and the condenser.
As the hot refrigerant enters the condenser, the heat absorbed is transferred to the condenser water.
The water goes through the cooling tower before its removal from the Packaged Water Chiller.
Water enters the condenser at about twenty-seven degrees Celsius and exits for the cooling tower at 32°C degrees Celsius.
The expansion valves are located between the evaporator and the condenser. It expands the refrigerant while reducing pressure and increasing the volume of the refrigerant.
There are four types of expansion valves, namely.
- Fixed orifice expansion valve.
- Electronic expansion valve
- Pilot operated thermal expansion valve
- Thermal expansion valve
The evaporator can be found between the compressor and the expansion valve.
It collects the unwanted heat from the equipment or machine and sends it straight to the refrigerant to pass it along for disposal after contacting the cooling tower.
The heat extracted by the refrigerant reduces the temperature of the point of application.
The power unit provides the power required for the running of the System. The Packaged Water Chiller is not manual but electrically operated.
Its power unit is installed internally and consists of a circuit breaker, speed controller, power monitoring equipment, and starter.
Some power units for other types of Packaged Water Chiller can be mounted externally with series of electrical cables running in-between.
The control unit is placed inside the housing of the Packaged Water Chiller. It monitors the individual performances of the system components to recommend necessary adjustments.
It alarms the monitoring officials of safety and dangerous issues that may constitute severe damages to the entire system.
These alarms help the operators to prevent unexpected system failure
What is the Difference Between an Air-Cooled Packaged Water Chiller and Water-cooled Packaged Water Chiller?
The cooling tower is the distinguishing factor between the water-cooled and air-cooled Packaged Water Chiller.
The water-cooled Packaged Water Chiller has better cooling efficiency than the air Packaged Water Chiller due to its ability to recycle chilled water at a constant rate.
Their rate and efficiency of cooling are quicker than the air-cooled packaged chiller. Other components of the water-cooled packaged chiller may include condensers, pumps, evaporators, and expansion valves.
The Packaged Water Chiller helps you minimize installation space; you get better operating cooling efficiency and lifespan.
Packaged Water Chiller is better for indoor installations and reduces space consumption. They are operated by electric power and save a lot of cost with the cooling capacity offered per cycle.
Air Cooled Packaged Water Chiller.
If we consider environmental conditions, aesthetics, and aesthetics, we will more likely choose the air-cooled Packaged Water Chiller.
The Air Cooled Packaged Water Chiller utilizes air stream as its medium of heat exchange. Don’t confuse this for the air stream circulated in the cooling tower of a Packaged Water Chiller.
The airstream provided in the latter utilizes a mixture of ambient air, water spray, and air. The Airstream supplied by an air Cooled Packaged Water Chiller is primarily ambient air.
Areas, where Water supply is expensive and not available in large volumes may incur water consumption expenses.
With the advancements in technology, more innovations are currently carried out on air-cooled Packaged Water Chiller to boost their productivity.
In subsequent years, we might see more air-cooled Packaged Water Chiller with improved noise reduction technology and improved efficiency.
Irrespective of the advancements to enhance air-cooled Packaged Water Chiller’s productivity, Packaged Water Chiller will retain its ranking.
So here is a list of the distinguishing factors for air-cooled Packaged Water Chiller:
- Low cost of maintenance
- Ease of operation
- Environmental safety (no water wastage)
- No cooling towers
- Reduced chemical costs
- No water costs
- It doesn’t constitute any water threat
What are the Benefits of Packaged Water Chiller for your Application?
A Packaged Water Chiller has a long lifespan when compared as compared to its alternatives
Packaged Water Chiller installation requires constant replacement due to their exposure to environmental factors such as heat, rain, snow, or ice.
These factors affect the lifespan of every refrigeration system.
Since the Packaged Water Chiller has a protective covering, it isn’t susceptible to frequent damages from environmental forces.
Unlike a Packaged Air Chiller, a Packaged Water Chiller is pretty quiet when in operation.
The noise created by its alternatives comes from its ducts and vents.
The expansion and contraction of air circulated produced noise and sounds that are uncomfortable to the ears.
A quiet operation is required in serene environments like schools, hospitals, and private firms.
Packaged Water Chiller has a high-efficiency rating which places them above other temperature maintenance methods. They help you save energy costs and charges.
No Open Space Needed
The external covering of Packaged Water Chiller helps them to be installed indoors and in buildings.
Companies and organizations with less outdoor space prefer installing Packaged Water Chiller.
Air-Cooled Chiller, on the other hand, must be installed in outdoor areas, making them a bad option for minimized space.
The refrigerants used in Packaged Water Chiller are cheap and safe for the system.
They are not composed of toxic chemicals and don’t harm if accidental contacts are made with them.
How Packaged Water Chiller Operates And Process?
Every chiller operates on the principle of vapor absorption and vapor compression.
Both processes involve a constant supply of coolants to a desired mechanical system at a temperature of about 10 degrees Celsius.
The circulation of coolants follows series of operations to extract the heat from the equipment or machine parts before transferring the heat energy to an external source.
Step 1: Refrigeration:
In the process of refrigeration, heat is transferred from the equipment to lower the temperature of the equipment.
Step 2: Evaporation
An evaporator allows mechanical refrigeration during contact with a chilled water stream.
The constant circulation of refrigerants requires the installation of an expansion device, compressor, and condenser.
There is a continued thermodynamic process involved in the circulation of the refrigerant through each of the components.
The evaporator performs a heat exchange function by transferring heat energy from the required mechanical part to the refrigerant.
The heat transfer causes the refrigerant’s evaporation, followed sequentially by transforming the low-pressure liquid into vapor.
Step 3: Compression
The compressor performs several functions, such as transferring the refrigerant from the evaporator at low pressure to ensure that heat is adequately absorbed.
It then raises the refrigerant’s pressure as it leaves the evaporator to enable a complete transfer in the condenser.
At the condenser, the evaporated refrigerant becomes liquid with a release of latent heat into the environment.
Step 4: Condensation
Here, the heat absorbed through the circulation Process is passed on to a cooling medium (Water).
What are Factors to Consider When Laying Out and Designing your Packaged Water Chiller?
Here are some essential factors to consider when designing the type of Packaged Water Chiller installation to be used.
Critical cooling operations would require a sufficient Packaged Water Chiller with sufficient cooling capacity and refrigeration rate.
For the mode of condensation, we have two mediums of condensation for Packaged Water Chiller.
They include air and water. You need to determine which medium of condensation would be utilized.
- Location of the Packaged Water Chiller. You would need to consider the lowest ambient temperature, piping height, ease with servicing, obstructions, and suitable place.
- Source of cooling: The cooling source would determine the temperature of condensed coolant released.
- The temperature control needed: strict temperature control may require two- loop Packaged Water Chiller with separate tanks.
- Average voltage consumption for the Packaged Water Chiller.
- The type of fluid or material to be cooled.
- The presence of corrosive materials or debris along the Water stream supplied.
- The effect of operating temperature on the viscosity of the chilled fluid circulated.
- Required inlet and outlet temperature
- Freeze protection for the coolant. If freeze protection is needed, then we need to know the percentage of cool may and the type of coolant to be used.
How to Size the Packaged Water Chiller for your Application?
To ascertain the proper Packaged Water Chiller installation, there are certain conditions and inquiries to be made.
The advancements in technology have created more portable and efficient machines.
Before installing any device, we must correctly determine the size required.
- Determine the heat load. The heat load of the point of application helps you choose a Packaged Water Chiller size large enough to carry out effective temperature regulation.
- Determine the type of coolant, the required temperature & flow rate.
- Map out the installation environment. Indoor installations can be used for cooling systems with high temperatures, while outdoor installations may be used for low and ambient temperatures.
You should also consider the location of other fittings such as filters, cooling towers, and sump heaters.
- Make use of Packaged Water Chiller System performance curves.
The performance curve helps you know which model has the desired capacity to maintain the temperature while allowing a constant supply of chilled water.
In doing this, you would consider the highest operating temperature and know which Packaged Water Chiller can regulate such spikes in temperature.
- Consult pump performance curves. These curves compare the pump pressure and flow rate to know the feasibility of the cooling system.
What Are The Essential Guidelines to Install Packaged Water Chiller?
- Install Packaged Water Chiller on supporting base. The mechanical room should have a concrete floor.
- Fix and secure anchorage devices. The epoxy-coated anchor belt is connected to the concrete floor by the structural engineer.
Attach the anchor bolts to ensure the proper elevation of the equipment.
- Consult with a vibration specialist to ascertain the suitability of the rate and magnitude of vibration for both the concrete floor and the machine.
- Make a piping connection to allowed flexibility between the complete and drained Packaged Water Chiller.
- Ensure that you have checked the oil gauge and refilled the refrigerant.
- Install the piping close to the Packaged Water Chiller for easy maintenance and servicing.
- Use a flange or mechanical coupling to connect the last set of pipes.
- The pipes should be installed in the water supply route to prevent damages to the condenser and evaporator.
- Install pressure relief valves in both the evaporator and condenser water systems.
- Attach vents at high points in the piping to bleed air from the chilled water system and drain valve at low points.
- Connect the evaporator inlet with vibration isolator flexible connector, filter, temperature and pressure measuring instruments, and shutoff valve.
- Connect the condenser inlet with vibration isolator flexible connector, filter, temperature and pressure measuring instruments, and shutoff valve.
- Install refrigerant pressure relief devices
How to Maintain your Packaged Water Chiller?
The energy consumed by the Packaged Water Chiller, when not effectively managed, can cause some outrageous costs.
Engineering professionals advise the implementation of specific measures to ensure optimal energy consumption.
The maintenance procedures fall into two categories:
- Preventive Procedures
- Predictive procedures
The continued emphasis on efficient energy and temperature regulation has driven several companies and organizations to implement a routine procedure to ensure enhanced Packaged Water Chiller maintenance.
Always inspect and clean the coils of the condenser.
The continued heat transfer between the condenser and other components of the Packaged Water Chiller leaves some debris and blockages on the condenser coils.
These blockages force the consumption of more power by the compressor to carry out its operation.
In the process of time, if not handled properly, it may lead to the breakdown of the entire system.
Maintenance engineers must be careful to look out for minor blockages like these before they accumulate.
Regularly recharge the refrigerant—the primary component of every cooling system is the refrigerant.
Never allow the quantity or circulation of your refrigerant to go below-recommended thresholds.
Maintain a constant supply of condenser water.
Debris such as sand, scales, eroded solids, and solids materials can restrict the flow of condenser water—these are constantly cleaned to allow optimum circulation.
The advancements in technology such as artificial intelligence and the internet of things have helped in the practical applications of Packaged Water Chiller.
With modern AI algorithms, we can precisely predict and detect the potential sources of failures in Packaged Water Chiller System before they occur.
Predictive maintenance involves collecting and analyzing operational data from the Packaged Water Chiller System to determine the action measures before the system breakdown.
The prevention of sudden damages in the Packaged Water Chiller system helps to reduce unproductive time and saves you the cost of emergency repairs.
The data collection is made possible by the internet, which allows several AI applications to advise the best measures of control.
As technology advances, we expect a more synthesized communication between AI tools to collect and analyze data from the Packaged Water Chiller.
However, complex systems such as these are still in their formative stages.
How to Troubleshoot Problems and Faults in your Packaged Water Chiller?
Here are some ways to troubleshoot your Packaged Water Chiller to determine the possible sources of operational malfunctioning.
When we troubleshoot, we are looking for problems and faults embedded in the operation of the chiller.
Keep in mind that these are common, but certainly not all the problems can cause a Packaged Water Chiller to go offline. It’s always best to remain up-to-date on chiller technology through training.
All the major Packaged Water Chiller manufacturers offer troubleshooting schools and seminars. All commercial field service technicians should avail themselves of them.
- Low-pressure trip: This is caused by low refrigerant, clogged water screen and filter, broken power assembly antifreeze, and mud coatings on the evaporator.
- High-pressure trip: common causes include blockage of the condenser, high water tank temperature, buildup of debris along with the condenser.
- Oil failure trip: this can be caused by low superheat, damaged pumps, and refrigerant leakages.
- Freeze stat: This happens when we have Poor water flow and low temperature of the thermostat.
- Blown fuses or starter trips: You would have this condition when the compressors are over-amped or shorted.
Every single connection must be made appropriately to avoid issues like these.
- System running but not reaching thermostat set point. When this happens, most likely, the evaporator has been iced up.
It is also caused by the breakdown of antifreeze, causing a low heat exchange. You should try reducing the load imposed on the Packaged Water Chiller.
- Freeze alarms. Freeze alarms are triggered by failures of the compressor or evaporator.
Once detected, all systems should be tested to pick out the particular component that experiences the fault.
The presence of freeze alarms when not attended to can constitute severe system damages.
- Dirty condenser. One effective way of knowing that the condenser is dirty is by observing the rate of condensation.
- Once condensation drops, the accumulation of debris could be responsible.
- Cleaning should be done by a trained technician who removes the clogs and dirt that have been accumulated.
When the condenser is clean, operating efficiency now increased.
FAQ of Packaged Water Chiller
How Cooling of Packaged Water Chiller Reduces?
When the machine is turned on, and cooling has begun, you can detect by observing the coolant’s temperature at the outlet point.
When you observe a reduction in the refrigerant and evaporator temperature, the system may be shut down.
How can I Confirm that the Chiller’s Water Pump is Working?
Some of the factors that may restrict the Packaged Water Chiller operation include pump failure, insufficient coolant volume, restrictions in the flow line.
The partial or total closure of valves.
If the pump is functioning effectively, we should have a constant rate of chilled water distribution.
Can a Change in the Location of the Packaged Water Chiller Affect its Operation?
The external covering on the Packaged Water Chiller makes it difficult for climatic conditions like rain, sunlight, and snow to affect the machine’s operation significantly.
When you change your Packaged Water Chiller location, there’s every tendency for occurrences like damages to piping, loose and missing pipe insulation, and irregularities in line voltage.
It is better to have a standard room in your building structure where the Packaged Water Chiller would be mounted.
What Could be the Possible Causes of the Inability of the Packaged Water Chiller to Power up?
Here are some things you need to check out:
- Incorrect phase connection
- Damaged or blown circuit breaker and fuse
- Unconscious alteration of the power switch
- Bad electrical connections.
What Happens When the Packaged Water Chiller doesn’t Pump Fluid at a Sufficient Rate?
The Packaged Water Chiller should have enough fluid in its reservoir.
Sound like the voltage, fluids that meet up with temperature requirements and fluctuations, a free and unblocked process line.
Sufficiently large piping size, pump at optimum condition, unblocked fluid filter.
When there is a problem with any of the mentioned conditions, you should expect your Chiller pump issues.
What could be Responsible for Obstructing Efficient Cooling Processes?
When there are leaks of refrigerant in the Packaged Water Chiller, it truncates the entire cooling cycle.
Other potential threats to ye cycle include high ambient temperature, shallow evaporator temperature, fluctuations in line voltage, clogs in the condenser or filter.
What are the Causes of a Low-Pressure Trip?
The low-pressure trip is caused by clogged Water filters, debris, deposits on the evaporator, reduced water supply, low refrigerant, and faulty power assembly.
What are the Causes of High-Pressure Trips?
High-pressure trips result from buildups in the Packaged Water Chiller components due to the circulation of contaminated water and High temperatures (above 80°F) at the water tank.
The deposition of minerals and unwanted debris from the water stream is the primary source of high-pressure trips in Packaged Water Chiller.
What Happens When the Packaged Water Chiller is Operating Below the thermostat Set Point?
Most likely, at this point, there has been an antifreeze breakdown at the evaporator, which reduces the quality of heat transfer.
The system load created by this breakdown becomes too much for the Packaged Water Chiller System to manage, reducing its performance.
What Hinders the Flow of Fluids Along with the Packaged Water Chiller?
Shut water valve, broken flow switch paddle, small water piping, blocked water filter, and insufficient water supply result in reduced distribution of fluids along with the Packaged Water Chiller System.