TopChiller Low Temperature Glycol Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier
- Cooling capacity ranges from 5KW to 280KW
- Temperature control from -5°C to 60°C
- Branded Scroll & screw type compressor
- Sophisticated digital temperature controller
- Glycol coolant flow rate up to 450LPM
- Pressure flow and water flow switches
- SS plate, shell and tube efficient evaporator
- Warranty up to 24 months after purchase
Your Reliable Low Temperature Glycol Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China over 20 Years
Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is a cooling unit specifically designed for industrial applications requiring lower temperature (mostly below 5°C), producing a cooling effect by chilled glycol solution.
TopChiller is a renowned manufacturer and supplier of Low Temperature Glycol Chiller in China that has fulfilled the industrial chilling requirements of customers for the last twenty years of worthy experience.
TopChiller is offering the full stock of Low Temperature Glycol Chiller models to all over the world marketplace ensuring the reliable and steadfast performance of the unit.
Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is made of scroll and screw compressor, shell type condenser, heat exchanger, dry filter, and hot gas bypass, flow-switches, refrigeration reservoir water pump, water tank, solenoid valve, and protecting devices.
Low Temperature Glycol Chiller made by TopChiller is used for lower temperature requiring applications as:
Wineries, ice rinks, pharmaceuticals, cider mills, food and beverage, dairy milk, yogurt machine, distilleries, laboratories, semiconductors, medical, fermentation processes, and pilot plants, etc.
If you are considering buying a well-furnished Low Temperature Glycol Chiller that provides a lower chilling temperature for your application?
If you are looking way around to find Low Temperature Glycol Chiller manufacturer in China for customizing Chiller to support your business.
You have chosen the right place. TopChiller Company is providing affordable Low Temperature Glycol Chiller with cooling solutions.
Make contact with TopChiller experts and get help about every aspect of Low Temperature Glycol Chiller at the best rates.
Features and Advantages
- Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is efficient and durable in its superb performance configured by shell and tube type condenser providing high cooling capacity.
- TopChiller designed brand Temperature Glycol Chiller has a brazed plate efficient heat exchanger that instantly exchanges heat from equipment with chilled water and prevents the unit from heat damage and leaks.
- Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is equipped with a PLC temperature controller to exactly adjust the temperature of equipment at the right precise value.
- The glycol water solution is used as a refrigerant that provides a chilling effect, also acts as an anti-freezing agent and lubricant preventing the unit from rust and corrosion with fluent cooling performance.
Low Temperature Glycol Chiller Technical Specification
|Type||Shell and tube type/Plate type heat exchanger|
|Power Source||3PH～380V/415V/480V～50HZ/60HZ(3PH～200V/220V 50HZ/60HZ)|
|Compressor||Type||Hermetic scroll ( piston )|
|Condenser||Type||Efficient finned copper tube with aluminum + low noise external rotor fan|
|Safety protection||Compressor inner protection, over current protection, high / low pressure protection, over temperature protection, flow rate protection, phase sequence/phase missing protection, low level coolant protection, anti freezing protection|
The above specifications are according to the following design conditions:
1, Chilled water inlet/outlet temperature difference 3℃/8℃.
2, Cooling air inlet/outlet temperature 30℃/38℃
Low Temperature Glycol Chiller Configuration Table
|Oil pressure gauge (high low)||HONGSEN||TAIWAN|
|Dryer filter||EMERSON /ALCO||USA|
TopChiller Free Service and Technical Support
As the professional chiller manufacturer over 20 years, TopChiller is always happy to provide our free service and technical support accessible to our clients before,during and after sales. If you need any help, welcome to call us or send your inquiry to our email. These free service and technical support including；
- Listening to your detailed chiller requirements and give your best chiller solution for your applications based on our rich experience.
- If you have no idea about how to size your chiller model or cooling capacity, it’s no a big issue, Just tell us your specific cooling demands, we will guide you to select the right economical chiller model.
- 7*24 online service,If you have any problem about chiller,you may call us or send email, we are always here to support you.
TopChiller Standard Warranty Time
After purchasing TopChiller product, you are our valued customers in TopChiller ERP system.
We will do regular tracking service and Your chiller having up to 24 months warranty time after installation and commissioning,
If your chiller is down, you can contact TopChiller for support to solve your problem..Once we received your message,Our service technician on duty will contact you as soon as possible.
TopChiller Start-up & Commissioning
TopChiller also provides the additional service of start-up or commissioning of your chiller.You’d better prior to scheduling your start-up, it is important that the proper installation procedures have been followed and the chiller is ready.
TopChiller technician will guide you how to start-up your chiller when your chiller is ready, besides this we have full sets of paper works including: Chiller installation manual, operation manual, electrical drawing for you.
Free Replacement Spare Parts
Providing free replacement spare parts for TopChiller,is the best customer service in the industry to support you when you are sourcing replacement parts.
We have most parts are in stock and available for next day shipment for your chillers.
If you want have some replacement spare parts,just provide us your chiller serial number and model number to expedite the sourcing process.
Better to have the nameplate and pictures of your chiller for our reference. This will help us find the proper replacements at earliest time.
6 Points Why TopChiller Is Your Best Low Temperature Glycol Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China?
Low Temperature Glycol Chiller-An Ultimate Buying Guide by TopChiller..
Many industrial and commercial applications require extremely low temperatures even below the freezing point in an efficient and environmentally friendly way.
Here comes the need of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller to fulfill the needs and requirements of those industrial applications.
Low temperature glycol chillers are mostly used in food, beverages, wineries, and breweries industries and all those applications that need extremely low temperature for their processes.
However, the functionality and components of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller are similar to the regular refrigeration systems.
To obtain the maximum results from a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller it is compulsory to have complete information about it.
- What is a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
- What are the Working Principles of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
- What are the Major Components of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
- What are the Features of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller for your Application?
- What are the Industrial Applications of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
- What should be the Ideal Temperature of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller for your Application?
- What is the Difference between a Glycol and Antifreeze in a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
- What is the Method of Filling Glycol in a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
- Why Glycol mixed with Water in a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
- How to Choose a Right, Low Temperature Glycol Chiller for your Application?
- What are the Installation Requirements of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller for your Application?
- How to Maintain a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
- How to Troubleshoot your Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
- FAQ of Low Temperature Glycol Chiller
What is a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
A Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is specially manufactured and designed for industrial processes.
You can identify by its name that it is used for low temperature cooling requirements.
A Low Temperature Glycol Chiller provides non-stop cooling. It can drop the temperature of the fluids to -40 degrees Fahrenheit.
A Low Temperature Glycol Chiller uses a glycol mixture to meet the low temperature requirements of your application.
It uses propylene glycol and ethylene glycol as a cooling medium in different industries.
Propylene glycol is mostly used in the food and beverage industries as it is harmless for human health.
A Low Temperature Glycol Chiller dissipates the heat from the system into the air with the help of a condenser.
The complete guideline about working of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is described in the next sections.
A Low Temperature Glycol Chiller uses glycol and water mixed in a specific ratio to fulfill the low-temperature requirements below the freezing point to cool down various applications.
It first cools the glycol mixture then circulates it through the pipes to cool down machinery and products etc.
What are the Working Principles of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
A Low Temperature Glycol Chiller uses glycol as a coolant. Glycol is a thick translucent chemical compound.
Glycol is a very environment-friendly coolant as compare to other fluorinated gases. Other fluorinated gases can greatly affect the environment.
A Low Temperature Glycol Chiller uses different processes and working principles to fulfill the requirements of large-scale industrial applications.
The refrigeration cycle for the Low Temperature Glycol Chiller begins with low-pressure gas or liquid driven to the evaporator.
The evaporator boils the refrigerant by using heat obtains from the process water and glycol mixture.
It changes the state of a low-pressure liquid to a low-pressure gas.
This low-pressure gas then enters the condenser where ambient air dissipates heat from it.
When the heat is removed from high-pressure gas it becomes a high-pressure liquid then high-pressure liquid travels to the expansion valve.
The expansion valve also controls the amount of liquid refrigerant that enters the evaporator to restart the refrigeration cycle.
The condenser of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller can be of two types an air-cooled or water-cooled.
An air-cooled condenser of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller uses air to condense the high-temperature refrigerant gas into a liquid.
The air-cooled condenser can be placed in the open air for higher results.
On the other hand, a water-cooled condenser of Low Temperature Glycol Chiller uses chilled water from a cooling tower for condensation of the refrigerant.
What are the Major Components of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
A Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is specially designed for low-temperature requirements. The Major Components of this glycol refrigeration system are as follow;
A compressor is used to ensure the motion of the refrigerant throughout the process.
It uses an electronic motor as a driving force to perform compression.
The condenser of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is placed closer to the expansion valve and the compressor.
It is used to remove the heat from the refrigerant sent in an evaporator. There are two types of condensers. A water-cooled condenser and an air-cooled condenser.
- Expansion Valve
A Low Temperature Glycol Chiller uses an expansion valve to expand the refrigerant and amplifies its volume during the process.
The evaporator is responsible to take heat from your application and send it to the refrigerant for the evaporation process.
The remaining water is cooled when the heat is extracted through the system.
- Power Unit
The power unit plays an important role in a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller. It controls the flow of electricity by using power cables.
It may include a speed controller, starter, circuit breaker, etc.
- Control Unit
The control unit is used to keep check the efficiency of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller and also makes settings and adjustments if required.
It also includes safety alarms and sudden shut down options.
What are the Features of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller for your Application?
A Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is also known as a glycol chiller system. It is specially manufactured and designed for various industrial applications that need a very low temperature.
Some of the features are given below;
1- Usually, a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller offers constant coolant or a glycol water mix solution, between -35 Degrees Celsius to +5 Degrees Celsius.
2- A high-quality Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is specially designed in a very simple way to provide ease of operation, installation, and maintenance.
3-A Low Temperature Glycol Chiller uses a high-quality compressor to make sure that it is durable and highly efficient.
4- The concise and accurate manufacturing of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller has a noise-free operation.
5- The glycol, it uses as a coolant, provides safe cooling in food products.
6-A high-quality dry shell and tube evaporator made of stainless steel are highly energy efficient.
7- High-standard designed power supply is customizable according to the requirements of different applications.
8-For safety purposes, an alarming system, and the emergency shutdown function are also included in a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller.
What are the Industrial Applications of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
A Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is used to meet the low-temperature requirements of different industrial applications even below 0 degrees Celsius.
They are mostly used in the winery, breweries, and other food and beverage industries because of the glycol coolant.
The use of glycol helps the Low Temperature Glycol Chiller to lower the temperature of the product efficiently.
Some of the industrial applications of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller are appended below.
- In the Breweries industries, the Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is widely used to control the fermentation process and its speed.
- In crash cooling vessels and prepackaging, it is used as cooled storage.
- In the Wineries industry, it is used for stabilization of the cooling and fermentation process during the manufacturing and storing of wineries.
- In distilleries, Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is used to provide constant coolant to circulate between stills and distillation tankers for the removal of heat during the fermentation process.
- In ice rink projects, a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is used to generate low temperature coolant to freeze the water into ice easily to discover the perfect ice skating surface.
- In the food industry, it provides consistent coolant to keep the quality of frozen foods safe.
What should be the Ideal Temperature of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller for your Application?
The temperature adjustment of Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is a very crucial factor. The temperature settings of this glycol chiller system are different for various industrial applications.
The extremely low temperature can slow down a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller.
In the case of beer, it may freeze during the fermentation process. This happens if you have set the temperature very low.
To achieve colloidal stability the temperature of a beer should be 28 – 30 Â°F.
The ideal temperature according to your application is suggested by the engineers and tank manufacturers.
It will be better to ask about it to the engineers or manufacturers of your Low Temperature Glycol Chiller.
What is the Difference between a Glycol and Antifreeze in a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
Antifreeze and glycol in a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller are not much different. They have the same functions. The glycol is basically of two types; ethylene glycol and propylene glycol.
The ethylene glycol is known as an anti-freezing agent in different chilling systems an odorless, colorless, viscous liquid.
It freezes at about -10 degrees Fahrenheit but a mixture of 40% water and 60% glycol can hold temperatures about -50 degrees Fahrenheit before freezing.
So glycols are used as a heat transfer medium for the proper flow of coolant throughout the process.
Antifreeze is a type of engine coolant. It is a cooler liquid mix with water. It helps to regulate your engine when there is so cold outside.
What is the Method of Filling Glycol in a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
It is necessary to fill glycol in a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller at some time but mostly during installation, after a fluid leak, and after a flush.
There is a complete guide about how you can refill your Low Temperature Glycol Chiller. First of all, you need to measure that how much glycol is in your system.
You can use a refractometer. Mix the right amount of water into glycol to ensure it is freeze protected to the extent you require.
You have to mix the amount of glycol enough to protect your lowest temperatures in winters and refrigerant suction side.
You can fill it with only water in the start to clean out the piping, so will easily inspect it if there is any leakage or not.
Given steps should be considered when filling glycol in your Low Temperature Glycol Chiller.
- Determine total system volume.
- Determine the concentration of glycol.
- Check the freezing point.
- Remove all air from your system.
Why Glycol mixed with Water in a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
The glycol is mixed with water in Low Temperature Glycol Chiller to lower the freezing point of water during the process.
Pure ethylene glycol freezes at a low temperature of about -12 degrees Fahrenheit but when you will mix it with water. It begins to freeze at a lower temperature.
The water freezes below 0 degrees Celsius. The main purpose of adding glycol to water is to make it an anti-freezing agent.
This method was previously used in vehicles during extremely cold weather conditions.
In a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller, the glycol increases the heat capacity of the water. The proper amount of water and glycol is important for efficient operation.
The manufacturer of your low-temperature system can suggest you better in this regard.
You can also test for anti-freeze in water with a very easy and quick method. Drop your sample to the fill line then break the three ampules in sequence.
Wait for about 30 seconds for its color to form, if you see a dark blue color in the pouch there is ethylene glycol is present.
How to Choose a Right, Low Temperature Glycol Chiller for your Application?
Choosing an efficient Low Temperature Glycol Chiller for your application is not that difficult but it is a very important factor.
Selecting the right Low Temperature Glycol Chiller according to the needs of your application is necessary to obtain maximum output.
Following are some points that can help you in the selection of proper Low Temperature Glycol Chiller for your application.
Determine the Heat Load of your Application
It is a necessary and basic step for the selection of your right Low Temperature Glycol Chiller.
When you determine the heat load of your application, you will be sure about the size of the chosen glycol chiller system.
You can determine the heat load of your application using simple formulas.
- Determine the Coolant Type for Cooling
The second step is to determine the type of coolant your application requires. This will also help you to produce cooling in an energy-efficient manner.
As different types of coolants and refrigerants have different characteristics.
- Determine the Target Temperature
You need to determine the target temperature that your Low Temperature Glycol Chiller will provide to your application.
- Determine the Flow Rate
The flow rate can be determined by the method that is used for heat transfer from the process to the coolant being used for your application.
- Identify Installation Environment
You can install a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller indoors and outdoors according to the adjustment of your application.
The indoor environment can face direct and high temperatures but for the outdoors environments you may face higher and lower atmospheric temperatures.
You may need additional accessories like sump heaters or air filters, etc.
- Check out the Performance and Pump Curves for your Desired Low Temperature Glycol Chiller
Use the performance and Pump curves of different models of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller to match it according to your requirements.
- Final Selection
Finalize the model of your Low Temperature Glycol Chiller after the complete study. You may take advice from experts and engineers in this regard.
What are the Installation Requirements of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller for your Application?
- Prerequisite for Installations
- Read all the instructions completely before installation.
- All the required tools and equipment should be in your approach.
- Follow all the warnings and cautions, mentioned in the manual.
- Construct the base for your unit and cooling tower.
- Receiving and Inspection
After receiving the low-Temperature Glycol Chiller at your end must carry out the inspection of all equipment for any damage and also check that all the equipment is according to the equipment supply list.
If anything is missing or damaged, in case of any deficiency or damage supplier should be informed, on the telephone and also in writing.
- Setting the Equipment
When placing your low-Temperature Glycol Chiller for installation on the base or platform. Take care of the following few points;
- The front side of the chiller must be faced toward the service area.
- The electrical panel must be visible or in front to monitor the panel and alarm.
- The Low Temperature Glycol Chiller should be located as close to processing equipment as possible.
- Sufficient space clearance should be available around the unit for maintenance and inspections.
- Adequate light and air circulation should be available around your Low Temperature Glycol Chiller system.
- The base of the unit must be precisely leveled.
- Use a Crain to shift the equipment to the base.
- Follow all the instructions mentioned in the installation manual
All the pipes are supplied with a reference designation code on all sides of the pipes.
All the pipes must be connected according to their reference designation codes mentioned on their ends, otherwise, pipes may be damaged due to stress.
All the water pipes should be of specific configuration as mentioned in the manufacturer manual.
Ensure availability of power panels near your Low-Temperature Glycol Chiller system all the power cables must be secure and must not hanging to avoid stress.
All the equipment must be provided with a proper earthling, to avoid any accident.
How to Maintain a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
Maintenance plays an important role to increase the efficiency of the Low Temperature Glycol Chiller system, below is the checklist for proper maintenance.
- All the water inlets and outlets are inspected for leakage.
- All components of the compressor unit must be inspected for oil level, leaks vibration.
- Electrical contact should be inspected for cleanliness and corrosion.
- Earthling connection is inspected for a proper resistance to the earth.
- Filters and dryers must be inspected for cleanliness, if filters are damaged, replace them with a new one.
- Maintain a daily log, to record all the events and maintenance practices.
- Keep the chiller tubing clean, for smooth flow of fluid.
- By reducing the temperature of condenser water efficiency of Low Temperature Glycol Chiller may be increased drastically.
- Inspect condenser water loop for contamination, corrosion, and scaling. This inspection may be performed at least once a year.
- Monitor for any leakage of refrigerant, the refrigerant leakage can degrade the performance of your chiller.
- Measure the concentration of glycol for its exact ratio.
- Maintain an optimum flow rate in your Low Temperature Glycol Chiller System.
- Get a sample of compressor oil examines by a well-reputed laboratory
- Inspect motor and starter mechanism.
- Check emergency power-off switch for proper function
All of the above steps will enhance the capability of your Low Temperature Glycol Chiller effectively.
How to Troubleshoot your Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
- Freeze, Flow, or Low-Pressure Alarm Sounds
- Check proper for proper percentage, Volume, and level of glycol in the storage tank, if all of these are within specified limits reset the freeze alarm.
- Another cause for freeze alarm may be due to a low flow, because a decrease in flow rate may cause by reduced refrigerant Temperature in the evaporator.
- The restriction in piping or any component may also cause the Freeze alarm to sound.
- Freeze alarm also may sound if you do not turn On the Glycol pump.
- Freeze alarm may also be sound as a result of low refrigerant charge.
- The thermostat may be faulty and is not turning the system off on set point, or set point.
- A defective solenoid Valve can cause freeze alarm to sound.
- High Head Pressure Alarm Sound
- This may cause by the dirty condenser, take a fine brush and clean the finned place on the condenser to remove all the dust and dirt.
- Failure of the fan motor.
- The flow of fresh air is very essential to prevent high-pressure alarms to sound.
- Component Failure.
In troubleshooting, if you found that the failure is due to some component consult an expert technician for an opinion.
FAQ of Low Temperature Glycol Chiller.
How to Maintain the Temperature in a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
The electronic component, comparator is responsible to regulate the temperature in the work center.
The comparator compares the set point temperature with ambient temperature and uses their difference to regulate the Temperature.
What should be the Calibration Period for Gauges in a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
It is suggested that all the components and gauges be calibrated after six months, it is essential to avoid any errors in readings.
Can Glycol in a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller be named as a Refrigerant?
No, Glycol cannot be named as Refrigerant, because it provides cooling exclusively through heat transfer through an exchange, whereas refrigerant uses an evaporation-condensation principle.
How can you Increase the Efficiency of Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
Steps to increase the efficiency of your Low Temperature Glycol Chiller;
- Inspect and clean condenser coil.
- Maintain refrigerant charge.
- Maintain condenser water.
Can Low Temperature Glycol Chiller be used in the food industry?
There are two types of glycol propylene Glycol is considering food-grade and can be used in the food and beverages industry without any harm.
What Glycol and Water Percentage are used Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
In low-Temperature Glycol Chiller water to glycol percentage depends on the temperature which you want to maintain in your work center, but generally, it is kept 35 % glycol and 65 %of water.
What is the Advantage of High Fluid flow in a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
The advantage of high fluid flow in the Low Temperature Glycol Chiller is fast heat transfer from equipment to water cooling tower.
- Is Low-temperature Glycol Chiller used Indoor or Outdoor?
Like other water-cooled Chiller Low-Temperature, Glycol Chiller is also an indoor chiller; its cooling tower may be installed in the open air.
How much water is consumed in a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
No water is consumed and the tank filled once remains the same in quantity the water only circulates in the pipes and no wastage of water occurs.
What is the difference between vapor compression and absorption Low Temperature Glycol Chiller?
In Absorption, Low Temperature Glycol Chiller gas is changed back into the water by heat only, whereas in vapor compression Low Temperature Glycol Chiller a metering device is used to turn gas into a liquid.
Why Glycol is always used in a low temperature glycol chiller?
Glycol is a miscible chemical compound that is an important part of a Low Temperature Glycol Chiller.
The Major function of the glycol in this low temperature glycol chiller is to prevent the process from freezing and to keep the chilling system working normally.
Other chilling systems are not capable to provide cooling below zero degrees Celsius