TopChiller Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier
- Cooling capacity ranges from 1 ton to 120 ton
- Temperature control ranges 5°F to 50°F
- Branded rotary, piston, or scroll compressor
- Efficient evaporator-in-tank configuration
- Stainless steel storage tank with insulation
- Centrifugal fans and copper condenser coils
- Packaged unit with internal pump and tank
- Warranty up to 24 months after purchase
Your Reliable Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China Over 20 Years
Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is a cooling device that contains all of its primary components outside on a single package and produces a cooling effect by chilled air.
TopChiller is a professional manufacturer and trustworthy supplier of Packaged Air Cooled Chiller in China for over the last twenty years.
TopChiller is proudly supplying factory-mounted, instant cooling producing models of Packaged Air Cooled Chiller to all over the world marketplace ensuring standardized credibility among customers.
Scroll compressor, heat exchanger, air-cooled condenser, thermostat, condenser fins, pre-wired power supplier, refrigerant tank, temperature-sensitive alarms, power supply, protection devices, are leading components of Packaged Air Cooled Chiller.
TopChiller designed Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is used in a large number of commercial and industrial applications as:
The medical industry, laboratories, mining, pressing, jacketed vessels, extrusion, food, and beverage industry, blow molding, hypermarkets, supermarkets, laser cutting, brewery, refineries, fiber, optics, and MRI cooling, etc.
If you are searching for a pre-wired and pre-factory mounted Packaged Air Cooled Chiller manufacturer in China to enhance your business? If you are considering buying a reliable, small space occupying Packaged Air Cooled Chiller for your application?
Do contact with TopChiller sales and engineers to select the best Packaged Air Cooled Chiller suitable to your application at reasonable costs.
TopChiller is offering Packaged Air Cooled Chiller with steadfast and guaranteed service to build up our client business.
Features and Advantages
- TopChiller brand Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is reliable in its operation configured by condenser centrifugal fans and copper condenser coils that prevent the unit from dust and debris entry, clogging, or rust and ensure steady performance.
- We have all types and models with different cooling capacities of packaged air-cooled chillers are available, cooling capacity from 1 ton to 120 ton
- Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is easy to install at small areas applications, and has a lower cost of maintenance configured by pre-factory mounting and pre-wiring minimizing the installation expanses.
- TopChiller designed Packaged Air Cooled Chiller can be installed at noise-sensitive areas by placing compressor and condenser fans outside than inside to compensate for the noise-related issue.
- Packaged Air Cooled Chiller has chilled air that absorbs the collected heat from the condenser by circulating over the condenser and releases it to the environment providing an efficient chilling effect.
TopChiller team can help you customize Packaged Air Cooled Chiller as per the requirements of your industrial or commercial application.
- Spare Parts
- Send Enquiry
Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Technical Specifications
|Power source||1PH~220V/3PH~220V/380V 50HZ/60HZ||3PH～380V/415V/480V～50HZ/60HZ(3PH～200V/220V 50HZ/60HZ)|
|Control||Capillary / thermostatic expansion valve|
|Compressor||Type||Hermetic Rotary||Hermetic scroll ( piston )|
|Condenser||Type||Efficient finned copper tube with aluminum+low noise external rotor fan|
|Air flow (m3/h)||750||1000||1500||2000||2500||3000||4000||5000||6000||8000||10000||12000||15000|
|Evaporator||Type||SS Tank coil / shell and tube type / Plate type heat exchanger|
| Chilled water|
|Water pump||Power (kw)||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.75||0.75||0.75||1.5||1.5||2.2|
|Max flow (m3)||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||8.1||8.1||8.1||13.5||13.5||25.2|
|Safety protection||Compressor inner protection, over current protection, high/low pressure protection, over temperature protection, flow rate protection, phase sequence/phase missing protection, low level coolant protection, anti freezing protection, exhaust overheat protection|
The above specifications are according to the following design conditions:
1, 12℃/7℃.Chilled water inlet/outlet temperature 12℃/7℃.
2, 33℃/38℃.Cooling air inlet/outlet temperature 33℃/38℃.
We reserve the right to modify the specification without further notice.
Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Technical Specifications
|Power source||3PH～380V/415V/480V～50HZ/60HZ(3PH～200V/220V 50HZ/60HZ)|
|Control||Capillary / Thermostatic expansion valve|
|Compressor||Type||Hermetic scroll ( piston )|
|Condenser||Type||Efficient finned copper tube with aluminum+low noise external rotor fan|
|Air flow (m³/h)||15000||20000||20000||25000||25000||30000||30000||40000||40000||50000||50000||60000|
|Evaporator||Type||SS Tank coil/ shell and tube type/Plate type heat exchanger|
| inlet/outlet pipe|
|Max flow (m³)||25.2||25.2||25.2||25.2||25.2||36||36||36||36||40||40||40|
|Safety devices||Compressor inner protection, over current protection, high/low pressure protection, over temperature protection, flow rate protection, phase sequence/phase missing protection, low level coolant protection, anti freezing protection, exhaust overheat protection|
The above specifications are according to the following design conditions:
1, Chilled water inlet/outlet temperature 12℃/7℃.
2, Cooling air inlet/outlet temperature 33℃/38℃.
We reserve the right to modify the specification without further notice.
Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Configuration Table
|Oil pressure gauge (high low)||HONGSEN||TAIWAN|
|Dryer filter||EMERSON /ALCO||USA|
TopChiller Free Service and Technical Support
As the professional chiller manufacturer for over 20 years, TopChiller is always happy to provide our free service and technical support accessible to our clients before, during, and after-sales. If you need any help, welcome to call us or send your inquiry to our email. These free services and technical support include；
- Listening to your detailed chiller requirements and giving your best chiller solution for your applications based on our rich experience.
- If you have no idea about how to size your chiller model or cooling capacity, it’s not a big issue, Just tell us your specific cooling demands, we will guide you to select the right economical chiller model.
- 7*24 online service, If you have any problem with the chiller, you may call us or send an email, we are always here to support you.
TopChiller Standard Warranty Time
After purchasing the TopChiller product, you are our valued customers in the TopChiller ERP system.
We will do regular tracking service and Your chiller has up to 24 months warranty time after installation and commissioning,
If your chiller is down, you can contact TopChiller for support to solve your problem. Once we received your message, Our service technician on duty will contact you as soon as possible.
TopChiller Start-up & Commissioning
TopChiller also provides the additional service of start-up or commissioning of your chiller. You’d better before scheduling your start-up, it is important that the proper installation procedures have been followed and the chiller is ready.
TopChiller technician will guide you on how to start up your chiller when your chiller is ready, besides this, we have full sets of paper works including Chiller installation manual, operation manual, electrical drawing for you.
Free Replacement Spare Parts
Providing free replacement spare parts for TopChiller is the best customer service in the industry to support you when you are sourcing replacement parts.
We have most parts are in stock and available for next day shipment for your chillers.
If you want to have some replacement spare parts, just provide us with your chiller serial number and model number to expedite the sourcing process.
Better to have the nameplate and pictures of your chiller for our reference. This will help us find the proper replacements at the earliest time.
6 Points Why TopChiller Is Your Best Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China?
Help You to Find Other Types of Chiller Relevant to Packaged Air Cooled Chiller
Packaged Air Cooled Chiller-An Ultimate Buying Guide by TopChiller.
A Packaged Air Cooled Chiller refers to a single air-cooled chiller unit that has all the parts well integrated to deal with the humidity in the air.
It also cools down the liquids and fluids in industries to produce a cooling effect.
Packaged Air Cooled Chiller performs both the air conditioning and HVAC functions in suitable applications.
Along with its use on a massive scale in the industries, it is also used on commercial levels.
A Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is used in hotels, clubs, restaurants, big sports halls, and corporate events.
Since it is easily moveable, it is very convenient to move from one place to another.
In terms of efficiency, working capacity, and speed, a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is worth the price, because it gives the best performance.
Let’s know more about it.
- What is a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
- What Are the Main Parts of a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
- What Are the Features of a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
- How Does a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Work?
- What is the Difference Between Water Cooled Chiller and a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
- Is a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Better Than a Water-Cooled Chiller?
- What Are the Applications of Using a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
- How to Choose the Best Packaged Air Cooled Chiller for your Application?
- What Are The Advantages of a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
- What Are the Steps to Install your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
- What Are the Safety Precautions For Using a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
- What Are the Maintenance Tips you Must Follow While Using a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
- How to Increase the Working Efficiency Of your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
- How to Troubleshoot your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
- FAQ of Packaged Air Cooled Chiller
What is a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
A Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is an air-cooled water cooling system that utilizes the ambient air to help in chilling the liquids or water. It works in coordination with an air handling unit.
The fan, the coils, and the motor, all parts of the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller are integrated into one assembly which makes it very convenient and preferable to use.
It uses a refrigeration cycle to make a fluid heat-free thus cooling it down.
This cooled fluid is then used for HVAC and Air Conditioning purposes for different applications depending on the load.
Because of its mobility and energy-saving advantage, it is extensively used in commercial units, large setups, and industrial units as well.
Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Manufactured by TopChiller
What Are the Main Parts of a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
Following are the major parts of a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller
It is the powerhouse for your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller. It provides the energy and force to the cooling agent in the device. Stated below are the four types of compressors.
It is an array of parallel hoses or tubes. Within these pipes, the hot refrigerant moves along.
To reduce the surplus heat energy, some fresh air passes through the condenser.
- Condenser Fans
These condenser fans play a pivotal role in distinguishing between the water-cooled and Packaged Air-Cooled Chiller.
They help in moving the air through the condenser so that the air is spread evenly.
Thus removing the unnecessary heat energy from the set- up.
- Expansion Valve
It is a valve that plays its role within the expansion of the fluid as it is converted from its typical liquid form to the gaseous form.
Later on, the refrigerant is entered into the evaporator.
- Evaporator/Heat Exchanger
Water is chilled in the evaporator when unwanted heat is drawn into the refrigerant before it is fed into the condenser.
- Filter Drier
The system during its working process produces some undesired impurities that must be removed.
For this purpose, the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller system has a filter drier. However, this drier gets blocked by the contaminants if not taken care of.
Therefore, it is required to change the filter-drier regularly.
Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Filter Drier
What Are the Features of a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
Here are a few prominent features of a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller.
- It is authentic and economical.
- A Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is Eco friendly.
- It has a high precision level.
- Due to its excellent efficiency, there is no compromise in the best quality function of its system even under extreme outer conditions.
- The specifically designed condenser fans help in better air and heat regulation.
- As it uses ambient air for its function, it requires minimum maintenance and minimum expenditure.
Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Eco Friendly Refrigerant
How Does a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Work?
A Packaged Air Cooled Chiller uses the principle where the vapors are compressed. The basic idea is to absorb the heat energy from the prepared water.
The following mentioned steps will help you to have a better understanding of the working of Packaged Air Cooled Chiller.
- The refrigerant is used to dissipate the heat and once it is done, it becomes warm. So it is once again sent to the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller.
- The heat in the warm water is evacuated from the water with the help of the evaporator that is mentioned above.
- As the water moves along the tube of the evaporator, its form is changed. Thus, it gets converted into a gas with low pressure.
- The low-pressure gas is then moved to a compressor. In the compressor, the gas is modified or compressed to high-pressure gas.
- This high-pressure gas is then moved towards the condenser. Here, the heat energy is dissipated as it is released into the surrounding atmosphere with the help of condenser fans.
- As the system releases the heat outside, there is a high chance that the area becomes heated. To avoid this problem make sure to place the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller in a spacious area.
- Now that the heat has left the system, the modified refrigerant is converted back into the liquid form having a high pressure.
- This high-pressure liquid then moves towards the evaporator via the expansion valve. Here, the refrigerant is modified again to get converted into low-pressure liquid.
- As you know, the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller works continuously, the liquid is moved back into the evaporator. Thus the cycle is repeated.
Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Working Diagram
What is the Difference Between Water Cooled Chiller and a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
The main difference between the Packaged Water-Cooled Chiller and the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is based on the ejection method of the unneeded heat from the system.
- Water is pumped via a condenser in a water-cooled chiller and then it is spread with the help of a cooling tower.
- On the contrary, no cooling tower is involved in a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller system and the air is dispersed with the help of condenser fans as told above.
- The water-cooled chiller uses a flow of moist or humid air while the Packaged Air-Cooled Chiller uses a flow of ambient air.
- The cooling tower in the water-cooled chiller requires a massive space while the condenser fans in the Packaged Air-Cooled Chiller do not need much space.
- The maintenance of a water-cooled chiller is quite costly as they have large towers while the Packaged Air-Cooled Chiller has low maintenance costs.
Packaged Water Cooled Chiller
Is a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Better Than a Water-Cooled Chiller?
The following points will help you consider why you must choose a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller:
- No need for spacious and expensive cooling towers
- Low maintenance costs, thus quite pocket-friendly.
- In the water-scarce areas, the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is the best
- As it only involves air and water, thus any chemical cost is saved.
- As it requires a humble quantity of water, thus water expenses are saved.
- If a crisis results in a water shortage, you do not have to worry about your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller.
- It is very environmentally friendly and so you don’t have to worry about the wastage of water.
- It is quite easy to operate and control.
- It is very easy and simple to maintain the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller.
- It occupies very little space as compared to a water-cooled chiller.
What Are the Applications of Using a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
A Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is best for institutional, commercial as well as industrial applications.
It is used in extrusion, Optics, presses, welding, injection molding, printers, laboratories, hydraulics cooling, mining, dynamometers, and many other fields.
Here are a few applications explained in detail,
- Institutional Applications
A Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is used in School, College, and University buildings for maintaining and regulating the temperature for a comfortable environment.
- Commercial Applications
In commercial applications, a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller performs the function of both an air conditioner and an HVAC unit.
This helps to maintain an optimum temperature in a commercial area like a shopping mall, retail shops, and restaurants. It is extensively used in leisure hotels and clubs.
- Industrial Applications
A Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is used in industries to remove extra heat dissipated from the machines and ventilation for processes like welding, blow molding, etc.
Air conditioning functions can also be utilized in industries to maintain a good temperature.
Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is Used for Restaurant Buildings
How to Choose the Best Packaged Air Cooled Chiller for your Application?
To choose the best Packaged Air Cooled Chiller, you must consider the following points.
- Voltage range
The voltage range should be from 208 voltage/ 3pH/ 60 Hz to 480 voltage/ 3pH / 60 Hz, and it should have the ability to meet a variety of demands.
- Determination of the heat load
To ensure that the chosen product fulfills the demand of your application, you must know the heat load of the system.
- Determine the type of refrigerant, rate of flow, and temperature
After determining the heat load, what you have to calculate next is the determination of the refrigerant, rate of flow, and temperature.
- Identification of Installation Environment
The ideal environment for the installation of a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is an indoor environment where there are humidity and air conditioning required.
Also because of its mobility, it can be used in various environments.
- Using performance curves
You can use the performance curves to choose a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller that fulfills the needed capacity.
- Checking the pump performance curves
The pump performance curves must be kept under check to ensure that your pump provides sufficient pressure.
Occasionally, few devices contain a flow passage that is very tiny or very long, and as a result pressure loss occurs massively.
- The Ultimate Selection
In the end, keep in mind what color and brand you want to choose and if they fulfill the requirements of a standard Packaged Air Cooled Chiller.
By selecting a standard Packaged Air Cooled Chiller, you will feel comfortable and it will be worth investing your money.
What Are The Advantages of a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
Given below are the basic advantages of using a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller:
- The Installation expenses are quite low.
- The maintenance expenses are also not very costly.
- No cooling tower is needed.
- You do not need any particular mechanical room
- No need for condenser pumps.
What Are the Steps to Install your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
The Packaged Air Cooled Chiller does not need a vast space to get installed. And, so, this system can easily be installed in a small and compact area.
Only an authentic and certified person must be supposed to do the job.
If not, then this person, at the very least, should oversee the whole process.
Following are the installation steps:
- General Installation step
First of all, the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller must be unwrapped. Check if you have got all the required parts of the application.
Follow the instruction manual, and perform all the steps as mentioned there.
- Determination of site
Consider the site of your choice.
Then place your product there and follow the given instructions on your manual.
The device must be moved with the help of proper machines and cables.
- Mounting of the equipment
Then place the support system on which you wish to put your product. Place and adjust the system on it.
Provide clearance for maintenance and service as per required by the manufacturer.
- Basic components
It is the basic job of a professional manufacturer to provide you with all the basic and necessary parts and components of your product.
- Electric supply
You must ensure that you are installing the system at a place where you do not have to worry about the supply of electricity.
Make sure that you have all required the sockets for your system.
All the control and operating settings must be on the exact standard point.
- Finishing steps
Check out if there is an area on your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller that has scraped paint.
If so, then paint it again and check the connections of wires.
Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Installation
What Are the Safety Precautions For Using a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
Since your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is a machinery system, you must take all the necessary precautions required to operate it properly.
Keep the following given safety precautions in your mind while dealing with your device.
- Temperature regulation
Temperature regulation and control is the very basic step. Thus, keep a close eye on the temperature thermostat.
The temperature sensors and detectors must be analyzed properly and regularly. Careful analysis of module application sensors is important along with IPM temperature detectors.
- The pressure of the refrigerant
The pressure of the refrigerant must be within its given range. To ensure it, you must check and monitor the sensor regularly.
- Water Flow
Take extra precautionary steps while checking the flow of water and ensure that the flow is not facing hindrance of any sort.
- Current flow
Since your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is a device that needs electricity, you must act very carefully around it. Keep your distance while operating on it.
Make sure to wear rubber shoes before placing a hand on them.
You must ensure that your system has a provision of proper and standard voltage, voltage sensors, and protection systems.
Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Temp Adjustment
What Are the Maintenance Tips you Must Follow While Using a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
To have proper maintenance of your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller, you need to follow the tips that are given below:
- Keep a daily record
The power must be saved at any cost when dealing with the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller.
You should record the operating state, for example, the temperature, the rate of flow, and the pressure.
However, the current technology provides you with enough easy techniques so that you can maintain a daily record.
In this way, you will have minimum maintenance problems as compared to the past.
- Condition Your Water
Since your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller needs water as a basic component to work, you always have to worry about corrosion and rust.
You must condition and properly treat your water before it goes to the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller. This will help to minimize the chances of corrosion and the growth of unwanted bacterial species.
If not treated properly, the issues mentioned above can result in the improper functioning of the system. It is because the tubes get contaminated and dirt build-ups.
Thus, it becomes an essential step to monitor the water hoses on time.
- Cleanliness of Heat Transfer Tubes
The heat transfer pipes must be clean all the time. It is important as it plays a vital role in the proper functioning of your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller.
If, by any chance, the device becomes contaminated with dirt, bacteria, or algae, then, the inside of the pipes would be clogged and insulation might occur.
Thus, if you fail to keep an eye on the tubes, then it would work against your system and it would be a burden on your budget.
It is because it would increase the working and maintenance expenses.
- Maintaining the Refrigerant Charge
The capability of your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller to cool and work properly depends mainly on the quantity of your refrigerant.
To make sure that your device is working properly, you must know the standard level of the refrigerant.
If your system has gained access to some unwanted humidity, moisture, or airflow, then the function of the equipment will be compromised.
If the refrigerant is below the standard amount, then it is going to charge you with more electricity to work properly.
- Provide Cooler Water
Try to provide your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller with cool and chilled water. It is done so that the system works efficiently.
In this way, the system will not exert itself in water condensation and its energy will be utilized in the provision of better results.
- Clear Out the Non-Condensables
The basic cooling principle on which the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller work is the condensation of the given refrigerant.
The non-condensable elements might be produced within the system if any moisture gets entry into the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller. Thus, affecting the efficiency.
- Proper Rate of Flow
The performance of your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is directly affected by the flow rate of the
The efficiency decreases if the rate is too slow. If it is too fast, then issues like unwanted noises and vibrations would arise.
The best flow rate would be to keep it between the range of three and twelve feet per second.
- Check the Oil In Compressor
If your machine compressor is using oil, then you are supposed to send a small specimen of oil to a trusted laboratory. It must be done at least once per year.
As the refrigerant system is very tightly sealed off, you should abstain from changing the oil too frequently and it must only be done if the laboratory considers it a must.
If you are supposed to change the oil of your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller then take this opportunity to change the filters as well.
If the system of yours is based on a magnetic bearing system and is also friction-free then your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller will not contain any compressor oil.
- Inspect Motors Starters
The basic motor and starters must also be under inspection regularly. To do so, you must monitor the tuning and adjustment of the sensors
Thoroughly check and inspect all the wires and their connections. Examine your motors to find any insulation-related issues.
Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Refrigerant Charging
How to Increase the Working Efficiency Of your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
If the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is working and running a load of about 70-75 percent, then the efficiency is at its maximum level.
1) Variable Frequency Drives
If you want to decrease the operating expenses and boost up the efficiency level, then invest in installing a Variable Frequency Drive.
This VFD will help in reduced fluctuations of the compressor thus preventing the recurrent starting and stopping of the compressor.
It helps the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller system to work more efficiently.
2) Draining your Refrigerant Oil and Changing the Filters
It is very important to drain out the refrigerant oil when needed. If it is not done on time, then it could be hazardous.
If the oil is not drained, when it must be, then the transfer of heat is improper and temperature is also affected and the system is forced to overwork to provide maximum efficiency.
However, to perform this whole process safely and efficiently, some professionals must be hired. The best way to drain out the oil is from the oil pot.
It must never be drained out from the system directly.
3) Energy Audit
To improve and maximize the efficiency level, you must look into the energy audit of the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller.
This will help you in providing some ultimate suggestions and thus aid in lowering the use of energy.
The audit also compares the level of energy of your system to some honed and perfect system.
4) Maintenance Tasks
You should maintain your system regularly so that it works efficiently. Some of them must be done regularly while others can be done per annum.
Annual Maintenance Tasks
- Testing the safety controls.
- Examine the pressure valves to find if there is any build-up.
- Inspect vent lines. Make sure they are clean.
- Checking the electrical connections.
- Inspect the calibration of the pressure scales.
5) Rebuilding the Compressor
The compressor is a very vital component of the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller.
Although, the compressors are supposed to work without any break, however, if they are used for a very prolonged time duration then they can get worn out.
This can cause problems of all types. To increase the life span of your compressor, you must keep doing the regular maintenance of your device.
If the compressor is having some unwanted problems, and its machinery deteriorates, then you need to replace it.
How to Troubleshoot your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
Some common problems about Your Packaged Air Cooled Chiller along with their causes and solutions are given below:
The Packaged Air Cooled Chiller would not power up if there is :
- Loose connection
- Phase connection is incorrect
- Damaged circuit breaker
- The Power switch is turned “off”
Insufficient Fluid Flow
- Not enough fluid is in the storage tank.
- Partially opened valves.
- Coolant fluid is not suited to temperature needs.
- The fluid filter is blocked.
- Failure of a pump.
- The air filter is blocked.
- Heat transfer characteristics of the fluid have been damaged.
- Refrigerant leaks out.
- The evaporator is iced up
Some other Issues that you can Troubleshoot are:
- First of all, find out the root problem
- Make sure that the switch is on. Sometimes the switch might be off without you knowing
- Find out whether the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is cooling properly
- So you must examine the temperature of the refrigerant at the exit of the chiller.
- If the temperature is not in the standard position, it might be due to excess chilling of the evaporator.
- Make sure that your pump is working properly. If the valve is left open or if the pump is non-functional then the rate of flow of the coolant is affected.
- Check out the weather and environment-related factors. The Packaged Air Cooled Chiller might be overloaded with the setting temperature.
- If the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is suddenly moved to some area that is not very friendly to it, then its cooling capability is affected.
- If there is any variation in the voltage then it might also affect the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller working.
Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Troubleshooting
FAQ of Packaged Air Cooled Chiller
What are the basic steps of the cycle of a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
The basic steps of Packaged Air Cooled Chiller Cycle are Evaporation, Compression, Condensation, and Expansion.
What is the role of an economizer in a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
An economizer is used to provide extra cooling for the compressor by using a portion of the refrigerant flow from the condenser.
Where should a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller be placed?
A Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is placed outdoors for example, in the parking lots or on the roof.
If it is placed indoors, make sure to have sufficient airflow.
How many types of Packaged Air Cooled Chiller are there?
There are two types, Stationary Air Cooled Chiller, and Portable Air Cooled Chiller.
What is the capacity range of a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
The Packaged Air Cooled Chiller line has a capacity range from ½ ton cooling capacity up to 60-ton cooling capacity.
What is the expected life of a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
The expected life of a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is 1-20 years if proper maintenance is observed annually.
Which refrigerant is used in a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
A Packaged Air Cooled Chiller uses R-410A, R-404A, R-407C, and R-134a commonly.
What is the appropriate temperature for a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
The appropriate temperature for a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is 95 degrees Fahrenheit or 35 degrees Celsius because it is specially designed for high ambient conditions.
Temperature below the given value is also suitable for efficient working.
Does a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller need any factory test?
Yes, it is necessary to run an essential factory test for a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller so that its performance can be assessed.
Does a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller get overheated?
Yes, if the heat load is greater than the capacity of the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller, it might heat up and decrease its performance.
Does a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller need a Cooling Tower?
No, the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller does not need a cooling tower and that is a reason it is preferred over a water-cooled chiller.
What is the role of a purge unit in a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
A purge unit is necessary to remove any contaminants from the refrigerant, thus enhancing the efficiency of a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller.
What is meant by free Cooling in a Packaged Air Cooled Chiller?
As the Packaged Air Cooled Chiller is economical and utilizes less energy and fuel, it is said to provide free cooling that does not take up much expense.
100% Quality Tested Packaged Air Cooled Chiller