Whatever Type of Mold Temperature Controller,
TopChiller Can Fulfill the Mold Temperature Controller for You.
- Mold temperature controller capacity up to 198KW: TopChiller have various mold temperature controller models from 6KW to 198KW heating capacity for your choice
- Heating temperature to 350℃: The Max. heating temperature of both oil temperature controller and water temperature controller can up to 350℃
- Stainless steel tube heater: All the heaters of the mold temperature controller are durable and high-quality stainless steel material
- For both water and oil heating usage: Mold temperature controller from TopChiller can be used for heating both water and oil processing
- Micro-computer temperature controller: Each TopChiller brand mold temperature controller unit has a smart digital temperature controller
- Full protection devices with compact design: Each mold temperature controller unit with compact design and full protection devices
Mold Temperature Controller: Your Premier Manufacturer
Of Mold Temperature Controller
A mold temperature controller, also abbreviated as MTC or TCU(temperature controller unit) plays the most important role during processing for heating or both heating and cooling purpose.
TopChiller is your reliable high-quality mold temperature controller manufacturer and supplier in China.
There are two kinds of mold temperature controllers including water operating temperature controllers and oil operating temperature controllers.
Both mold temperature controllers can reduce machine unit costs for injection molding. It substantially determines the quality of the features of components. This mold temperature unit guarantees the correct reproduction of the surface to ensure uniform shrinkage behavior.
TopChiller is not only a leader in industrial cooling machine supplier but also devolve into temperature controller units.
As a professional mold temperature controller manufacturer, TopChiller has a complete line of mold temperature controllers with a heating capacity ranging from 6KW to 198KW and heating temperatures up to 350℃.
Our major products include water temperature controllers, oil temperature controllers, high-temperature water temperature controllers, thermal conductive oil temperature controllers, temperature controller units.
High-quality mold temperature controller supplied by TopChiller features some advantages as below:
● operating temperature 40 ℃ – 180 ℃, accurate ± 1 ℃;
● microcomputer touch control is easy to operate;
● start-up and exhaust automatically;
● display of outlet and return water temperature;
● die return function (optional);
● stainless steel pipeline to reduce pipe shade and rust scale;
● fault display, maintenance without professionals.
● The electric heating cylinder shall be made of stainless steel;
●Two sets of electric heating pipes can be used separately or jointly; 30% power saving
● fast heating and cooling time, stable temperature;
● perfect safety protection and fault indication system;
These mold temperature controller units are specially designed for die casting, a temperature control unit for an injection molding machine, a fast heat-cool mold temperature controller unit, a high gloss steam mold temperature controller unit, and a gas or fuel organic heat carrier furnace.
Mold temperature controllers are widely used in various industrial applications including the Petrochemical reactor industry, flat mold industry, composite material industry, plastic rubber industry, die-casting industry, food industry, wood industry, and so on.
The mold temperature machine plays a role of temperature control in the production process,
You will benefit a lot by using the mold temperature controller:
1. Improve work efficiency and save costs. The operation of the mold temperature controller is automatic, so automation can be realized in many operations to provide convenience and improve production efficiency.
2. Improve the appearance of the product, the mold temperature controller will realize temperature control can make the appearance of the product more accurate, but also more beautiful.
3. Reduce the rate of defective products. We all know that the temperature control of many products is particularly important. Many defective products are caused by improper temperature control. The mold temperature controller can measure and control the temperature, better let us accurately grasp the temperature, and reduce the defective products.
4. Save energy and resources. The continuous recycling of the mold temperature controller can help us save energy, protect the environment, and save your costs.
If you are looking for a high-quality mold temperature controller unit manufacturer?
If you are searching for a reliable temperature controller unit supplier?
please come toTopChiller sales for the best price quotation.
We are confident you will be satisfied with our mold temperature controller solutions.
TopChiller: Your Leading Mold Temperature Controller Manufacturer and Supplier
TopChiller has a complete line of mold temperature controllers including water type temperature controllers and oil type temperature controllers.
All mold temperature controller units manufactured by TopChiller, playing very important parts in modern industries.
Mold temperature controller units are widely used in a variety of industrial applications such as plastic injection, blow bottle and extrusion, die-casting and die casting, press machine laminated board, composite materials, and carbon fiber compose, reaction kettle chemical industry, pharmaceutical, industrial drying oven, roller film industry package printing, building industry mixing station.
Mold temperature controller units designed by TopChiller provide constant temperature with accurate temperature for the process, the temperature controlling stability can be ± 1℃.
Mold temperature controller unit designed and manufactured by TopChiller feature: high efficiency in heating up faster, harmless to your mold, and more economical when it comes to operation and maintenance.
Each MTC unit controls the mold temperature to give perfect moldings with every shot automatically, by-pass pressure release loop for hot water with a customizable multi-point temperature control unit.
All temperature controlling units from TopChiller also features full protection devices such as oil/water shortage alarm, overheat protector, motor reverse protector, motor overload protector, auto-exhaust.
There are also some optional protection devices such as rs485 communication function for automated management, explosion-proof type, instant cooling return oil shut-down function, and a microcomputer for PLC control.
Mold Temperature Controller Unit: The Complete Buying Guide from TopChiller
You will get all knowledge of the mold temperature controller from the below information, I just hope this will be helpful for you in selecting the right temperature controlling machine for your industries.
- The working principle of the mold temperature controller unit
- Types of mold temperature controller
- What’s the difference between oil type temperature controllers and water type temperature controllers?
- Applications of mold temperature controllers
- The function of the mold temperature controller for the injection molding machine
- Application of nylon 66 and glass fiber injection molded parts
- Injection molding
- Zinc, aluminum, magnesium alloy die casting
- The wheel temperature control
- Advantages and disadvantages of the mold temperature controller:
- Some tips for choosing the right mold temperature controller
- Water mold temperature controller
- Oil mold temperature controller
- Mold temperature controller maintenance
- Features of the Mold temperature controller from TopChiller
- How Can TopChiller Help Your Business Today?
The working principle of the mold temperature controller unit
The mold temperature control unit is industrial water or oil heating device., which can also be called a mold temperature machine and temperature controller unit.
It’s short for MTC(mold temperature controller)and TCU(temperature controller unit).
The mold temperature controller is composed of a water tank or oil tank, a heating device and cooling system, a power transmission system, a liquid level control system, a temperature sensor, an injection port.
Typically, the pump from the mold temperature controller in the power transmission system causes the hot fluid to reach the mold from the tank with the built-in heater and cooler, and then return from the mold to the tank.
The temperature sensor measures the temperature of the hot fluid and transmits the data to the control section. Controller; the controller regulates the temperature of the hot fluid to indirectly adjust the temperature of the mold.
If the temperature of the mold exceeds the set value of the controller during production, the controller opens the solenoid valve to open the inlet pipe until the temperature of the hot liquid, that is, the temperature of the mold returns to the set value.
If the mold temperature is lower than the set value, the controller turns on the heater.
Types of mold temperature controller
There are many types of mold temperature controllers, mainly are water-type and oil-operated mold temperature controllers.
The characteristics of the water type mold temperature controller:
- 1. the maximum use temperature of 40 ° C -120 ° C, accurate ± 1 ° C;
- 2. Microcomputer touch control operation is simple;
- 3, boot automatic exhaust;
- 4. Water and return water temperature display;
- 5. pipeline explosion-proof device;
- 6. mold return water function (optional);
- 7. OMRON, FUJI, temperature control parts;
- 8. stainless steel pipe, reduce pipe yin and rust;
- 9. fault display, maintenance without professional staff.
Oil-operate mold temperature controller features:
- 1. The temperature controller adopts Japanese and Italian (P.I.D.) touch mode for internal storage, automatic calculation, accurate and reliable control within ±2 °C, saving more than 35%;
- 2. Two sets of electric heating tubes can be used alone or together;
- 3. heating and cooling time is fast, the temperature is stable;
- 4. The electric heating cylinder is made of stainless steel material;
- 5. The safety protection and fault indication system is perfect;
- 6. Imported advanced components, long service life;
- 7. Perfect process system design, easy operation, and maintenance.
Temperature controllers can also be divided into the below types based on the application industries and temperature controlling ways:
high temperature-double temperature mold temperature controller, rubber/plastic mold temperature controller, die-casting mold temperature controller, high-light mold temperature controller.
Steam mold temperature controller, extrusion Mold temperature controller, double-circuit mold temperature controller, calendering mold temperature controller, rubber mold temperature controller, dense mold temperature controller, tire mold temperature controller.
High-temperature mold temperature controller, water heater, oil heater, heating equipment instead of boiler, oil circulation temperature control machine, die-casting mold temperature controller, flower roll special mold temperature controller, rolling special oil heater reaction kettle oil heater, Mixer oil heater, vulcanization molding mold temperature controller, wind power blade mold temperature controller, printing roller mold temperature controller, textile printing and dyeing mold temperature controller, hot press molding mold temperature controller
What’s the difference between oil type temperature controllers and water type temperature controllers?
The biggest difference between the water temperature controller and the oil temperature controller is that the water temperature controller is a water operated type but the oil temperature controller is an oil operated type.
What is a water temperature controller?
As the name implies, the water temperature controller is a mold temperature machine that uses heat transfer water as a heat transfer medium.
It is also called a water transport type mold temperature machine, a water circulation temperature control machine, a water heater, and a heat transfer water heater.
Features of ultra-high temperature water temperature machine (180 °C):
1. Computer touch control, easy to understand;
2. Microcomputer dual group P.I.D temperature control table, touch internal storage, automatic calculation;
3. The safety protection and fault indication system is perfect;
4, the component has a long service life;
5, the temperature rise and fall is fast, the temperature is accurate and stable;
6, suitable for different temperature control places, energy-saving effect is obvious;
7. The stainless steel is integrally formed, the tube loss is small, and the cooked is even;
8, boot automatic exhaust function.
At normal atmospheric pressure, the boiling point of water is 100 °C. Therefore, the control temperature of the water temperature machine can only be less than or equal to 100 ° C without being pressurized.
In the practical application, the high-temperature water temperature controller can increase the temperature control temperature of the water temperature machine to 180 °C by increasing the pipeline pressure, thereby expanding the application range of the water temperature machine.
What is an oil temperature controller?
As the name implies, the oil temperature controller is a mold temperature machine that uses heat transfer oil as a heat transfer medium.
The oil temperature controller unit itself has a storage tank.
When working, the heat transfer oil enters the system from the oil storage tank and is driven into the mold or other equipment that needs temperature control through the circulation pump.
After the heat transfer oil comes out from the temperature control equipment, it returns to the system repeatedly.
The heat transfer oil is heated by the heater, and when the temperature of the medium detected by the temperature probe reaches the set value, the heater stops working.
When the temperature is lower than the set value, the heater starts to work, and when the temperature reaches the set value, it stops working. This cycle.
Ultra-high temperature oil temperature machine (350 ° C) product features:
1. Computer touch control, easy to understand;
2. Microcomputer dual group P.I.D temperature control table, touch internal storage, automatic calculation;
3. Safety protection and fault indication system;
4, the component has a long service life;
5, the temperature rise and fall is fast, the temperature is accurate and stable;
6, unique power heating design, suitable for different temperature control places, energy-saving effect is obvious;
7. The stainless steel is integrally formed, the tube is donated small, and the cooked is even;
8, boot automatic exhaust function;
9. Mold return oil temperature detection table.
Applications of mold temperature controllers
With the development of the mold temperature machine technology, the mold temperature controller has been applied in many fields:
- Petroleum and chemical industries: polymerization, condensation, distillation, melting, dehydration, forced the insulation
- Oil industry: fatty acid distillation, oil decomposition, concentration, esterification, vacuum deodorization
- Synthetic fiber industry: polymerization, melting, spinning, stretching, drying
- Textile printing and dyeing work: heat setting, drying, heat capacity dyeing
- Non-woven industry: non-woven fabric
- Feed industry: drying
- Plastics and rubber industry: hot pressing, calendaring, extrusion, vulcanization molding
- Paper industry: drying, corrugated paper processing
- Timber industry: plywood, fiberboard compression molding, wood drying
- Building materials work: gypsum board drying, asphalt heating, concrete component maintenance
- Machinery industry: painting, printing, and drying
- Food industry: baking, heating
- Air conditioning industry: industrial plant and civil building heating
- Road construction industry: asphalt melting, insulation
- Pharmaceutical industry: drying
- Light industry: production of ink, washing powder
The function of the mold temperature controller for the injection molding machine
The purpose of controlling the mold temperature and the influence of the mold temperature on the injection molded part In the injection molding process.
The main purpose of controlling the mold temperature is to heat the mold to the working temperature, and the second is to keep the mold temperature constant at the working temperature.
If the above two points are successful, the cycle time can be optimized to ensure the high quality of the injection molded parts.
Mold temperature affects surface quality, fluidity, shrinkage, injection cycle, and deformation.
Excessive or insufficient mold temperature can have different effects on different materials. For thermoplastics, higher mold temperatures generally improve the surface quality and flow.
But extend the cooling time and injection cycle times. A lower mold temperature will reduce the shrinkage in the mold but will increase the shrinkage of the molded part after demolding.
For thermoset plastics, a higher mold temperature typically reduces cycle time, and the time is determined by the time required to cool the part.
In addition, in the processing of plastics, a higher mold temperature will also reduce the plasticizing time and reduce the number of cycles.
The thermal balance of the injection mold controls the heat transfer of the injection molding machine and the mold is the key to the production of injection molded parts.
Inside the mold, heat from plastics (such as thermoplastics) is transferred to the steel of the material and the mold by heat radiation and is transferred to the heat transfer fluid by convection.
In addition, heat is transferred to the atmosphere and the formwork by thermal radiation. The heat absorbed by the heat transfer fluid is carried away by the mold temperature machine.
The heat balance of the mold can be described as P = Pm – Ps. Where P is the heat taken away by the mold temperature machine; Pm is the heat introduced by the plastic; Ps is the heat that the mold emits to the atmosphere.
The pre-condition temperature control system for effectively controlling the mold temperature is composed of a mold, a mold temperature machine, and a heat transfer fluid.
To ensure that heat can be added to the mold or removed, the various parts of the system must meet the following conditions:
The first thing is inside the mold, the surface area of the cooling passage must be large enough, and the diameter of the flow path should match the pump capacity (pump pressure)
The temperature distribution in the cavity has a large influence on the deformation and internal pressure of the part.
Properly setting the cooling channel reduces the internal pressure and improves the quality of the molded part. It also reduces cycle times and reduces production costs.
Secondly, the mold temperature machine must be able to keep the temperature of the heat transfer fluid constant within the range of 1 ° C – 3 ° C, depending on the quality requirements of the injection molded parts.
The third is that the heat transfer fluid must have good thermal conductivity and, most importantly, it must be able to introduce or derive a large amount of heat in a short period.
From a thermodynamic point of view, water is significantly better than oil.
Application of nylon 66 and glass fiber injection molded parts
Nylon 66 is widely used in the electromechanical industry due to its superior mechanical properties, heat resistance, wear resistance, self-lubrication, low-temperature resistance, and flame retardancy.
To improve the mechanical properties of nylon 66, glass fiber is one of the same. Glass fiber is enhanced and toughened by various high-performance engineering plastics because of its high-cost performance.
Nylon 66/GF30 is a product of nylon 66 and 30% (mass fraction) glass fiber blending, extrusion, cooling, and granulation. It is mainly used for products with performance requirements such as strength, toughness, and flame retardancy.
It is also the appearance part of the product and requires high surface smoothness. However, in actual production, the material is dried, and the temperature of the injection plastic is 265-270 °C.
The fiber of the product is all floating on the surface, which is rough and loose. The user needs to manage surface treatment and use it. The effect is not good.
After nylon 66 is added to the glass fiber, the length, dispersion, content, coupling agent, lubricant, and additives of the glass fiber will interact with the substrate, and the process conditions will affect the surface quality of the plastic part.
When the blending temperature is too low, the combination of the glass fiber and the matrix has deteriorated, and the coating effect is not good.
If the temperature is too high, the degradation of the nylon 66 affects the performance of the product, which is the cause of the glass fiber floating.
After many tests, the mold temperature is controlled by a mold temperature of 80 to 100 ° C, sometimes 110 ° C, while the moving mold is connected to the cooling water to maintain the temperature of 30 to 40 ° C.
The pressure and speed have been adjusted accordingly. The cooling time is extended by 6 to 10 s. The surface of the plastic parts is more nylon 66 resin. The corresponding fibers are less or go inside the cover. The surface quality of the plastic parts is good.
Higher temperatures improve the fluidity of the resin, which generally results in a smooth, shiny surface, especially for the surface aesthetics of glass-reinforced resin parts.
It also improves the strength and appearance of the weld line. Similar materials containing glass fiber can also improve the quality of the plastic parts by mold temperature.
The mold temperature machine controls the temperature in the reactor industry: the circulating pump converts the electric energy into mechanical energy to promote the liquid phase circulation of the heat transfer oil and transfers the heat to the reaction kettle.
The heat transfer oil exchanges heat with the materials in the reaction kettle and then returns to the reactor. The inside of the oil heater is again heated to the next cycle under the pressure of the pump.
After repeated cycles, heat transfer, and delivery, heating, cooling, or maintaining the temperature of the reactor to meet the temperature requirements of the production process.
Temperature control of mold temperature in the die casting industry: The most ideal heating method for temperature control of die casting mold is heat transfer oil heating.
The heat transfer oil flows continuously in the pipe in the mold for heat exchange, and the mold is uniformly heated to the use temperature.
Another advantage of using heat transfer oil is that the temperature control accuracy is high.
Since the die-casting mold temperature machine itself has a cooling system, the heat transfer oil temperature can be accurately controlled within the set range.
This allows the temperature of the mold to be controlled within a very small margin of error, even in the event of production interruption.
The role of the mold temperature controller in each industrial process:
Why do you need a mold temperature controller for injection molding and other industrial processes?
Injection molding machine
In the injection molding industry, due to the low-temperature use, the water mold temperature controller is generally used.
Water is used as the medium, pollution-free, environmentally friendly, and the mold temperature machine is used to reduce the waste rate by 100%, increase productivity by 50%, reduce the injection pressure and reduce the clamping mode.
Force, speed up the production cycle, reduce product deformation, improve shrinkage, improve pressure marks, improve light and dark surface, flexibility, no need for special operations.
When the plastic is injection molded, the melting temperature of the plastic in the material tube varies from one hundred degrees to more than three hundred degrees depending on the melting point of each plastic.
The mold should have an appropriate temperature (refer to the data in the table). The mold temperature control generally uses the mold temperature machine, the hot oil (water) runs in the cooling flow channel of the mold, and the mold temperature (cavity temperature) is controlled by the heat transfer.
Generally, the temperature of the injection molding cavity is 100 ° C, and the water temperature controller will control the set temperature of the water temperature machine is about 105-110 ° C, but if the oil temperature machine is used, the set temperature of the oil temperature may reach 130-150 ° C.
There is such a difference that the heat transfer coefficient of water is higher than that of oil. Double, so the heat transfer speed is fast and the temperature difference is small. Different molds may vary depending on the runner design.
The main key points are:
(1) Total heat transfer area of the runner in the mold
(2) distance between the flow path and the cavity
Traditionally, there is also a heater for heating the mold on the mold.
Compared with the mold temperature controller, the temperature of the mold controlled by the mold temperature controller is stable, because the mold temperature controller provides a medium with a fixed temperature and continuously runs into the mold flow path.
The mold heated by the heater will be unstable, because the temperature of the heater may reach 300 ° C when heating, and the heat is not zero when it is not heated, so the precision and advanced products must use the mold temperature controller.
Advantages of using a mold temperature controller in the injection molding machine:
1, improve the molding efficiency of the product;
2, reduce the production of defective products;
3, improve the appearance of the product, inhibit product defects;
4. Speed up production, reduce energy consumption and save energy;
5, improve the life of the mold.
Zinc, aluminum, magnesium alloy die casting
Mold temperature controllers are also widely used in die casting machines.
For aluminum die casting, the aluminum alloy has a point of more than 700, and the mold temperature is generally controlled at 200-300 ° C.
When the mold is not warmed when the machine is turned off, the mold is too cold, the melt is solidified at the inlet, and the melt does not enter the mold, even if it runs in.
Because the cooling rate is too fast, it is easy to cause products such as shrinkage, cracking, surface oxidation, bending, and dimensional deformation.
When the mold is opened, the mold opening force is very large. (Because the product shrinks and encloses the mold), the mold life is reduced by 1/3, and the metal die-casting molds are all high unit price, so the general precision die-casting such as automobile parts, computer parts, or mobile phones For the outer casing, etc., the temperature should be controlled by the oil temperature controller.
The shape of the die-casting mold is complicated, the temperature distribution of the mold is not uniform, and the castings are also uneven in thickness; leading to various quality problems, to ensure the quality of the casting, it is necessary to subdivide the thermal field of the mold and control the temperature separately.
To plan mold temperature control, you need to understand the casting requirements (surface finish, airtightness, strength requirements, etc.).
The producer should control the mold temperature range and reduce the temperature distribution difference.
The thick wall position of the casting and the hot part of the mold is easy to produce. Shrinkage, if the shrinkage hole is produced at a critical position and wants to be close to the machining position, it may cause appearance problems or leakage of the casting; the solution is to enhance cooling.
On the contrary, during the cooling process of the casting in the cavity, the thin-walled position will first solidify, resulting in cold lines, or blocking the way of metal liquid feeding during pressurization. For example, if the gate is too early solidified, the shrinkage of the casting will increase.
There is therefore a need to reduce cooling and even heat in thin-walled locations, and where the process is far away.
The solidification speed also influences the quality of the casting. The high cooling rate helps to form the grain structure and improve the compactness of the casting.
The mode temperature controlling method is different, and the double temperature mold temperature machine is selected.
The wheel temperature controlling
Plastic extrusion molding, such as extrusion of the plastic flat plate, plastic from the mold out of the temperature of 230 ° C (ABS) and through three rollers, cooling, size, and the three rollers each temperature is different, you must control the temperature, and The oil temperature controlling machine also has a water temperature controller.
Another example is a plastic film on a stainless steel plate, or a plastic printer, such as a printed poster. The stainless steel plate passes through the roller, and the PE film is transmitted from the other roller.
Both of them are attached by the temperature roller, so the temperature control of the roller is also performed by the mold temperature controller.
Besides the above applications, mold temperature controllers are also used in: Plastic Injection molding, light guide plates, connectors, DVDs, magnesium-aluminum alloy die-casting, chemical, printing and dyeing, magnesium alloy die casting, carbon fiber molding cold forming, chemical reactor, rubber extrusion calendering vulcanization molding, shoe material, wind power blade, printing roller, textile, printing and dyeing drying, hot pressing wheel heating, reactors, tires, extrusion, extrusion die, and other industries have been widely used.
Advantages and disadvantages of the mold temperature controller:
There is no doubt that the comprehensive economy and technology are considered in many aspects, and we can find a mold temperature controller that matches your needs in the market.
But how to choose a suitable temperature controlling machine from a variety of brands and multiple series is not an easy task.
In addition to considering the cost, we must understand:
the timeliness of product supply, the quality of after-sales service, whether the machine can be expanded, and so on.
The most important thing for you is to obtain the technical parameters of the mold temperature machine that suits your needs, to measure the availability to you.
Some tips for selecting the correct mold temperature controller
The thermal medium as the first standard
First, decide to use heat transfer oil or water. In the allowable temperature control range, based on the good thermal conductivity of water, water is preferred.
Water mold temperature controller
When the temperature requirement of the mold does not exceed 95 °C, the working model of the mold temperature machine is non-closed;
when it is higher than 95 °C, the closed working mode must be selected to ensure a certain pressure inside the system to avoid evaporation of the heat transfer medium.
When the mold is at a high temperature, such as thermoplastic material in the injection molding process, accurate and rapid heat transfer is necessary.
This is a worrying product for products with high precision requirements.
Based on the limited internal space of the hot runner of the general model, the hot water mold temperature machine is more suitable than the oil mold temperature machine.
When the temperature reaches 200 ° C and the pressure is 16 Bar, the superiority of the water mold temperature machine is more prominent.
The temperature control range of the water mold temperature machine is 5 °C ~ 200 °C.
Oil mold temperature controller
The temperature control range of the oiled mold temperature machine is 45 ° C ~ 350 ° C.
The temperature of the non-closed oil mold temperature controller can be up to 200 degrees. Considering that some heat transfer media will undergo pyrolysis at 200 °C.
Therefore, the pyrolysis reaction humidity of the heat transfer medium selected by the series of mold temperature machines is higher than 200 ° C, so that the pyrolysis reaction will cause the decomposed carbon to be attached to the surface of the heat medium, thus reducing the thermal conductivity of the medium, and finally the mold The humidity is not well controlled.
Based on the pyrolysis reaction of oil at high temperatures, safety measures should be taken to avoid the pyrolysis reaction when the oil temperature is higher than 200 °C.
If necessary, check the flow rate of the heat transfer medium. If the flow rate is too low, the system should have an automatic shutdown function.
In addition, the oxidation of the heat transfer medium should be avoided. Oxidation increases the viscosity of the medium and reduces the thermal conductivity of the medium, which also affects the temperature control of the mold.
Therefore, when pouring oil into the fuel tank, the oil should be poured slowly and the medium temperature should be set at about 100 °C.
When choosing a machine, you also need to pay attention to the cooling method of the heat transfer medium. The cooling method is divided into direct and indirect.
The indirect cooling method uses a cooling circuit separate from the main circuit. The heat transfer medium used in this cooling method is generally oil type.
The heat of the cooling medium is absorbed by the heat medium and directly enters the exchange valve. The indirect cooling method is only used on the oil mold temperature machine.
Because the cooling capacity of this kind of cooling method is not strong, the cooling water must be cleaned when using this cooling method, to prevent the impurities from clogging the pipeline and affecting the temperature control performance of the machine.
Advantages of direct cooling:
Disadvantages of indirect cooling: heat is lost in the heat exchanger. Therefore, when the actual temperature of the medium deviates significantly from the set value, we use a direct cooling method with a large cooling capacity.
When direct cooling is used, the cooling water enters the circuit directly without the need for a heat exchanger.
By using this cooling method, the cooling capacity of the system can be greatly improved, and the heat transfer medium can be quickly cooled.
An electric valve or multi-segment solenoid valve control can be used to increase the control accuracy of the system.
The premise of using the direct cooling method is a closed circuit; the heat transfer medium needs to use clean water.
Single loop, dual loop, multi-loop control system, third selection standard
First, we need to distinguish between single-loop, dual-loop, and multi-loop control systems.
The single loop control system is compact and small in size. There are several series according to their temperature control range.
The two-loop control system is used when the temperature required for the mold and the fixed template is different.
The temperature of the two circuits is controlled according to the difference in temperature requirements of the two templates and the flow rate of the pump is adjusted.
At the same time, the power supply of the cooling water is connected to the main power supply in the same junction box, so that the size of the whole machine is reduced.
The multi-loop control system contains multiple separate circuits, each of which is used to control different temperatures required during the molding phase of the product.
Therefore, the mold temperature controlling system can achieve perfect results for controlling products with complicated structures, complicated molds, and special process technical products.
The above is a series of knowledge about the working principle, type, function, advantages, and disadvantages, and selection points of the mold temperature machine.
In one sentence, the working principle of the mold temperature machine is introduced: heating the heat transfer oil or water through the electric heating tube, and then passing the mold temperature.
An oil pump or water pump inside the mold controlling unit causes the medium to circulate between the mold temperature machine and the heated equipment (object).
As a leader in mold temperature controller unit manufacturing, TopChiller has been manufacturing a mold temperature controller for almost 20 years.
TopChiller is a professional mold temperature supplier with a good reputation in the market for the high quality and stable performance of our mold temperature controller unit.
Mold temperature controller maintenance
1. Purchase a new mold temperature controller, check the cooling water before use to prevent damage to the mold temperature due to insufficient cooling water.
We must keep the working environment of the mold temperature controller clean and avoid dust, which can greatly extend the service life of the electrical components of the mold temperature controller.
2. For the new mold temperature controller, we have to make different maintenance measures according to the heat transfer medium used.
For the medium is water, we must keep the water source clean, so it is not easy to scale, and it can prevent the pipeline from clogging.
For the medium is oil, we have to replace it regularly according to the temperature of use. For 200 °C or above, we have to replace it once a month or two, and below 200 °C, we can replace it once a quarter or so. Avoid the problem that the temperature cannot be added.
3. In terms of piping, we need to judge whether the pipeline is clogged according to the relationship between the pump and pressure.
If the pressure is too small, we can take out the heating pipe and clean it with tools, especially the filter mesh of the system inlet. The cover is best cleaned once a month.
4. Regularly check the mold temperature pump and oil pump for oil leakage. If necessary, the pump shaft seal can also be replaced regularly.
5. On the electrical components, we can replace them according to the service life of the components and test them regularly to ensure safety.
Features of the Mold temperature controller from TopChiller
Temperature controller units designed and manufactured by TopChiller have some features as below:
- Explosion-proof heating pipe device
- 304 metal forming an integrated pipe which can reduce pipe resistance and rust scale, improve the service life
- Microcomputer biped PID temperature control table, touch internal storage, automatic calculation
- Energy-saving more than 35%
- Automatic air-discharging function to improve the speed of the machine, saving time
- Fully safety protection devices with fault display
- Easy maintenance and operation
- Up to 18 months warranty time for all temperature controller units
How Can TopChiller Help Your Business Today?
Are you considering some temperature controller units or temperature controlling systems but need a budget price or ROI?
Do you need an onsite measure and quote for a custom mold temperature controller?
Or perhaps you are unsure of what size temperature controller is required for your business process?
These are just a few simple examples of questions the TopChiller team can assist you with. At TopChiller we revel in small projects and excel in large.
If you are looking for a good quality mold temperature controller or temperature controlling unit supplier, you are coming to the right place.
Please contact the TopChiller engineering team to customize your mold temperature controller unit.
Mold Temperature Controller-The Ultimate FAQ Guide by TopChiller
If you are planning to start your career in the field of molding or trying to put your capital in the basket of the molding industry, then the first item you are probably going to hear about is the Mold Temperature Controller denoted as MTC.
It is a widely used mechanical equipment in the field of molding that is responsible for providing a suitable working temperature to the mold.
Similarly, if you have exposure to a mechanical field or visited power plants, then you must see a device used by welders and that is a Mold Temperature Controller.
In the manufacture of extrusions and blow molding, the role of the Mold Temperature Controller is critically important and inevitable.
Due to the extensive use in a variety of industries, the production of a Mold Temperature Controller is at the high end.
They are reliable, durable, and hold several features that distinguish them as a value-adding product.
If you are looking for a durable, accurately temperature-controlled, and reliable temperature controller for the molding industry, shop, or factory then a Mold Temperature Controller must be your priority.
In this guide, all the necessary information about the Mold Temperature Controller is present.
- What is a Mold Temperature Controller?
- What are the Features of Mold Temperature Controller?
- What are the Main Components of Mold Temperature Controller?
- What is the Working Principle of Mold Temperature Controller?
- What are the Applications of Mold Temperature Controller?
- What are the Advantages of the Mold Temperature Controller for your Application?
- How to Choose the Right Mold Temperature Controller for Your Application?
- What are Installation Guidelines for Mold Temperature Controller?
- How to Maintain your Mold Temperature Controller?
- How to Troubleshoot your Mold Temperature Controller?
- FAQ of Mold Temperature Controller
1. What is a Mold Temperature Controller?
MTC, which is the acronym for Mold Temperature Controller is a piece of equipment that controls the temperature of the mold that is attached to it.
First, the Mold Temperature Controller allows the mold for preheating. After it gets pre-heated, it changes the temperature according to the command it receives.
The beauty of the Mold Temperature Controller is that it does all the temperature adjustments quickly and in a specified time.
In other words, it is a mini device that is used for heating the mold or keeping the temperature of the coolant in the mold attached to it.
A mold may be like a pipe or a tube-like structure or hollowed-out block that is filled with water, oil, or other flexible and viscous material the material that enters into it adapts its shape.
A mold may be that of a plastic injection machine, blow molding machine, and plenty of molding machines in the market.
The liquid, oil, or other viscous material that runs in the mold is known as coolant. Coolant helps in the reduction or control of temperature. It also helps the coolant push in the mold.
Mold Temperature Controller commonly uses two types of coolant in essence: liquid and oil. Accordingly, they are divided into two major categories:
- Liquid Mold Temperature Controller.
- Oil Liquid Mold Controller.
The good thing associated with the Mold Temperature Controller is that it is of small size and could be easily moved from one place to another.
2. What are the Features of Mold Temperature Controller?
Mold Temperature Controller holds plenty of features due to its sensitive usage and criticality of the job done through it. Important features are appended below,
- Mold Temperature Controller has a Proportional, Integral, and Derivative (P.I.D) Temperature Controlling System in it. The accuracy of the PID system installed in the Mold Temperature Controller is ± 0.5 0C.
This accuracy stands that when temperature fluctuations are made then only a plus or minus 0.5 0C change in that selected temperature is observed.
- It has digitally designed controls that are easy to use. To learn the controls is an issue of a few minutes. The lifespan of the Mold Temperature Controller lasts longer.
- The mold Temperature Controller is secure to use, has its mechanism of troubleshooting and booting the system. An energy-efficient with a proper panel of power controls.
- The material uses in the manufacturing of the Mold Temperature Controller is above par.
In the main running pipe, pipes of three-four bore are used that are seamless and stainless.
The same quality of the pipes is used for the heater pipes with suitable bore sizes.
- Another outstanding feature of the Mold Temperature Controller is the self-gas-releasing when it starts up. Similarly, a self-cooling system when turns off.
- Similar to the above feature, it also has a self-pressure releasing system. This is to make sure the protection of the equipment.
- There is also a series of self-temperature controlling in it i-e, 2 in 1, 3 in 1, etc.
3. What are the Main Components of a Mold Temperature Controller?
Mold Temperature Controller consists of many parts including the following:
- Water Pump
A water pump is present at the bottom of the Mold Temperature Controller. Like other pumps, this high efficient water circulation pump pumps the water or oil towards the heater.
To make sure that only the coolant is passing, a filter is used to filter any impurity.
As Mold Temperature Controller receives cool water from the cooling tower that is connected to it, this is necessary to heat that water.
To serve this purpose, a heater of high voltage is fixed in it.
- Stainless Steel Heating Tubes
These tubes attach to the heater. Stainless steel heating tubes have many characters over other tubes due to which they are selected for heating purposes.
The one benefit associated with these tubes is their resistance against corrosion not only in water but also in some chemical solutions.
Similarly, these tubes are high-temperature resistant, have greater properties of heat transfer, do not foul the product they are heating, and the surface is such that is easy to clean.
In the same manner, these tubes are easy to fabricate, budget-friendly, and easily accessible.
- Heating Cylinder
The water warms up by the heater is contained in a cylinder and that is called a heating cylinder. The tubes of heaters are soaked inside the heating cylinder of the Mold Temperature Controller.
- Temperature Sensor
It senses the temperature of the heater. It tells if the temperature is high or low. It works as an indicator of the temperature of the heater.
- Overheat Protector
Overheat Protector indicated when the temperature reaches its highest level. This helps in making the temperature in check and for any increase of the temperature in the Mold Temperature Controller.
- Cooling Valve
Besides the heater is connected to a cooling valve. The name and its location near to heater indicate clearly that it works in controlling and maintaining the temperature of the heater.
In case of any increase in the required temperature, the valve opens up and water flows into it.
This way, enough heat is released from the heater, and the required temperature achieves.
- Cooling Cylinder
The water that the cooling valve receives from the heating cylinder enters the cooling cylinder. There, water is made to cool down.
In this way, the temperature of the water decreases, and ready to reenter the heating cylinder to maintain the required temperature.
- Pressure Gauge
Pressure Gauge displays the pressure values and the fluctuations taking place in the pressure.
- Pressure Relief Valve
In case of high pressure inside the cylinder, the pressure valve opens up and releases the pressure. In this way, the required temperature maintains in the cylinder.
- Electrical Cabinet
An electrical cabinet is also present in the Mold Temperature Controller. This electrical cabinet controls all the settings and parts of the electrical necessary for the functioning of the Mold Temperature Controller.
This also covers the supply of the Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) present for the display of the values of temperature and pressure.
4. What is the Working Principle of Mold Temperature Controller?
The requirement of temperature for molding of different materials is different. The processing temperature, as well as the cooling temperature for every material being molded, is different.
Similarly, the glass transition temperature is also different for the different quality of glass used in the process.
In the same manner, the cooling temperature and shrinking material are also different from material to material.
The temperature of the Mold Temperature Controller, therefore, becomes very important in this regard. Any fluctuation in the desired temperature can ruin the product.
The working principle behind the functioning of the Mold Temperature Controller is thermal expansion. It works as a heating device for the process of molding.
Water or oil that is working as a coolant is heated when it is pushed towards the heater by the pump present in the Mold Temperature Controller. The pump that is attached to the mold, pushes the coolant.
The heater heats the water or oil to the desired temperature.
When there is an increase in the desired temperature, the cooling valve opens up and hot water enters the cooling cylinder.
After getting a decrease in temperature, it re-enters the heating cylinder.
This way, the temperature of the mold remains as desired.
5. What are the Applications of Mold Temperature Controller?
Mainly, the Mold Temperature Controller applies for maintaining a constant temperature of the mold according to the material that is used during the molding process.
Precision in temperature-setting, compaction in design, and portable are some qualities that make it an extensively applicable instrument.
The applicability of the Mold Temperature Controller is inevitable. Few applications in the molding industry are as follows,
- Application of Mold Temperature Controller in Compression Molding Industry
In compression, as the name suggests, the raw material of plastic in liquid form is exposed to a hot mold. Then, it is compressed into the desired structure and shape.
To complete this process effectively, the high temperature is necessary that is provided by the Mold Temperature Controller
- Extrusion Molding Industry
In extrusion, molding a die is used to press a melted plastic material to convert it into a desirable shape. It is used to produce PVC pipes.
To melt the plastic at a desirable temperature, the Mold Temperature Controller is connected to it.
- Injection Molding Industry
In injection molding, as the name of the technique depicts, melted plastic is injected into a simple with high speed. It eventually gets the desired shape.
The melted plastic processes through a 3-zones-screw that looks like an injection pressing part. The material passes through coolant bores where it is cooled to become the desired shape.
- Blow Molding Industry
It is used for the production of plastic vessels having thin walls and hollow inside. It also uses the melted plastic which then exposes it to air and then gets pressed.
The application of this Mold Temperature Controller is also necessary for blow molding.
- Rotational Molding Industry
In this process, the hot coolant i-e, resins, or liquid-filled inside the mold and then rotated for even distribution.
This process uses it for the production of road cones, bins, etc.
6. What are the Advantages of the Mold Temperature Controller for your Application?
There are numerous advantages of the Mold Temperature Controller that make it overall useful equipment. Few advantages are given below,
- Simple Design of Mold Temperature Controller
One of the advantages of the Mold Temperature Controller is its simple design. Its design is very understandable because of its simplicity. Every component of the design is placed in a simple order.
- Compact Design of Mold Temperature Controller
Plenty of instruments are compacted in a very small place. So, it covers a very small area. It is one of the great advantages of any device to carry as low space as possible.
- Suitability for Every Field of Molding
Whether it is extrusion, rotational, plastic, or blow molding, a Mold Temperature Controller is used everywhere.
Due to its extensive use, the Mold Temperature Controller is mass-productive. In this way, it fits perfectly in all the molding fields.
- Precision in Temperature
The precision of the temperature is what makes the Mold Temperature Controller an advantageous device. The accuracy of temperature is ±0.5.
- Easy Fitting and Connection
Any nonprofessional can do the fitting and basic installation of the Mold Temperature Controller. This reduces the cost of labor for the installation and maintenance of the equipment.
- High Yield
It is very efficient in its working. It produces a large number of proposed items in a very low period. This makes the Mold Temperature Controller very suitable for every industrialist.
7. How to Choose the Right Mold Temperature Controller for your Application?
Now, it is about choosing the right Mold Temperature Controller for your application. There are different factors and types of molding that decide the suitability of the kind of temperature controller that you should pick from the market.
Here discussed below are a few factors to consider,
First, you need to declare that what kind of coolant is used in your application. Whether it is water
Single Mold Temperature Controller
If your application is such that it requires the same temperature for the punch side and the cavity side, then the best option for you is to purchase a Single Mold Temperature Controller.
Double Mold Temperature Controller
However, if your application is such that the punch side of the mold requires a different temperature than the cavity side, then the best option for you is to purchase a Double Mold Temperature Controller.
Mold Temperature Controller plus Chiller
If the requirement of your application is such that the punch side needs high temperature while the cavity side needs low temperature and vice versa.
Then the best option for you is that of Mold Temperature Controller along with a Chiller.
8. What are Installation Guidelines for Mold Temperature Controller?
Before installation, do not forget to disconnect the Mold Temperature Controller from power. Do the same during service or maintenance of the equipment.
Wearing Personal Protective Equipment’s (PPE’s) like glasses, face sheets, safety shoes, etc. is also recommended for safety purposes.
It is highly recommended that only one who has a great hand at installation or a professional technician should install it.
Because any loss in installation can compromise the progress of your Mold Temperature Controller.
Consider the Following things Before Installation:
- When you purchase a Temperature Controller, the first immediate step is to inspect it against its functionality as well as against any damage during the transportation of the equipment.
- Claim if there is any damage found in the supply of the Mold Temperature Controller.
- If there is a need of storing a Mold Temperature Controller for some time, then do not leave water or coolant in it to avoid corrosion.
The need for storage may arise because of selling purposes in the future or extra supply.
- Avoid putting it in a place having a temperature of more than 48 0C.
Now, do the Installation according to these guidelines,
- Make the connection of the water inlet and outlet with the water pipeline. Do the connections tightly because any leak in the pipes can compromise the functioning of your Mold Temperature Controller
- Connect the pipes of the Mold Temperature Controller with that of mold.
- Then, connect it with the supply of power.
- Now, open the water pipe valves.
- Turn on the main switch located on the screen.
- The red light of the Run / Stop button will start blinking.
- Just press the Run / Stop button for some time when you want to turn it off.
- The temperature will start getting decrease. Upon reaching the normal temperature, turn off the system by pressing the main switch.
9. How to Maintain your Mold Temperature Controller?
Like any other mechanical equipment, maintenance is one thing that cannot be ignored. It is necessary to take preventive measures for the sustainable functioning of the Mold Temperature Controller.
These preventive measures not only help in the smooth functioning of your Mold Temperature Controller but also increase its life span.
There are some necessary guidelines to maintain your Mold Temperature Controller.
There are different advantages of maintaining the mold temperature. Its proper maintenance helps in the reduction of downtime. It also reduces the cost of labor for its repair.
- Regularly clean your Mold Temperature Controller. Mechanical devices are necessary to be cleaned on daily basis.
This helps the Mold Temperature Controller away from the short circuits or any malfunctioning in it.
- Weekly use blower to clean.
- Weekly grease the parts of it.
- Check the difference between the set temperature and the actual processing temperature of the Mold Temperature Controller.
If there is a difference of -16.6 0C, then there is an issue in a heater or the cooling valve is open.
- Besides, check the pump if there is any leakage. In case of leakage, do a proper inspection and try to repair it or change it with a new one.
- Open the Electrical Cabinet and check the condition of the electrical equipment, wires, etc.
10. How to Troubleshoot your Mold Temperature Controller?
Different problems may arise during the installation during the functioning of the Mold Temperature Controller. However, troubleshooting it for the issue can help to resolve the issue.
- It is observed that sometimes Mold Temperature Controller could not get heated. There are different possible reasons behind it.
It might be due to the reason that the cooling valve remains open.
If it is open then immediately close it because it is the reason that the heater is not heating the coolant.
- The reverse of the situation may also arise in a way that it may not do proper cooling.
In this scenario, check to see if there is any problem with the functioning of the valve.
Also, check if there is sufficient water in the cooling tank. If there is not sufficient coolant then fill it to the suggested level.
- Sometimes, the heater stops working. The reason is that of lack of water or oil in it.
To fix it, fill the heater with water or oil.
If it is still not working then you have to change it to a new one.
- Similarly, problems in the functioning of pressure relief valves often occur. It is probably because of the leaks in the valve.
To fix the issue, one needs to replace it with a new one.
FAQ of Mold Temperature Controller.
- How to Control the Temperature of Mold is possible through the Mold Temperature Controller?
To control the temperature of the mold, the Mold Temperature Controller adopts a mechanism of heating and cooling the coolant.
The heating cylinder warms up the temperature while the cooling system cools up the coolant.
- What are the prerequisite for optimal mold temperature control in the Mold Temperature Controller?
There are three prerequisites for the process of optimal mold temperature control in it.
- The Heating -cooling channel in the mold.
- Coolant i-e, Liquid, or oil.
- A device that is surely a Mold Temperature controller.
- What is the Mold Accuracy in Mold Temperature Controller?
Mold accuracy is the comparison of the quality of the product of the mold that is produced by using this Mold Temperature Controller. This is determined by the dimensional tolerance of the product.
- How could Increase the Life Span of your Mold Temperature Controller?
Proper maintenance, daily cleanliness, checking of the coolant temperature during and after the operation, keeping in a room temperature is necessary for increasing the life span of the Mold Temperature Controller.
- What Should be the Mold Opening and Closing Speed in Mold Temperature Controller?
The initial velocity of the mold opening in the Mold Temperature Controller is kept slow, then it gradually increases, and at the end, it again reduces. In this way, the coolant does not flow out and a fine mold is achieved.
- What Should be the Mold Opening and Closing Speed in Mold Temperature Controller?
The closing speed that is after the mold is solidified should be slow so that a fine product may be achieved by Mold Temperature Controller.
- What Kind of Items is Necessary for the Installation of Mold Temperature Controller?
It includes a spanner of 24”, and 27” inches, L and Keys, I-bolts, scale, clam, and steads. These are items are necessary for the installation of the Mold Temperature Controller.
- Do I Need a Crane for Moving Mold Temperature Controller?
Mold Temperature Controllers are small-sized and there is no need of having a crane to uplift them.
However, few Mold Temperature Controllers are big and often they need in a higher position.
For that scenario, the crane is used to move the Mold Temperature Controller from one place to another.
- What is the relation Between Flow Rate and Pressure of Mold?
There is an inversely proportional relationship between the Flow Rate and Pressure of the mold.
An increase in pressure causes a decrease in the flow rate of the mold.
In other words, the pump pressure rises, the flow rate decreases; when the flow rate increases, the pump pressure decreases.