Industrial Water Chiller
- Industrial water chiller capacity 2 to 200 Ton
- Temperature control 7℃ to 35℃
- Chilled water flow rate up to 490LPM
- Built-in SS water tank and water pump
- SS plate heat exchanger or shell and tube available
- Energy efficiency water-cooled condenser
- Easy installation and maintenance
Your Premier Industrial Water Chiller Manufacturer
TopChiller is a leading supplier and manufacturer of industrial water chillers with over 20 years of experience since 1999.
The industrial water chiller is the best selling product at TopChiller company.
TopChiller provides a wide range of industrial water chillers from 2.5Ton to 180Ton cooling capacity.
High-quality industrial water chiller designed and manufactured from TopChiller having below advantages:
1. The refrigeration compressor and other refrigeration accessories and control components are all well-known brands at home and abroad, which not only ensure the full performance of the water chiller unit but also ensure the long service life of the industrial water chiller…
2. The industrial water chiller has complete protection devices (high pressure, low pressure, overpressure, under pressure, overload, phase loss, time delay, water shortage protection, etc.) and the faults are all displayed on the panel, so the maintenance is simple.
3. The throttling mode is controlled by an external balance thermal expansion valve, with a wide range of temperature regulation, automatic control of refrigerant flow, stable operation of the unit, and high energy efficiency ratio.
4. The water-cooled condenser of this industrial water chiller adopts seamless toothed external thread copper shell and tube type, with high heat exchange efficiency and long service life
5. The industrial water chiller adopts the microcomputer intelligent control system to control various temperatures (5 ℃ ~ 35 ℃) required by the industrial production process.
It can not only control the temperature to realize the function of the man-machine interface but also ensure the temperature control accuracy of the water chiller unit to be as high as ± 1 ℃.
An industrial water chiller is the best refrigeration partner for modern industries which can provide steady cooling water.
The above industrial water chillers can suit a wide range of industries including metal finishing, water jet cutting, laser & welding, medical care, plastic, processing,breweryµbrewery, winery, food processing, explosion-proof, and hydroponics.
Why industrial water chillers are so important for so many industrial applications?
Industrial water chillers absorb heat from process coolant: water, hydraulic oil, and lubrication oil or glycol-water mixture and then transfer this heat to a separate water source such as a cooling tower, tap water, river, pond, etc.
Please have a look at the detailed applications of using industrial water chillers:
1. In the plastic industry, industrial water chiller can accurately control the temperature of various plastic equipment to ensure the stability of product quality;
2. Industrial water chiller for industrial machinery will control the pressure oil temperature of the oil pressure system, stabilize the oil temperature and pressure, shorten the service life of oil quality, improve the efficiency of mechanical lubricant, and increase wear;
3. Electronic industry uses industrial water chiller can stabilize the molecular structure of electronic components in the production line, improve the qualification rate of electronic components, and apply it to the ultrasonic cleaning industry to effectively avoid the damage caused by the dissolution of cheap detergent;
4. Food industry equipment need to use an industrial water chiller, It is used for adjusting heating after food processing, to adapt to environmental carton rejection, in addition, it can effectively control the temperature of fermented food, etc;
5. Industrial water chiller will be used in the electroplating industry, control the electroplating temperature, reduce the density and smoothness of the plated parts, prolong the electroplating cycle, improve the production efficiency and improve the product quality;
6. Chemical fiber industry uses industrial water chiller for freeze-drying air to ensure product quality;
7. In the construction industry, cold water from an industrial water chiller for concrete is supplied to make the molecular structure of concrete suitable for building rejection and effectively strengthen the hardness and toughness of concrete;
8. Vacuum coating machines always use an industrial water chiller to control the temperature of the vacuum coating machine, to ensure the high quality of plated parts.
Industrial water chillers are generally used for large capacity applications, where the boring heat and noise generated by air-cooled chiller creates a problem.
This is the most advantage of the industrial water chiller. So for some certain industrial cooling processes, and industrial water chiller is your water cooling partner.
If you are looking for a good quality industrial water chiller manufacturer,
if your plant or machine needs a reliable cooling water source from an industrial water chiller,
You are coming to the right place, TopChiller is your primer industrial water chiller supplier.
Please contact TopChiller sales and tell all your detailed requirements to get the best price and industrial water chiller solution.
TopChiller: Your Best Industrial Water Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier In China
In terms of industrial chillers, there are two types of industrial chillers- industrial water chillers and industrial air chillers.
The big difference between an industrial water chiller and industrial air chiller is the condenser type.
Compared with industrial air chiller using air-cooled type condenser, but industrial water chiller using a water-cooled condenser.
Today we are talking about the industrial water chiller machine here.
An industrial water chiller is more effective in cooling efficiency because using a water-cooled shell and tube-type condenser should work with a Cooling Tower and Condenser Water pump.
So that when you intend installed a Water Cooled Chiller, you need also consider when a cooling tower and condenser water pump are already or not, or where the customer requires the optimum efficiency of power consumption.
Industrial water chillers require condenser water treatment to eliminate mineral buildup. Mineral deposits create poor heat transfer situations, that reduce the efficiency of the unit.
If this industrial water chiller is installed nearby the sea, the circulating water should be saltier than tap water and well water. We must consider the water-cooled condenser should be anti-crossing material like Titanium tubes.
TopChiller provides all models of industrial water chillers to your Industrial Process.
We provide a complete range of industrial water chiller design and manufacturing from standard models to complete customized chiller systems up to 400 tons.
Industrial Water Chiller: A Complete Buying Guide from TopChiller
- What is an industrial water chiller?
- How does industrial water chiller work?
- The difference between industrial water chiller and industrial air chiller
- The main components of an industrial water chiller
- What are industrial water chillers used for?
- How to maintenance your industrial water chiller?
- Why TopChiller can be your reliable industrial water chiller manufacturer?
Chapter 1: What is an industrial water chiller?
An industrial water chiller is a mechanical device that provides chilled water with constant temperature, constant current, and constant pressure.
An industrial water chiller refers to a water chiller that is used for industrial applications or industrial processes.
The working principle of the industrial water chiller is to inject a certain amount of water into the water tank of the machine and cool the water through the chiller refrigeration system.
Usually, there is a built-in water pump inside the industrial water chiller, The water pump then powered the low-temperature cooling water to the equipment that t wants to be cool.
The chilled water from the industrial water chiller takes the heat away and then raises the temperature and then returns to the water tank, and then cools the water through the refrigeration system.
The cooling water temperature can be automatically adjusted according to requirements, and long-term use can save water. Therefore, a water chiller is standard energy-saving equipment.
There are various industrial water chiller models in terms of cooling capacity, compressor type, and cooling methods.
But which industrial water chiller model is suitable for your business? just send your water chiller inquiry to TopChiller, we are willing to give free design and quotation.
Chapter 2: How does an industrial water chiller work?
How does industrial water chiller work? This refers to the working principle of an industrial water chiller.
In an industrial water chiller system, The refrigeration cycle starts with a low-pressure liquid/gas mix entering the evaporator.
In the evaporator, heat from the process water or water/glycol solution heats the refrigerant, which changes the refrigerant from a low-pressure liquid to a low-pressure gas.
Then the low-pressure gas enters the compressor where it is compressed to high-pressure gas. The high-pressure gas enters the water-cooled condenser, condensing water removes heat to cool it to a high-pressure liquid.
The high-pressure liquid travels to the thermal expansion valve, which controls how much liquid refrigerant enters the evaporator, thereby beginning the refrigeration cycle again.
For an industrial water chiller using a water-cooled condenser, water from a cooling tower cools and condenses the refrigerant.
Chapter 3: The difference between industrial water chiller and industrial air chiller
As mentioned previously, there are two types of industrial chillers- industrial water chiller and industrial air chiller.
But what’s the difference between an industrial water chiller and industrial air chiller?
Let’s have a simple comparison of both as below:
The biggest difference is the condenser type.
There are two types of condensers used in industrial chillers, air-cooled chiller, and water-cooled chiller.
For industrial air, the chiller uses ambient air to cool and condense the hot refrigerant gas back down to a liquid. It can be located inside the chiller or can be remotely located outside, but ultimately it rejects the heat from the chiller to the air.
But for industrial water chillers, water from a cooling tower cools and condenses the refrigerant. An industrial water chiller should work together with a cooling tower and circulation water pump for heat reject purposes.
Based on the above different condenser types, we can conclude industrial water chiller is more efficient in cooling than an industrial air chiller.
Chapter 4: The main components of an industrial water chiller
There are some key components in an industrial water chiller such as Compressor, evaporator, water-cooled condenser, expansion valve, dry filter, water cooling tower, and refrigerant.
What’re the functions of these components playing in the industrial water chiller? Let’s have a look:
Compressor: Compressor is the first important part of an industrial water chiller. We always call compressor is the heart of an industrial chiller unit.
The compressor is the core component of the entire refrigeration system and the source of refrigerant compression. Its function is to convert the input electrical energy into mechanical energy to compress the refrigerant.
Evaporator: The evaporator in an industrial water chiller is a heat exchange device that relies on the evaporation (actually boiling) of the refrigerant liquid to absorb the heat of the cooled refrigerant.
Its function in the refrigeration system is to absorb heat (or output cooling). To ensure that the evaporation process can be carried out without undue delay.
It is necessary to continuously evacuate the evaporated gas with a refrigeration compressor to maintain a certain evaporation pressure.
There are two types of evaporator: brazed plate heat exchanger and shell$tube heat exchanger.
water-cooled condenser: As we referred to above, the biggest difference to tell air chiller apart from water chiller, is the condenser type.
Industrial water chiller using a water-cooled condenser.
This water-cooled condenser acts to output thermal energy and condenses the refrigerant during cooling.
After the high-pressure superheated steam discharged from the refrigeration compressor enters the condenser, all the heat is absorbed in the working process, including the heat absorbed from the evaporator and the refrigeration compressor and in the pipeline.
It is transferred to the nearby and taken away by condensing water, then the high-pressure superheated vapor of the refrigerant recondenses into a liquid.
We usually use a shell and tube condenser for an industrial water chiller.
Expansion valve: The expansion valve plays an important part not only in industrial water chillers but also in air chillers.
The thermal expansion valve is both a flow regulating valve in the chiller refrigeration system and a throttle valve in the refrigeration device.
The expansion valve is installed between the drying filter and the evaporator in the refrigeration device, and its temperature sensing package is wrapped in evaporation.
At the exit of the device. Its main function is to reduce the pressure of the high-pressure normal temperature refrigerant liquid when flowing through the thermal expansion valve, and become a low-temperature low-pressure refrigerant wet steam enters the evaporator, vaporizes in the evaporator.
For the expansion valve, we always use the Danfoss brand thermal expansion valve.
The selection of the thermal expansion valve plays an important role in the performance of the industrial water chiller.
The correct selection of the thermal expansion valve will maximize the use of the evaporator and always match the evaporator with the heat load.
The thermal expansion valve is one of the four components of an industrial water chiller and is an important device for regulating and controlling the flow and pressure of refrigerant into the evaporator.
But how to select the right expansion valve for the industrial water chiller?
There are some useful tips as below:
- Selection of thermal expansion valve
The selection and installation of thermal expansion valves are very important. Only the correct selection and installation can ensure the normal operation of the unit. Therefore, when selecting the thermal expansion valve, we can use the appropriate size of the thermal expansion valve according to the size of the evaporator load and the evaporating temperature. The capacity of the commonly used thermal expansion valve is about 20% larger than the evaporator heat load. For small chiller refrigeration systems, gas-filled thermal expansion valves are generally used. Most of the medium-sized chiller refrigeration systems use adsorption-filled or mixed-filled thermal expansion valves.
- Thermal expansion valve installation
1. The thermal expansion valve is installed in front of the evaporator of the industrial chiller and is usually installed in a vertical position. Considering the ease of installation and maintenance, the cooling loss is small and should be as close as possible to the inlet of the evaporator.
- 2. The working condition of the thermal expansion valve for industrial chillers has a direct relationship with the installation position of the temperature sensor package. Because the thermal expansion valve completely adjusts the opening size of the expansion valve by the temperature change of the temperature sensing package. The temperature sensing package is installed on the pipe at the outlet of the chiller evaporator.
- 3. As the evaporator outlet pipe grows, its superheat gradually increases. Therefore, the position of the thermal expansion valve temperature sensing package is directly related to the amount of fluid supplied from the expansion valve. Generally, the temperature sensing package is installed at a distance of 1.5 m from the suction port of the compressor. When the liquid supply amount cannot meet the system requirements, the screw of the expansion valve must be adjusted to adjust the liquid supply amount.3. When the temperature sensor package of the thermal expansion valve is installed, it is required to be in close contact with the suction pipe. The contact surface is required to be clean, the thermal resistance is small, and it is not affected by external temperature and other factors. The temperature sensing bag and the return air pipe are generally fastened with metal clamps and bolted. At the same time, the heat insulation layer and the moisture-proof insulation layer should be wrapped outside the temperature sensing package and the pipe to reduce the external disturbance so that the thermal expansion valve works stably and is sensitive.
- If the thermal expansion valve does not match the water chiller refrigeration system, the refrigerant flow rate of the system will be reduced for a long time, so that the cooling capacity of the thermal expansion valve is large and small. When the cooling capacity is too small, the evaporator will supply insufficient liquid and generate excessive heat, which will adversely affect the performance of the unit system. When the cooling capacity is too large, it will cause shock, intermittently make the evaporator supply excessive, causing the compressor’s suction pressure to fluctuate drastically, and even liquid refrigerant enters the compressor, causing liquid hammer (wet stroke).
The drier filter is another important part of an industrial water chiller.
In the industrial water chiller refrigeration cycle, it is necessary to prevent the ingress of moisture and dirt (oil, iron filings, copper scraps), etc.
The source of moisture is mainly the trace amount of water contained in the newly added refrigerant and lubricating oil, or the air due to the inspection system.
If the moisture in the system is not cleaned out, when the refrigerant passes through the throttle valve (thermal expansion valve or capillary), the water will solidify into ice due to the pressure and temperature drop, which will obstruct the passage and affect the normal operation of an industrial water chiller.
Therefore, a drier filter must be installed in the industrial water chiller.
water cooling tower: The industrial water chiller must work together with a cooling tower to achieve a good cooling performance.
The cooling tower is a device that uses water as a circulating coolant to absorb heat from a system and discharge it into the atmosphere to lower the water temperature.
The cooling source is used to exchange cold and heat with water and air to generate steam, which is volatilized by steam.
Take away the heat to achieve the principles of evaporative heat dissipation, convective heat transfer, and radiation heat transfer to dissipate the waste heat generated in the industry or in the refrigeration and air conditioning to reduce the water temperature of the evaporative heat sink.
A cooling tower for an industrial water chiller will ensure the normal operation of the water cooling system.
The refrigerant is a cooling medium that completes the industrial water chiller refrigeration cycle by thermal changes in the refrigeration device.
The refrigerant is vaporized and vaporized in the evaporator, and the mechanical energy consumed in the compressor is compressed into high temperature and high-pressure gas, and the heat is condensed in the condenser.
Then the pressure is reduced by the throttle mechanism, and the liquid is supplied to the evaporator by the low temperature and low-pressure liquid to achieve cooling.
Chapter 5: What are industrial water chillers used for?
Industrial water chillers are necessary refrigeration machines for industries that can provide constant cooling water for whatever heat occurs.
Industrial water chillers are widely used in various industrial applications:
Plastic industry: Industrial water chiller for the plastic industry will accurately control the mold temperature of various plastic processing, shorten the cycle of beer and plastic, and ensure the stability of product quality.
The electronics industry uses an industrial water chiller will stabilize the molecular structure inside the electronic components on the production line, improve the qualification rate of electronic components, and apply it to the ultrasonic cleaning industry to effectively prevent the damage caused by the volatilization and volatilization of expensive cleaning agents.
Industrial water chiller applied in the electroplating industry will control plating temperature, increase the density and smoothness of plating parts, shorten the plating cycle, improve production efficiency and improve product quality.
The industrial water chiller used in machine tools can control the pressure oil temperature of the oil pressure system, stabilize the oil temperature and oil pressure, prolong the oil quality use time, improve the efficiency of mechanical lubrication and reduce wear.
For the construction industry, and industrial water chiller will provide the chilled water for concrete used to make the molecular structure of concrete suitable for construction, and effectively enhance the hardness and toughness of concrete.
An industrial water chiller can also be sued for cooling vacuum coating, industrial water chiller will control the temperature of the vacuum coating machine to ensure the high quality of the plated parts.
In the food industry, we always use an industrial water chiller for high-speed cooling after food processing to adapt to packaging requirements. There is also a temperature for controlling the fermented food.
For some pharmaceutical industries and other medical equipment, and industrial water chiller is mainly used in the pharmaceutical industry to control the temperature control of fermented drugs.
Pharmaceutical enterprises should make full use of the industrial water chiller, continue to strengthen technological innovation based on exerting their advantages and enhance the cost performance of the industrial water chiller to better serve the pharmaceutical sector.
Chapter 6: How to maintenance your industrial water chiller?
To buy a good quality industrial water chiller is the first important thing, But to do regular maintenance for your industrial water chiller is another important thing.
There are some tips on how to maintain your industrial water chiller:
1. If it is not an emergency, do not turn off the industrial water chiller by cutting off the main power.
2. When the industrial water chiller malfunctions and stops, first turn off the main power switch of the machine (the alarm light will go out) and then check the cause of the fault. Do not force the water chiller to boot before the fault is eliminated.
3. To extend the industrial water chiller service life and prevent the occurrence of safety accidents, your water chiller must be checked regularly.
4. The water used in industrial water chillers should be well treated. The high alkaline water quality will intensify the corrosion of the copper tube and reduce the life of the heat exchanger.
The PH of the water used is in the range of 7.0-8.5.
5. Keep the industrial water chiller location room dry, clean, and well ventilated, this will help your water chiller keep a good cooling performance.
6. The daily operation, management, and maintenance of industrial water chiller are performed by professionals with professional skills.
(It is dangerous to disassemble or inspect when an industrial water chiller is running, please be careful!)
There is some regular problem happened when operating an industrial water chiller, Please follow below step for troubleshooting:
Filling the refrigerant
When there is a gas/refrigerant leakage, You will judge it from the performance of the low-pressure gauge. Your industrial water chiller will also give a low-pressure alarm error.
If this problem happened, we need to recharge some refrigerant into your industrial water chiller.
How to refill the refrigerant to your industrial water chiller?
Please refer to the below steps:
Unscrew the lid of the liquid thimble valve and connect the air tube of the vacuum pump to the liquid ejector valve for vacuuming.
This process takes about 1-3 hours. After the vacuum is completed, the gas pipe of the refrigerant tank is connected to the liquid addition ejector valve, and the refrigerant is added to the return gas pipe to monitor the weight change of the electronic scale, and the refrigerant is stopped when the rated weight is poured, (the liquid refrigerant is strictly prohibited when the power is turned on).
In the power-on state, the high-pressure gauge shows a pressure of approximately 13-15 bar, and the low-pressure gauge shows a pressure of approximately 3-5 bar.
The industrial water chiller adopts a shell-type condenser. After a long time of use, the inside of the heat transfer tube accumulates scale, which affects the heat transfer effect.
The condenser should be cleaned regularly to keep the industrial water chiller in good working condition.
If the cooling water has already been used to do the purification treatment, it is recommended to first use hydrogen peroxide to remove the bath.
After the high-pressure water gun is rinsed, check the water-free scale. After pickling, it must be passivated. The passivating agent can be purchased for related treatment.
When your industrial water chiller is not used or stored in an environment below 0 °C, the pipeline should be disconnected, the front end of the chiller should be raised, and the water in the condenser should be drained.
This kind of industrial water chiller adopts a shell-and-tube evaporator. After a long time, the outer side of the heat transfer tube accumulates scale, which affects the heat transfer effect.
The evaporator should be cleaned regularly to keep the machine in good working condition.
Chapter 7: Why TopChiller can be your reliable industrial water chiller manufacturer?
Industrial Water Chillers
TopChiller offers a variety of water-cooled chillers that suit a wide range of industries.
Water-cooled chillers and water cooling chiller systems absorb heat from process water and transfer it to a separate water source such as a cooling tower, river, pond, etc.
Industrial water-cooled chillers are generally used for large capacity applications, where the heat generated by air-cooled chillers creates a problem.
They are also considered when a cooling tower is already in place, or where the customer requires optimum efficiency of power consumption.
Water-cooled chillers require condenser water treatment to eliminate mineral buildup. Mineral deposits create poor heat transfer situations, that reduce the efficiency of the water-cooled chiller unit.
If you are seeking a good quality industrial water chiller supplier for your business?
If your existing industrial water chiller always having a problem, you are looking for a new water chiller manufacturer for your industrial process?
If you want a reliable industrial water chiller supplier for your plant?
You are coming to the right place, TopChiller is your first choice in the industrial chiller.
TopChiller is a professional industrial water chiller manufacturer since the year of 1999.
With 20 years of industrial refrigeration system experience, TopChiller has a full range of cooling capacity and models for industrial water chillers.
TopChiller wins a high reputation in the market because we are offering high-quality industrial water chillers, superior customer service, full-time technical support.
Of course, there are plenty of cheap chillers on the market, but the brands we carry represent superior value and TopChiller also wins its high reputation among end-users worldwide.
Please contact our refrigeration engineering team to help you select the right industrial water chiller and quotation for your application.
Industrial Water Chiller-The Ultimate FAQ Guide by TopChiller
An Industrial Water Chiller is a device that controls and normalizes the temperature of your industry so that all the operations can run smoothly and well.
Several processes in the major industries are based on temperature management.
An increase in temperature in the production area in the industries can disturb the whole production process and damage the quality of production.
As the consequence, the image and reliability of the industry in the market are compromised. To avoid all these losses and threats to the industry, choosing a proper Industrial Water Chiller is very important.
All the above problems are solved with the installation of it in your industry. Let’s dig deeper into it in the below article.
- What is an Industrial Water Chiller?
- What are the Features of an Industrial Water Chiller?
- How does an Industrial Water Chiller work?
- What are the Major Components of an Industrial Water Chiller?
- Why do you Need an Industrial Water Chiller for your Industry?
- What are the Major Applications of an Industrial Water Chiller?
- How to Choose a Perfect Industrial Water Chiller for your Application?
- What is the Cost of an Industrial Water Chiller?
- How to Increase the Working Efficiency of your Industrial Water Chiller?
- What Are the Most Suitable Environmental Conditions for your Industrial Water Chiller?
- What are the Installation Instructions for an Industrial Water Chiller Properly?
- What are the Mistakes That Should Be Avoided while Operating your Industrial Water Chiller?
- How to Maintain your Industrial Water Chiller Properly?
- How to Troubleshoot your Industrial Water Chiller?
- FAQ of Industrial Water Chiller
1-What is an Industrial Water Chiller?
It is a chilling device used to cool down the atmosphere around the industries where proper management of temperature is an important factor for a successful production.
The basic rule behind chilling is the transformation of excessive heat content from one area to the outdoor area.
This heat extraction ultimately decreases the temperature and makes the surroundings feasible for the process, and the people working in the process.
Industrial Water Chiller is being utilized worldwide by the industries. These industries include all the small to big industries, where heat control is necessary.
For example, in a tool-making industry, several basic processes involve mechanical work that results in the huge production of heat as a by-product of the process.
This heat is accumulated in the area will adversely affect the other machines, people, and enterprises.
Industrial Water Chiller with several features that make temperature control more easily and gives many extra benefits.
With average cost, it produces huge benefits in terms of quality production, time-saving, energy savings, etc.
With simple and proper maintenance, it will last longer giving the maximum chilling efficiency for your industry.
2-What are the Features of an Industrial Water Chiller?
It possesses several features that are truly beneficial for the industry.
These features allow you to complete your process with more efficiency and perfection along with many other additional benefits. These features are further discussed below.
- Greater Working Efficiency:
The innovative design and modern technology in the face give much more chilling efficiency to your process. Although regular maintenance is needed to keep efficiency at its optimum.
This improved efficiency will make your process more perfect and production with more quality.
- Precision and Perfection:
The internal algorithm and structure are made with a design that results in high precision and more perfect control.
You can expect a very less amount of reading, data errors. You can input the set-point of temperature and your Industrial Water Chiller will maintain it with detailed control.
- More Durable and Sustainable:
The design is very compact, made with high-grade materials. This design will not allow any kind of leakage or fault for a longer time.
All the parts, small to big are made with chemically stable, corrosion, and rust-resistant materials. It has more enhanced durability and longer life.
It saves a lot of costs as you don’t need any kind of repair and replacements for a long time.
- Small Noise levels:
The operation of the Industrial Water Chiller is very quiet. All the rolling and rotating parts, like a fan, condenser, etc are made with a smooth design that does not create much noise.
The noise produced by it is very low and below the 73dBA that is a bearable and safe limit for the people working around it.
- Energy Saver Design:
The power input requires an average power source to run properly. A low amount of electricity is needed to run it properly. This saves your energy and all over the cost of the process is decreased.
- Clean and Eco-Friendly:
An Industrial Water Chiller does not use any kind of hazardous chemicals or substances for its chilling operation. This makes it a clean and safe device.
The major liquid used is water that is safe for the people and the environment. All the operation of it is eco-friendly and does not produce any kind of hazardous gases, or substances that can degrade the ecosystem.
3-How does an Industrial Water Chiller work?
The working principle depends upon the function of that device. In the working principle of Industrial Water Chiller, the basic function is the extraction of heat from one place to another.
An excessive amount of heat is driven into the condenser and circulated to eliminate excessive heat from the back-side of the Industrial Water Chiller.
The heat is transferred to the outer atmosphere and ultimately the chilling is produced. The whole working cycle can be divided into 3 interconnected phases discussed below.
- Refrigerant Circulation Around the System:
The liquid refrigerator in the evaporator absorbs heat from the water and begins to evaporate. Finally, a certain temperature difference was created between the refrigerator and the water.
The liquid refrigerator also turns completely into a gas state, then inhales and is compressed by a compressor (increased pressure and temperature).
A gas-cooled refrigerator releases heat through a condenser and stores the liquid.
After hitting hard with an expansion valve (or capillary), it turns on a low-temperature refrigerator with low pressure and enters the evaporator, completing the refrigeration distribution process.
- Water Circulation through the System:
The water pump is responsible for pumping water from the water tank to the equipment that will be cooled by the Industrial Water Chiller.
After the heat is removed with cold water, the temperature rises and returns to the cold water tank.
This circulation is the process where the heat extra heat content is eliminated to create the desired range of temperature.
- Electrical Automatic Control System:
Includes power control, system performance, input decoding, and working on giving instructions to create chilling.
The power supply component supplies power to the compressor, fan, water pump, etc.
The automatic control component includes temperature control, device delay time, transmission, and other functions, which can automatically stop and protect the water temperature.
4-What are the Major Components of an Industrial Water Chiller?
The type and number of components may differ. The major components are the Compressor, Condenser, Evaporator, Expansion Valve, Power Panel, control unit, and Water Box.
These components are discussed in detail.
- The Compressor:
The compressor is the most vital component and it creates a pressure difference to move the refrigerant around the system.
There are various designs of refrigerant compressors, most commonly centrifugal, screw, scroll, and reciprocating type compressors.
Each type has its pros and cons.
Compressors can have excessive noise, usually a deep sound with a clear sound, hearing protection should be installed when you are close to an Industrial Water Chiller.
- The Condenser:
The condenser is located behind the compressor and in front of the expansion valve assembly.
The purpose of the condenser is to remove heat from the refrigerator in the evaporator.
Cooling water condensers will repeatedly “Condenser water” between the cooling tower and the condenser.
A hot refrigerator entering the condenser from the compressor, will transfer its heat to the water being transferred to the top of the cooling tower and disposed of in the industrial area.
- The Expansion Valve:
A single or more expansion valve is located between the condenser and the evaporator.
Its purpose is to enlarge the refrigerator to reduce its pressure and to increase its volume which will allow it to absorb unwanted heat from the evaporator. There are many types of expansion valves.
- The Evaporator:
The evaporator is located between the expansion valve and the compressor, the purpose is to collect unwanted heat and transfer this to the refrigerator for transmission to the cooling tower.
The water cools as the heat is removed from the refrigerator, the cold water is then pumped around the industrial area to provide ventilation, and this cool water returns to the evaporator.
- The Power Control Unit:
The power unit is mounted directly on Industrial Water Chiller or can be separated and mounted on the wall of the plant room with electrical wires running between them.
The purpose of the power unit is to control the flow of electrical energy. These usually have a starter, circuit breakers, speed controller, and power monitoring equipment.
- The Controls Unit:
The control unit is usually installed on the Industrial Water Chiller. Its purpose is to monitor the various aspects of the operation and to control them by making adjustments.
The control unit will generate the alarms of the developer teams and securely shut down the system to prevent damage to the unit.
- The Set of Water Boxes:
Water boxes are installed in evaporators and condensers. The purpose of the water box is to direct the flow and separate the inlet and outlet.
5-Why do you Need an Industrial Water Chiller for your Industry?
In industries around the world, no process is 100% efficient. The efficiency of production depends upon several important factors.
Among these factors, one is the proper management of the temperature of the process. Excessive and unbearable temperatures can damage the machines, products, and resources.
A high temperature will affect the productivity of the workers as well. An Industrial Water Chiller is the device that is the solution for this temperature management deadlock in the industries.
Apart from these, it has many benefits. Its safety factor is one of the unique features that is desired by every industry.
Giving a suitable temperature makes the surroundings suitable for the workers and working productivity is increased. It provides constant heat and pressure to your industrial process.
Energy efficiency reduces the cost of water use which can be very expensive and environmentally friendly.
An Industrial Water Chiller through its features offers a wide range of benefits and saving to an industry using it.
6-What are the Major Applications of an Industrial Water Chiller?
Following are the industries where it is used as a crucial part of the production process. Some of the most common industries are mentioned below.
- Screw, Nuts, and Tool Manufacturing:
Small tools like screws, nuts, bolts, etc manufacturing industries produce a huge amount of heat as a result of operations.
An Industrial Water Chiller is used to control the heat content and make the process bearable.
- Injection Molding Industries:
Injection molding, extrusion, rolling, etc are the industries where rods, bars are produced in bulk. The heat released in these processes is in excessive quantity.
- Plastic and Polymer Manufacturing:
Melting, boiling and other heat-based operations are the base of polymer and plastic manufacturing. The use of an Industrial Water Chiller becomes important in these industries.
- Chemical Plants:
Different types of chemical plants go through some operations where heat control is necessary, and it is used to regulate this heat so that process can be completed smoothly.
- Vehicle and Automotive Parts Manufacturing:
Vehicle parts manufacturing involves several operations like cutting, grinding, sharpening, etc. these processes increases heat content due to the mechanical nature of operations.
Heat content is needed to be controlled under the bearable limit. Hence an Industrial Water Chiller is used to perform this job.
7-How to Choose a Perfect Industrial Water Chiller for your Application?
Several specifications and properties can be considered before buying it. These specifications ranging from cost to maintenances are introduced in detail below.
- The Total Cost:
The cost of an Industrial Water Chiller is crucial as it adds to the total cost of process and product. You must decide the range and affordable cost before buying it.
- The Power Requirements:
The power source must be checked and it should match with the existing source of your industrial plant where it is going to be installed.
- Reliability of the Manufacturer:
The reliability and image of the manufacturer in the market are important factors to be considered here.
Buy it from the manufacturer with a good trusted image, as it will provide a quality product for your industry.
- Chilling Capacity:
This is the most important factor to be considered. You should know the chilling needs of your industry and select an Industrial Water Chiller that can match your chilling requirements.
- Type of Maintenance required:
Having high maintenance costs will increase the cost of your operation. To make your process economic, select the Industrial Water Chiller with the lowest maintenance costs.
- Ease of Installation:
There should be no complex installation that requires a huge amount of time, money, and personals.
- The Materials and Durability:
The material should be of high quality. Like, the metal parts should be made of stainless high-grade steel and aluminum.
Plastic parts should of hard, and compact characteristics. Other materials should be of the best quality so that they can last longer.
For this, you must obtain all the information about the materials, parts, their quality, and life before buying it.
- The Level of Noise:
Noise level factor is vital for the health and safety of the workers working around an Industrial Water Chiller. Select the one with the noise level range below the safety limit.
- The Control Unit Specifications:
The control unit is the heart of it. As it controls all the operations from flow rate management to the chilling every instruction is given through the control unit.
Select a good control unit that has enough control options needed for your applications.
- Safety Alarm System:
Safety alarms can be really useful in case of any kind of accident or hazard. An Industrial Water Chiller with a built-in safety alarm should be preferred over the conventional ones.
Various types of safety alarm systems are available with different designs. Select the one that works best for you.
8-What is the Cost of an Industrial Water Chiller?
The cost of it depends upon the design, types, compressor types, and so many other factors. Generally, the higher the chilling capacity, the higher will be the price.
But, nowadays the price depends upon other features too. The price of an Industrial Water Chiller can range from the lowest of USD 1000 to the highest rate of around USD 50,000.
USD 4000-6000 is the average price range in which it can be managed with good quality and performance.
9-How to Increase the Working Efficiency of your Industrial Water Chiller?
Increasing working efficiency is an art and requires practice, study, and many things to achieve this. However, efficiency can be increased by following some rules and regulations, given below.
- Keep the tubes, and other parts clean. Every part plays a vital role in inefficiency. Keep the parts healthy, and the working efficiency will be increased.
- Keep the filters clean. Cleaning should be done all the time.
- Keep changing filters where it gets old.
- Keep records of daily performance. This record can be used to evaluate the performance and make suitable changes to increase efficiency.
- Your power source should be stable and stable.
- Use your Industrial Water Chiller below the capacity limits. Using it for cooling higher than capacity will decrease its efficiency.
- Proper handling and operation are very necessary to maximize efficiency. Improper operating will cause the working efficiency to decrease over time.
- All the maintenance practices, rules, regulations, and guidelines should be followed strictly.
10-What Are the Most Suitable Environmental Conditions for your Industrial Water Chiller?
The moisture content present in the area around it is very important for its cooling efficiency. The humidity should be as low as possible. As it works best in a dry environment.
Clean it before using it for the first time in the summer and before setting it up for inclement weather. You will also need to do mid-season testing.
Industrial Water Chiller is a great, green way to save money to save your entire space comfortably during the summer.
11-What are the Installation Instructions for an Industrial Water Chiller Properly?
Installation is easy for it, as it comes with the easiest installation features. Some certain simple guidelines can be followed to install it properly and start your process without wasting time.
These steps are given below in the sequence;
Step 1: Buy an Industrial Water Chiller from reliable manufacture.
Step 2: Arrange proper and safe handling of the plant.
Step 3: Select the most suitable location.
Step 4: Make the location clean and ready for its installation.
Step 5: Make the ground vibration-free.
Step 6: Inspect the Industrial Water Chiller for any kind of fault or broken side, etc.
Step 7: Unpack carefully and start installation following the instructions given by the manufacturer.
Step 8: You may seek the help of a technician or expert for better installation.
Step 9: Plugin the power source and start the control unit.
Step 10: Run a 30-minute cycle to check its chilling before actually applying it in the major process.
12-What are the Mistakes That Should Be Avoided while Operating your Industrial Water Chiller?
It is very important to be careful while operating it. Any kind of mistake can cause loss to the process and itself.
Following are some of the common mistakes that should be avoided while working.
- No one should be allowed to work without proper training before working. Suitable training should be given to all of the workers before allowing them to work on Industrial Water chillers.
- PPEs should be made compulsory for all people. Gloves, Glasses, Coats, Aprons, etc should be worn by all the workers working around it.
- No worker should be allowed to implement his or her technique to increase efficiency.
- Workers should follow the standard instruction and guidelines only to operate Industrial Water Chiller.
- The flow rate should not be increased to increase the chilling speed. It will cause damage to the whole system.
- Maintenance should be done on regular basis.
- Do not use it for a long time without a proper break. Shut it down once a month for a break to refresh.
- Environmental conditions should be proper and suitable.
13-How to Maintain your Industrial Water Chiller Properly?
Proper maintenance consists of several guidelines and instructions to be followed. Below are some of the guidelines that are the most common and useful ones.
These guidelines should be followed properly to keep your Industrial Water Chiller safe, sound, and healthy.
- Regular checking is the most important and very first step for maintenance. By this, you come to know how it is working. Is it working properly or not?
- It includes the visual inspection and inspection by the proper use of some equipment like; magnifying glass, etc.
- Monthly monitoring should be conducted to check every part of the Industrial Water Chiller. This monitoring is done to check that every part of it is working properly.
- Daily care should be done. This care includes; careful operating, etc.
- Keep it leakage-proof. Apply proper gules, adhesives, etc to the parts where the risk of leakage is higher.
- Workers should be trained about the operating protocols and practices. Training can be simple consisting of a couple of hours.
- Training will make them aware and better maintenance will be performed by the workers.
- Always use clean, freshwater. Contaminated water usage can cause several problems like corrosion, rust, cocking, etc.
- The refrigerant should of good quality. Poor quality refrigerant will damage your Industrial Water Chiller.
- There should be proper ventilation from the backside where excessive heat is extracted to another area.
14-How to Troubleshoot your Industrial Water Chiller?
- Preliminary Inspection for Any Fault:
The very first step in any kind of troubleshoot operation should be the advanced inspection and care for your Industrial Water Chiller.
In case of any kind of problem, the first step is to inspect the whole device for any kind of visual fault.
Proper care and daily inspection will make you avoid many kinds of small to big problems in the future.
- Chocking and Clogging of Tubes:
Clogging and chocking of tube assembly can occur due to many reasons. One of the most common reasons is the use of contaminated water.
The dust, particles, organic compound in water accumulate in tubes and ultimately blocks them. It can cause a huge decrease in chilling efficiency.
Open the assembly and clean it with a brush, cloth, and suitable chemical cleaner.
- Tripping of Filters:
Filters keep Industrial Water chillers clean and free from any kind of dust and other external particles.
Tripping of filters can be because of their old age, long usage, and improper maintenance. Clean the filter if necessary or otherwise change the filters to the new one for better performance.
- Leakage in the System:
Any kind of leakage will fail the whole operation. Any tinny leakage should be repaired as soon as possible.
Leakage can be repaired with the use of certain recommended waterproof glues, adhesives, etc.
- Low Chilling Efficiency:
The low chilling efficiency of an Industrial Water Chiller can be because of several reasons. Chocking, clogging, tripping, and leakage of internal parts are some of the major reasons.
In this case, find any visual fault and repair it as soon as possible. Otherwise, consult the help of an expert technician for proper repair and problem-solving.
- Internal Corrosion and Rust:
Corrosion and rust can be because of contaminated water usage. The use of improper and hazardous chemicals can also cause corrosion.
Use suitable corrosion inhibitors, to keep your device corrosion-free. Do not use hazardous chemicals and always use clean and fresh water.
- Where it is not Working at All:
The major reasons for this kind of problem are power source failure. Check the power source and wiring for any kind of fault. Consulting an electrician will be necessary in this case.
FAQ of Industrial Water Chiller
- What type of Water is suitable for your Industrial Water Chiller?
Water should be free from excessive amounts of any chemical, physical or biological contamination.
- Why Industrial Water Chiller Becomes Noisy?
Noisy can only occur in case of any fault. Majorly, faults in the fan, tubes, etc create excessive noise. Get it inspected and repaired immediately.
- Is Industrial Water Chiller System Waterproof?
It is made to withstand spills and attacks of water and other chemicals. But, always try to avoid the spilling of water as it may cause power failure and other kinds of unwanted problems.
- Why Sometimes Faulty Results Are Showed in your Industrial Water Chiller?
It can be due to any kind of fault in the Control Unit. Get it repaired by an expert. Proper calibration should be kept of thermocouples for accuracy in the results.
- How to Maintain Filters of your Industrial Water Chiller?
Filters should be cleaned on regular basis. In case of any fault get it repaired. Change the filters twice a year for better efficiency.
- Can a Single Person Operate Industrial Water Chiller Properly?
One trained person with enough experience is enough for the proper running of the Industrial Water Chiller.
- How Much Space does Industrial Water Chiller Need for Installation?
It depends upon the design but it does not need a large space. It is a space-saving device.
- How to Add Water to your Industrial Water Chiller System?
Water can be added automatically or manually, depending upon the design.
- Can your repair your Industrial Water Chiller on your own?
Some minor problems can be solved with a simple toolbox and basic instructions. The major and complicated problem should be solved with the help of a proper technician.
- What Type of Environment is Suitable for your Industrial Water Chiller?
Surrounding with less amount of humidity is more suitable for the efficiency of an Industrial Water Chiller.
- In Which Weather Industrial Water Chiller System Works More Efficiently?
In the winter season, it works to its maximum efficiency, as the total load is reduced by environmental conditions.
- What if The Industrial Water Chiller is Overloaded with Refrigerant?
It will create the load and increase the flow rate and pressure. The efficiency will decrease and ultimately a fault will occur in it.
- What is the Average Life of Industrial Water Chiller System?
The average life of an Industrial Water Chiller is 15 years. Depending upon the maintenance, this lifetime can increase or decrease.