Industrial Water Chiller
- Industrial water chiller capacity 10KW to 250KW
- Temperature control 7℃ to 35℃
- Chilled water flow rate up to 490LPM
- Built-in SS water tank and water pump
- SS plate heat exchanger or shell and tube available
- Energy efficiency water-cooled condenser
- Easy installation and maintenance
Your Premier Industrial Water Chiller Manufacturer
TopChiller is a leading supplier and manufacturer of industrial water chiller with over 20 years’ experience since 1999.
The industrial water chiller is the best selling product at TopChiller company.
TopChiller providing a wide range of industrial water chillers from 2.5Ton to 180Ton cooling capacity.
High-quality industrial water chiller designed and manufactured from TopChiller having below advantages:
1. The refrigeration compressor and other refrigeration accessories and control components are all well-known brands at home and abroad, which not only ensure the full performance of the water chiller unit but also ensure the long service life of the industrial water chiller…
2. The industrial water chiller has complete protection devices (high pressure, low pressure, overpressure, under pressure, overload, phase loss, time delay, water shortage protection, etc.) and the faults are all displayed on the panel, so the maintenance is simple.
3. The throttling mode is controlled by external balance thermal expansion valve, with a wide range of temperature regulation, automatic control of refrigerant flow, stable operation of the unit, and high energy efficiency ratio.
4. The water-cooled condenser of this industrial water chiller adopts seamless toothed external thread copper shell and tube type, with high heat exchange efficiency and long service life
5. The industrial water chiller adopts the microcomputer intelligent control system to control various temperatures (5 ℃ ~ 35 ℃) required by the industrial production process.
It can not only control the temperature to realize the function of the man-machine interface but also ensure the temperature control accuracy of the water chiller unit to be as high as ± 1 ℃.
An industrial water chiller is the best refrigeration partner for the modern industries which can provide steady cooling water.
The above industrial water chillers can suit a wide range of industries including metal finishing, water jet cutting, laser & welding, medical care, plastic, processing,breweryµbrewery, winery, food processing, explosion-proof and hydroponics.
Why industrial water chillers are so important for so many industrial applications?
Industrial water chillers absorb heat from process coolant: water, hydraulic oil, and lubrication oil or glycol-water mixture and then transfer this heat to a separate water source such as a cooling tower, tap water, river, pond, etc.
Please have a look at the detailed applications of using industrial water chillers:
1. In the plastic industry, industrial water chiller can accurately control the temperature of various plastic equipment to ensure the stability of product quality;
2. Industrial water chiller for industrial machinery will control the pressure oil temperature of the oil pressure system, stabilize the oil temperature and pressure, shorten the service life of oil quality, improve the efficiency of mechanical lubricant, and increase wear;
3. Electronic industry uses industrial water chiller can stabilize the molecular structure of electronic components in the production line, improve the qualification rate of electronic components, and apply it to the ultrasonic cleaning industry to effectively avoid the damage caused by the dissolution of cheap detergent;
4. Food industry equipment need to use industrial water chiller, It is used for adjusting heating after food processing, to adapt to environmental carton rejection, in addition, it can effectively control the temperature of fermented food, etc;
5. Industrial water chiller will be used in the electroplating industry, control the electroplating temperature, reduce the density and smoothness of the plated parts, prolong the electroplating cycle, improve the production efficiency and improve the product quality;
6. Chemical fiber industry uses industrial water chiller for freeze-drying air to ensure product quality;
7. In the construction industry, cold water from industrial water chiller for concrete is supplied to make the molecular structure of concrete suitable for building rejection and effectively strengthen the hardness and toughness of concrete;
8. Vacuum coating machines always use industrial water chiller to control the temperature of the vacuum coating machine, to ensure the high quality of plated parts.
Industrial water chillers are generally used for large capacity applications, where the boring heat and noise generated by air-cooled chiller creates a problem.
This is the most advantage of the industrial water chiller. So for some certain industrial cooling process, an industrial water chiller is your water cooling partner.
If you are looking for a good quality industrial water chiller manufacturer,
if your plant or machine needs a reliable cooling water source from industrial water chiller,
You are coming to the right place, TopChiller is your primer industrial water chiller supplier.
Please contact TopChiller sales and tell all your detailed requirements to get the best price and industrial water chiller solution.
TopChiller: Your Best Industrial Water Chiller Supplier
In terms of industrial chillers, there are two types of industrial chillers- industrial water chillers sand industrial air chillers.
The big difference between industrial water chiller and industrial air chiller is the condenser type.
Compared with industrial air chiller using air cooled type condenser, but industrial water chiller using water cooled condenser.
Today we are talking about the industrial water chiller machine here.
An industrial water chiller is more effective in cooling efficiency because using a water-cooled shell and tube type condenser should working with a Cooling Tower and Condenser Water pump.
So that when you intend installed a Water Cooled Chiller, you need also considered when a cooling tower and condenser water pump are all ready or not, or where the customer requires the optimum efficiency of power consumption.
Industrial water chillers require condenser water treatment to eliminate mineral buildup. Mineral deposits create poor heat transfer situations, that reduce the efficiency of the unit.
If this industrial water chiller installed nearby sea, the circulating water should be with saltier than tap water and well water. We must consider the water-cooled condenser should be anti-crossing material like Titanium tubes.
TopChiller providing all models of industrial water chillers to your Industrial Process.
We provide a complete range of industrial water chiller design and manufacturing from standard models to complete customized chiller systems up to 400 tons.
Industrial Water Chiller: A Complete Buying Guide from TopChiller
- What is an industrial water chiller?
- How does industrial water chiller work?
- The difference between industrial water chiller and industrial air chiller
- The main components of an industrial water chiller
- What are industrial water chillers used for?
- How to maintenance your industrial water chiller?
- Why TopChiller can be your reliable industrial water chiller manufacturer?
Chapter 1: What is industrial water chiller?
An industrial water chiller is a mechanical device that provides chilled water with constant temperature, constant current and constant pressure.
An industrial water chiller refers to water chiller that used for industrial application or industrial process.
The working principle of the industrial water chiller is to inject a certain amount of water into the water tank of the machine and cool the water through the chiller refrigeration system.
Usually, there is a built-in water pump inside the industrial water chiller, The water pump then powered the low-temperature cooling water to the equipment want to be cool.
The chilled water from industrial water chiller takes the heat away and then raises the temperature and then returns to the water tank, and then cools the water through the refrigeration system.
The cooling water temperature can be automatically adjusted according to requirements, and long-term use can save water. Therefore, a water chiller is standard energy-saving equipment.
There are various industrial water chiller models in terms of cooling capacity, compressor type, and cooling methods.
But which industrial water chiller model is suitable for your business? just send your water chiller inquiry to TopChiller, we are willing to give free design and quotation.
Chapter 2: How does an industrial water chiller work?
How does industrial water chiller work? This refers to the working principle of an industrial water chiller.
In an industrial water chiller system, The refrigeration cycle starts with a low-pressure liquid/gas mix entering the evaporator.
In the evaporator, heat from the process water or water/glycol solution heats the refrigerant, which changes the refrigerant from a low-pressure liquid to a low-pressure gas.
Then the low-pressure gas enters the compressor where it is compressed to high-pressure gas. The high-pressure gas enters the water-cooled condenser, condensing water removes heat to cool it to a high-pressure liquid.
The high-pressure liquid travels to the thermal expansion valve, which controls how much liquid refrigerant enters the evaporator, thereby beginning the refrigeration cycle again.
For industrial water chiller using a water-cooled condenser, water from a cooling tower cools and condenses the refrigerant.
Chapter 3: The difference between industrial water chiller and industrial air chiller
As mentioned previously, there are two types of industrial chillers- industrial water chiller and industrial air chiller.
But what’s the difference between industrial water chiller and industrial air chiller?
Let’s have a simple comparison of both as below:
The biggest difference between is condenser type.
There are two types of condensers used in industrial chillers, air-cooled chiller, and water-cooled chiller.
For an industrial air chiller uses ambient air to cool and condense the hot refrigerant gas back down to a liquid. It can be located inside the chiller or can be remotely located outside, but ultimately it rejects the heat from the chiller to the air.
But for industrial water chiller, water from a cooling tower cools and condenses the refrigerant. Industrial water chiller should work together with a cooling tower and circulation water pump for heat reject purpose.
Based on the above different condenser types, we can conclude industrial water chiller is more efficient in cooling than industrial air chiller.
Chapter 4: The main components of an industrial water chiller
There are some key components in an industrial water chiller such as Compressor, evaporator, water-cooled condenser, expansion valve, dry filter, water cooling tower, and refrigerant.
What’re the functions of these components playing in the industrial water chiller? Let’s have a look:
Compressor: Compressor is the first important part of an industrial water chiller. We always call compressor is the heart of an industrial chiller unit.
The compressor is the core component of the entire refrigeration system and the source of refrigerant compression. Its function is to convert the input electrical energy into mechanical energy to compress the refrigerant.
Evaporator: The evaporator in an industrial water chiller is a heat exchange device that relies on the evaporation (actually boiling) of the refrigerant liquid to absorb the heat of the cooled refrigerant.
Its function in the refrigeration system is to absorb heat (or output cooling). In order to ensure that the evaporation process can be carried out without undue delay.
It is necessary to continuously evacuate the evaporated gas with a refrigeration compressor to maintain a certain evaporation pressure.
There are two types of evaporator: brazed plate heat exchanger and shell$tube heat exchanger.
water-cooled condenser: As we referred above, the biggest difference to tell air chiller apart water chiller, is the condenser type.
Industrial water chiller using a water-cooled condenser.
This water-cooled condenser acts to output thermal energy and condenses the refrigerant during cooling.
After the high-pressure superheated steam discharged from the refrigeration compressor enters the condenser, all the heat absorbed in the working process, including the heat absorbed from the evaporator and the refrigeration compressor and in the pipeline.
It is transferred to the nearby and taking away by condensing water, then the high-pressure superheated vapor of the refrigerant recondenses into a liquid.
We usually use a shell and tube condenser for industrial water chiller.
Expansion valve: Expansion valve plays an important part not only in industrial water chiller but also air chiller.
The thermal expansion valve is both a flow regulating valve in the chiller refrigeration system and a throttle valve in the refrigeration device.
The expansion valve is installed between the drying filter and the evaporator in the refrigeration device, and its temperature sensing package is wrapped in evaporation.
At the exit of the device. Its main function is to reduce the pressure of the high-pressure normal temperature refrigerant liquid when flowing through the thermal expansion valve, and become a low-temperature low-pressure refrigerant wet steam enters the evaporator, vaporizes in the evaporator.
For the expansion valve, we always use the Danfoss brand thermal expansion valve.
The selection of the thermal expansion valve plays an important role in the performance of the industrial water chiller.
The correct selection of the thermal expansion valve will maximize the use of the evaporator and always match the evaporator with the heat load.
The thermal expansion valve is one of the four components of an industrial water chiller and is an important device for regulating and controlling the flow and pressure of refrigerant into the evaporator.
But how to select the right expansion valve for the industrial water chiller?
There are some useful tips as below:
- Selection of thermal expansion valve
The selection and installation of thermal expansion valves are very important. Only the correct selection and installation can ensure the normal operation of the unit. Therefore, when selecting the thermal expansion valve, we can use the appropriate size of the thermal expansion valve according to the size of the evaporator load and the evaporating temperature. The capacity of the commonly used thermal expansion valve is about 20% larger than the evaporator heat load. For small chiller refrigeration systems, gas-filled thermal expansion valves are generally used. Most of the medium-sized chiller refrigeration systems use adsorption-filled or mixed-filled thermal expansion valves.
- Thermal expansion valve installation
1. The thermal expansion valve is installed in front of the evaporator of the industrial chiller and is usually installed in a vertical position. Considering the ease of installation and maintenance, the cooling loss is small and should be as close as possible to the inlet of the evaporator.
- 2. The working condition of the thermal expansion valve for industrial chillers has a direct relationship with the installation position of the temperature sensor package. Because the thermal expansion valve completely adjusts the opening size of the expansion valve by the temperature change of the temperature sensing package. The temperature sensing package is installed on the pipe at the outlet of the chiller evaporator.
- 3. As the evaporator outlet pipe grows, its superheat gradually increases. Therefore, the position of the thermal expansion valve temperature sensing package is directly related to the amount of fluid supplied from the expansion valve. Generally, the temperature sensing package is installed at a distance of 1.5 m from the suction port of the compressor. When the liquid supply amount cannot meet the system requirements, the screw of the expansion valve must be adjusted to adjust the liquid supply amount.3. When the temperature sensor package of the thermal expansion valve is installed, it is required to be in close contact with the suction pipe. The contact surface is required to be clean, the thermal resistance is small, and it is not affected by external temperature and other factors. The temperature sensing bag and the return air pipe are generally fastened with metal clamps and bolted. At the same time, the heat insulation layer and the moisture-proof insulation layer should be wrapped outside the temperature sensing package and the pipe to reduce the external disturbance so that the thermal expansion valve works stably and is sensitive.
- If the thermal expansion valve does not match the water chiller refrigeration system, the refrigerant flow rate of the system will be reduced for a long time, so that the cooling capacity of the thermal expansion valve is large and small. When the cooling capacity is too small, the evaporator will supply insufficient liquid and generate excessive heat, which will adversely affect the performance of the unit system. When the cooling capacity is too large, it will cause shock, intermittently make the evaporator supply excessive, causing the compressor’s suction pressure to fluctuate drastically, and even liquid refrigerant enters the compressor, causing liquid hammer (wet stroke).
The drier filter is another important part of an industrial water chiller.
In the industrial water chiller refrigeration cycle, it is necessary to prevent the ingress of moisture and dirt (oil, iron filings, copper scraps), etc.
The source of moisture is mainly the trace amount of water contained in the newly added refrigerant and lubricating oil, or the air due to the inspection system.
If the moisture in the system is not cleaned out, when the refrigerant passes through the throttle valve (thermal expansion valve or capillary), the water will solidify into ice due to the pressure and temperature drop, which will obstruct the passage and affect the normal operation of an industrial water chiller.
Therefore, a drier filter must be installed in the industrial water chiller.
water cooling tower: The industrial water chiller must work together with a cooling tower to achieve a good cooling performance.
The cooling tower is a device that uses water as a circulating coolant to absorb heat from a system and discharge it into the atmosphere to lower the water temperature.
The cooling source is used to exchange cold and heat with water and air to generate steam, which is volatilized by steam.
Take away the heat to achieve the principles of evaporative heat dissipation, convective heat transfer, and radiation heat transfer to dissipate the waste heat generated in the industry or in the refrigeration and air conditioning to reduce the water temperature of the evaporative heat sink.
A cooling tower for an industrial water chiller will ensure the normal operation of the water cooling system.
The refrigerant is a cooling medium that completes the industrial water chiller refrigeration cycle by thermal changes in the refrigeration device.
The refrigerant is vaporized and vaporized in the evaporator, and the mechanical energy consumed in the compressor is compressed into high temperature and high-pressure gas, and the heat is condensed in the condenser.
Then the pressure is reduced by the throttle mechanism, and the liquid is supplied to the evaporator by the low temperature and low-pressure liquid to achieve cooling.
Chapter 5: What are industrial water chillers used for?
Industrial water chillers are necessary refrigeration machine for industries can provide constant cooling water for whatever heat occurs.
Industrial water chillers are widely used in various industrial applications:
Plastic industry: Industrial water chiller for the plastic industry will accurately control the mold temperature of various plastic processing, shorten the cycle of beer and plastic, and ensure the stability of product quality.
The electronics industry uses industrial water chiller will stabilize the molecular structure inside the electronic components on the production line, improve the qualification rate of electronic components, and apply it to the ultrasonic cleaning industry to effectively prevent the damage caused by the volatilization and volatilization of expensive cleaning agents.
Industrial water chiller applied in the electroplating industry will control plating temperature, increase the density and smoothness of plating parts, shorten plating cycle, improve production efficiency and improve product quality.
The industrial water chiller used in machine tool can control the pressure oil temperature of the oil pressure system, stabilize the oil temperature and oil pressure, prolong the oil quality use time, improve the efficiency of mechanical lubrication and reduce wear.
For the construction industry, industrial water chiller will provide the chilled water for concrete used to make the molecular structure of concrete suitable for the purpose of construction, and effectively enhance the hardness and toughness of concrete.
Industrial water chiller can also be sued for cooling vacuum coating, industrial water chiller will control the temperature of the vacuum coating machine to ensure the high quality of the plated parts.
In the food industry, we always use industrial water chiller for high-speed cooling after food processing to adapt to packaging requirements. There is also a temperature for controlling the fermented food.
For some pharmaceutical industry and other medical equipment, industrial water chiller is mainly used in the pharmaceutical industry to control the temperature control of fermented drugs.
Pharmaceutical enterprises should make full use of the industrial water chiller, continue to strengthen technological innovation on the basis of exerting their advantages and enhance the cost performance of the industrial water chiller to better serve the pharmaceutical sector.
Chapter 6: How to maintenance your industrial water chiller?
To buy a good quality industrial water chiller is the first important thing, But to do regular maintenance for your industrial water chiller is another important thing.
There are some tips on how to maintain your industrial water chiller:
1. If it is not an emergency, do not turn off the industrial water chiller by cutting off the main power.
2. When the industrial water chiller malfunctions and stops, first turn off the main power switch of the machine (the alarm light will go out) and then check the cause of the fault. Do not force the water chiller to boot before the fault is eliminated.
3. In order to extend the industrial water chiller service life and prevent the occurrence of safety accidents, your water chiller must be checked regularly.
4. The water used in industrial water chiller should be well treated. The high alkaline water quality will intensify the corrosion of the copper tube and reduce the life of the heat exchanger.
The PH of the water used is in the range of 7.0-8.5.
5. Keep the industrial water chiller location room dry, clean and well ventilated, this will help your water chiller keep a good cooling performance.
6. The daily operation, management and maintenance of industrial water chiller are performed by professionals with professional skills.
(It is dangerous to disassemble or inspect when industrial water chiller is running, please be careful!)
There is some regular problem really happened when operating an industrial water chiller, Please follow below step for troubleshooting:
Filling the refrigerant
When there is a gas/refrigerant leakage, You will judge it from the performance of low-pressure gauge. Your industrial water chiller will also give a low-pressure alarm error.
If this problem happened, we need to recharge some refrigerant into your industrial water chiller.
How to refill the refrigerant to your industrial water chiller?
Please refer below steps:
Unscrew the lid of the liquid thimble valve and connect the air tube of the vacuum pump to the liquid ejector valve for vacuuming.
This process takes about 1-3 hours. After the vacuum is completed, the gas pipe of the refrigerant tank is connected to the liquid addition ejector valve, and the refrigerant is added to the return gas pipe to monitor the weight change of the electronic scale, and the refrigerant is stopped when the rated weight is poured, (the liquid refrigerant is strictly prohibited when the power is turned on).
In the power-on state, the high-pressure gauge shows a pressure of approximately 13-15 bar, and the low-pressure gauge shows a pressure of approximately 3-5 bar.
Industrial water chiller adopts a shell-type condenser. After a long time of use, the inside of the heat transfer tube accumulates scale, which affects the heat transfer effect.
The condenser should be cleaned regularly to keep the industrial water chiller in good working condition.
If the cooling water has already been used to do the purification treatment, it is recommended to first use hydrogen peroxide to remove the bath.
After the high-pressure water gun is rinsed, check the water-free scale. After pickling, it must be passivated. The passivating agent can be purchased for related treatment.
When your industrial water chiller is not used or stored in an environment below 0 °C, the pipeline should be disconnected, the front end of the chiller should be raised, and the water in the condenser should be drained.
This kind of industrial water chiller adopts a shell-and-tube evaporator. After a long time, the outer side of the heat transfer tube accumulates scale, which affects the heat transfer effect.
The evaporator should be cleaned regularly to keep the machine in good working condition.
Chapter 7: Why TopChiller can be your reliable industrial water chiller manufacturer?
Industrial Water Chillers
TopChiller offers a variety of water-cooled chillers that suit a wide range of industries.
Water-cooled chillers and water cooling chiller systems absorb heat from process water and transfer it to a separate water source such as a cooling tower, river, pond, etc.
Industrial water-cooled chillers are generally used for large capacity applications, where the heat generated by air-cooled chillers creates a problem.
They are also considered when a cooling tower is already in place, or where the customer requires optimum efficiency of power consumption.
Water-cooled chillers require condenser water treatment to eliminate mineral buildup. Mineral deposits create poor heat transfer situations, that reduce the efficiency of the water-cooled chiller unit.
If you are seeking a good quality industrial water chiller supplier for your business?
If your existing industrial water chiller always having a problem, you are looking for a new water chiller manufacturer for your industrial process?
If you want a reliable industrial water chiller supplier for your plant?
You are coming to the right place, TopChiller is your first choice in the industrial chiller.
TopChiller is a professional industrial water chiller manufacturer since the year of 1999.
With 20 years of industrial refrigeration system experience, TopChiller having a full range of cooling capacity and models for industrial water chiller.
TopChiller wins a high reputation in the market because we are offering high-quality industrial water chillers, superior customer service, full-time technical support.
Of course, there are plenty of cheap chillers on the market, but the brands we carry represent superior value and TopChiller also wins its high reputation among end-users worldwide.
Please contact our refrigeration engineering team to help you select the right industrial water chiller and quotation for your application.