TopChiller Industrial Glycol Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China
- Cooling capacity ranges 2 ton to 150 ton
- Temperature control ranges 40°F to 65°C
- World-class efficient scroll compressor
- Chilled glycol flow rate up to 680LPM
- Air-cooled & water-cooled condenser
- Stainless steel brazed plate evaporator
- Easy installation, low cost of maintenance
- Warranty up to 24 months after purchase
Your Reliable Industrial Glycol Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China Over 20 Years
Industrial Glycol Chiller is a refrigeration-based cooling machine that is used to provide cooling and maintain the temperature for efficient working of wineries and breweries by using chilled glycol as a refrigerant.
TopChiller is the most reliable and desiring manufacturer and supplier of Industrial Glycol Chiller in China working over years with ingenious experience.
TopChiller is the foremost professional company of China offering a variety of Industrial Glycol Chiller sizes and cooling levels to address the needs of industrial applications since 1999.
The main constituents of Industrial Glycol Chiller are hermetic scroll compressor, glycol as refrigerant, heat exchanger, air/water-cooled condenser, water pump, flow pressure controller, power supply, and protection devices, etc.
Industrial Glycol Chiller is used for a varied number of industrial applications as: Wineries, kombucha production, medical industries, ice rinks, pharmaceuticals, cider mills, food and beverage, dairy milk, cold beverages distilleries, laboratories, semiconductors, fermentation manufacturing processes, etc.
Are you sourcing for high quality, optimal temperature-maintaining Industrial Glycol Chiller manufacturer in China?
You need not to looking way around. Make contact with TopChiller professional experts and engineers to get facilitated about technical support as well as buying assistance of the best Industrial Glycol Chiller.
Features and Advantages
- Industrial Glycol Chiller is installed with coolant glycol mixture having chilling capacity, ensures the instant and continuous cooling of wort before entrance into fermentation chiller preventing the killing of temperature-sensitive enzymes.
- TopChiller designed Industrial Glycol Chiller is used for industrial applications requiring chilled temperature mostly below 5°C as ice rinks, and breweries configured by the rugged, compact stainless steel design having lower temperature tolerance.
- Industrial Glycol Chiller is featured with a consistent and steadfast performance by the use of glycol coolant mixture preventing freezing of fluids and ensuring optimal performance.
- PLC-based temperature controller regulates the exact temperature of industrial processing, preventing the taste of is temperature-sensitive breweries products from spoiling by killing unwanted microbes efficiently.
TopChiller teams satisfy our customers without taking much time and enable a client to select the best Industrial Glycol Chiller at reasonable costs.
|Type||Shell and tube type/Plate type heat exchanger|
|Power Source||3PH～380V/415V/480V～50HZ/60HZ(3PH～200V/220V 50HZ/60HZ)|
|Compressor||Type||Hermetic scroll ( piston )|
|Condenser||Type||Efficient finned copper tube with aluminum + low noise external rotor fan|
|Safety protection||Compressor inner protection, over current protection, high / low pressure protection, over temperature protection, flow rate protection, phase sequence/phase missing protection, low level coolant protection, anti freezing protection|
The above specifications are according to the following design conditions:
1, Chilled water inlet/outlet temperature difference 3℃/8℃.
2, Cooling air inlet/outlet temperature 30℃/38℃
Industrial Glycol Chiller Configuration Table
|Oil pressure gauge (high low)||HONGSEN||TAIWAN|
|Dryer filter||EMERSON /ALCO||USA|
TopChiller Free Service and Technical Support
As a professional chiller manufacturer for over 20 years, TopChiller is always happy to provide our free service and technical support accessible to our clients before, during, and after-sales. If you need any help, welcome to call us or send your inquiry to our email. These free services and technical support include；
- Listening to your detailed chiller requirements and giving your best chiller solution for your applications based on our rich experience.
- If you have no idea about how to size your chiller model or cooling capacity, it’s not a big issue, Just tell us your specific cooling demands, we will guide you to select the right economical chiller model.
- 7*24 online service, If you have any problem with the chiller, you may call us or send an email, we are always here to support you.
TopChiller Standard Warranty Time
After purchasing the TopChiller product, you are our valued customers in the TopChiller ERP system.
We will do regular tracking service and Your chiller has up to 24 months warranty time after installation and commissioning,
If your chiller is down, you can contact TopChiller for support to solve your problem. Once we received your message, Our service technician on duty will contact you as soon as possible.
TopChiller Start-up & Commissioning
TopChiller also provides the additional service of start-up or commissioning of your chiller. You’d better before scheduling your start-up, it is important that the proper installation procedures have been followed and the chiller is ready.
TopChiller technician will guide you on how to start up your chiller when your chiller is ready, besides this we have full sets of paper works including the Chiller installation manual, operation manual, electrical drawing for you.
Free Replacement Spare Parts
Providing free replacement spare parts for TopChiller is the best customer service in the industry to support you when you are sourcing replacement parts.
We have most parts are in stock and available for next-day shipment for your chillers.
If you want to have some replacement spare parts, just provide us with your chiller serial number and model number to expedite the sourcing process.
Better to have the nameplate and pictures of your chiller for our reference. This will help us find the proper replacements at the earliest time.
6 Points Why TopChiller Is Your Best Industrial Glycol Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China?
Industrial Glycol Chiller-An Ultimate Buying Guide by TopChiller
A lot of heat is released during the industrial process, It is necessary to control this extra heat to maintain the temperature of the industrial area.
Industrial Glycol Chiller is the ideal refrigeration solution to overcome this overheating issue.
Industrial Glycol Chiller helps in getting rid of a large amount of heat very quickly. This makes it suitable to be used in industries for controlling excessive heat as this heat ultimately results in equipment damage.
This guide will take you through the working, benefits, and applications of an Industrial Glycol Chiller to know more about it. So, without any further delay, let’s get started.
- What is an Industrial Glycol Chiller?
- What are the Characteristics of an Industrial Glycol Chiller?
- Which Main Components are Used in the Construction of your Industrial Glycol Chiller?
- What is the Working Principle of an Industrial Glycol Chiller?
- What are the Most Common Industrial Glycol Chiller Applications?
- What are the Requirements of Using an Industrial Glycol Chiller for your Applications?
- What to Consider When Picking the best Industrial Glycol Chiller for your Applications?
- How Using an Industrial Glycol Chiller is Beneficial?
- How to Boost your Industrial Glycol Chiller Working Efficiency?
- What are the Main Steps Involved in the Installation of your Industrial Glycol Chiller?
- How to Run your Industrial Glycol Chiller?
- Which Safety Measures you Must Consider When Using your Industrial Glycol Chiller?
- How to Maintain your Industrial Glycol Chiller for your Applications?
- What are the Most Common Industrial Glycol Chiller Problems and their Solutions?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Industrial Glycol Chiller?
Industrial Glycol Chiller is a refrigeration system that cools down fluids temperature in a short time with the help of excellent heat transfer properties of glycol.
Glycol helps lower the freezing rate, which ultimately leads to maintenance of temperature consistency for the optimal working of the Industrial Glycol Chiller.
Glycol also has antibacterial properties which prevent the growth of bacteria inside the tubes and tanks.
This is why Industrial Glycol Chiller needs less maintenance compared to other chillers used in the industry.
Glycol is mixed with water for running smoothly through the Industrial Glycol Chiller pipes and prevents freezing of pipes in extreme low weather temperature conditions.
Industrial Glycol Chiller is used in various industries due to its high chilling efficiency. The refrigerant of an Industrial Glycol Chiller improves the chilling results by possessing high heat absorbing nature.
Industrial Glycol Chiller Designed by TopChilller
What are the Characteristics of an Industrial Glycol Chiller?
An Industrial Glycol Chiller has multiple characteristics that help in the smooth working process, improve efficiency and enhance cooling performance. These characteristics include:
- Weatherproof casing and built-in self-supporting galvanized steel sheet for robust body construction.
- Polyester paint for water and humidity protection and preventing rusting and corrosion.
- Low load requirement for the optimum working of the refrigerant
- Dual compressors have excellent capacity control performance and soft starting properties
- Noise insulation jackets for ensuring smooth and noise-free operation.
- Variable speed drive installation feature to improve performance and offer maximum efficiency.
- Adjustable electronically commutated fans for adjusting fan speed according to your application
- Leak detector to indicate the extremely high fluid level and leakage.
- Touch screen control pad along with remote access for monitoring the system.
- Alarm light and buzzer to show alertness regarding any sort of unfavorable condition.
- Emergency backup control is featured with pressure switches to control extreme pressure situations.
Industrial Glycol Chiller Touch Screen
Which Main Components are Used in the Construction of your Industrial Glycol Chiller?
Various components combine to form an Industrial Glycol Chiller which are:
The main role of the compressor is to compress the low pressure and low temperature refrigerant gas into high pressure and high-temperature gas.
A reservoir is installed to improve the flow rate of the fluid. It also maintains the temperature of the water when a load is provided to the circuit.
The condenser works to remove heat from the compressed refrigerant gas and converts it into a liquid state under the influence of high pressure.
- Filter Drier
It helps in the removal of contaminants and moisture from the refrigerant.
- Solenoid Valve
The flow of the refrigerant to the evaporator is controlled by the compressor.
Solenoid valve works with coordination to the compressor cycles: it opens when compressor cycles on and closes when compressor cycles off.
- Refrigerant Sight Glass
Refrigerant sight glass helps in checking the refrigerant charge and also indicates the moisture content.
When observing the refrigerant charge, follow these indications: clear liquid flow for full refrigerant charge and bubbles for a low refrigerant charge.
For checking the moisture content, observe the color of the element, which is green under normal conditions.
But if the color turns yellow, it is an indication of moisture contamination. This is when you must replace your filter drier with a new one to avoid contamination in the future.
- Expansion Valve
It prevents the liquid from entering into the evaporator and also builds a pressure drop in the refrigerant to start the vaporization process.
It works as a heat exchanger, which evaporates the refrigerant for absorbing heat from the fluid for chilling it.
- Capacity Control System
It matches the Industrial Glycol Chiller capacity for maintaining the temperature balance and preventing compressor short cycling.
- High/Low-Pressure Switch
It maintains the optimum usage operating conditions for maximum efficiency of the refrigeration system. You can adjust this switch as per the chilling demands.
The high-pressure switch is already set and must not be disturbed if you want your Industrial Glycol Chiller working properly.
Its main purpose is to protect against excessive high-pressure damage.
The low-pressure switch can be adjusted according to your chilling application and protect the Industrial Glycol Chiller when working below the refrigerant freezing point.
- Liquid Receiver
A liquid receiver is a unit installed below the condenser which functions in receiving and storing the refrigerant coming out of the condenser.
Industrial Glycol Chiller Expansion Valve
What is the Working Principle of an Industrial Glycol Chiller?
The working of an Industrial Glycol Chiller involves the circulation of cold fluid that comes out of the refrigeration unit to the target area, which is the freezing unit.
Multiple compressors and a heat exchanger are also installed in it that is mainly responsible for cooling liquid glycol. This cooled glycol then works for cooling the freezing units.
A constant outlet temperature is maintained by adjusting the cooling capacity as per the temperature and glycol rate.
With the help of this adjustment, you can also control the energy consumption of the pump when working on a partial load.
These pumps are designed to provide optimum efficiency even when working on half load. This saves power consumption, ultimately cutting down on the operational cost.
Also, there is an additional buffer tank fitted in an Industrial Glycol Chiller that helps in the cooling process by allowing additional system capacity for the prevention of excessive cycling.
This also saves down the cooling time and results in maximum performance.
It is also helpful in unexpected temperature changes for ensuring maximum protection and efficiency of the Industrial Glycol Chiller.
Unfortunate temperature changes have a strong impact on the working and construction of the Industrial Glycol Chiller.
What are the Most Common Industrial Glycol Chiller Applications?
Industrial Glycol Chiller has a wide range of industrial applications, some of which are:
- Fermentation Process Control
During fermentation, when the yeast starts consuming sugar, heat is produced as a result.
This heat generated can reach excess value if left uncontrolled. An Industrial Glycol Chiller plays a role in controlling this heat.
Industrial Glycol Chiller offers cold room cooling essential for the prepackaging of alcoholic beverages.
- Wort Cooling
Wort is boiled for sterilization and stability purposes. As a result, heat is produced. This is why Industrial Glycol Chiller is used to cool wort so that it can be moved to the final beer processing stages.
Industrial Glycol Chiller Applications
What are the Requirements of Using an Industrial Glycol Chiller for your Applications?
For using an Industrial Glycol Chiller for your application, follow these requirements:
- Check the Condenser
Inspect and clean the condenser. Examine and erase all kinds of dirt and other residues which are built up inside. Inspect the condenser fins thoroughly.
Use compressed air less than 30 PSI in different directions of airflow.
Tidy up the outdoor air filter of your Industrial Glycol Chiller, so you can watch it out. Fix out the glycol mixture and the quality of water. Check the fluid filters and the strainers.
- Inspect the Fluid System
Evaluate fluid system for the leakage, pipe fittings or hoses, cracked or chapped plumbing parts.
- Inspect the Voltage and Current Flow
Check the current flow and voltages. Readings should be +/- 10% of the nameplate. The maximum difference should be -/+ 2% of each phase.
- Inspect the Mechanical Components
Check out all the mechanical components. The discoloration is a sign of high fluid on the motor.
See the chances of metallic sounds or unwanted noises. Check out all the lubrication fillings and fill them if needed.
- Check Out All Wirings.
Check all the wiring and make sure that the switch is off. See all the damaged and reduced coatings or un-recommended grounding.
- Check Out All the Refrigeration Systems.
Inspect the refrigeration system check the inside for evidence of refrigeration leaks
- Check out All the Pump Seals.
Pump seals are designed to have some leakage to promote a long seal life. A tiny amount of leakage is normal.
Industrial Glycol Chiller Electrical Connection Checking
What to Consider When Picking the best Industrial Glycol Chiller for your Applications?
While picking the best Industrial Glycol Chiller, look for these points:
- High cooling capacity
- Lower power consumption unit
- Size compatibility to your industrial application
- Stainless steel material construction
- Equipped with modern technology and control features.
How Using an Industrial Glycol Chiller is Beneficial?
Using Industrial Glycol Chiller is beneficial in multiple ways; let us see how:
- The material used in construction has a high tensile strength which offers increased durability.
- Glycol has anti-freezing properties, due to which it doesn’t freeze under low-temperature conditions.
- It can be operated and controlled from a remote location too.
- It is small-sized, which makes it easy to fit in less space.
How to Boost your Industrial Glycol Chiller Working Efficiency?
It is a must to gain maximum efficiency of your Industrial Glycol Chiller for your industrial applications to get the maximum output in less time. To improve the efficiency, follow these steps:
- Never Use Automotive Antifreeze
Since automotive antifreeze is designed for engine cooling rather than process or industrial cooling, it can create flow rate/pressure issues as well as decreased heat transfer when used incorrectly.
Many antifreeze additives for automobiles are not glycol-based and often include alcohols, as well as silicate-based inhibitors, which can coat heat exchangers, and form a gel, reducing flow speeds greatly.
- Only Use Inhibited Glycol
Glycol and water mixtures that have not been inhibited are highly toxic, much more than regular tap water.
Blockers, as well as a pH buffer and a biocide, are used in the manufacturing of modern Industrial Glycol Chiller to minimize scale forming and rust.
Until inserting an appropriate inhibited glycol and water mixture, a device must be thoroughly washed, wiped, and cleaned to ensure contamination-free activity.
- Don’t Mix Glycols
Glycol of different styles and labels should not be combined. Many modern glycols have metabolites and are color-coded to make them easy to identify.
Incompatibilities can cause separation and/or reaction, resulting in gel-formation that clogs filters, strainers, and pump suctions, as well as degrading heat-carrying and transfer properties.
- Be aware of the Effects of Antifreeze on a System
One of the most effective pumped fluids for absorbing and transporting heat is plain water. When some other chemical is applied to it, however, this potential is harmed.
The heat capacity and volume flow rate will increase as glycol is added, and the heat transport and heat-carrying properties will decrease.
These property improvements will not impair the overall efficiency of your chilling plant and device if they are known and addressed ahead of time.
Although, they will result in a slightly decreased cooling capability, increased pumping power usage, and a slightly increased fluid temperature difference.
Industrial Glycol Chiller Inhibited Glycol
What are the Main Steps Involved in the Installation of your Industrial Glycol Chiller?
For the installation of an Industrial Glycol Chiller, follow these steps:
- Read the instruction manual received with your Industrial Glycol Chiller carefully.
- Organize all the attachments and tools required.
- Assemble the parts as mentioned in the steps.
- Choose your preferable installation site and install it with the help of the manual directions.
Read the Instruction Manual Before Industrial Glycol Chiller Installation
How to Run your Industrial Glycol Chiller?
For running your Industrial Glycol Chiller, follow this guideline:
- Ensure that there are no cracks or breaks in the wires.
- Open power supply to the Industrial Glycol Chiller circuit.
- Adjust the control settings according to your chilling demands.
- Turn on the power, and your Industrial Glycol Chiller is all started.
Which Safety Measures you Must Consider When Using your Industrial Glycol Chiller?
There are a few things that you must take care of when dealing with an Industrial Glycol Chiller. These things include:
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment when handling glycol, specifically ethylene glycol, as it can damage your skin.
- Ingestion of ethylene glycol can even lead to death.
- Make sure to be careful when building electrical connections of the Industrial Glycol Chiller.
How to Maintain your Industrial Glycol Chiller for your Applications?
Industrial Glycol Chiller is durable for many years depending upon how well it is maintained with its equipment. Follow these guidelines for best maintenance:
- Carry out a regular inspection.
- Maintain proper working records.
- Keep your Industrial Glycol Chiller clean and lubricated.
- Replace damaged and inefficient parts immediately.
Industrial Glycol Chiller Regular Inspection
What are the Most Common Industrial Glycol Chiller Problems and their Solutions?
The most common problems often faced when working with an Industrial Glycol Chiller are:
The Unit does not Start.
- Switch on the electricity: Make sure the main power is on.
- The main telephone line is open: Fuse boxes should be checked.
- Terminals that are not tightly linked: Power off and tighten terminals.
- There is an open control circuit: Test the transformer and control voltage fuses.
The Compressor Does Not Start.
- Examine the contacts and the activity of the compressor.
- Low voltage: Monitor the voltage at both the primary end and the device. Increase wire size if the voltage is OK at the main end but poor at the device.
The voltage must be within 10% of the nameplate rating.
- No power: Check the fuses in the control panel as well as the key. Test the unit’s wiring, as well as the main plant’s fuse and wiring.
If the issue is with the plant’s main power source, notify the local power utility.
- Insufficient condenser airflow: Check for debris in the condenser filter; the fins may be overloaded with dirt or foreign material. Check for proper fan rotation as well.
- Fan motor not operating: Check the fuses and wiring, the engine starter and overloads, and the motor. If the engine is down, it can be repaired or replaced.
- Improperly set high-pressure control: If the control is incorrect, restore or repair it.
Restriction in the liquid line.
- A clogged filter drier: Monitor for temperature or pressure changes, then repair the drier.
- Liquid line solenoid not opening fully or leaking during off-cycle: Fix or uninstall the valve if it is faulty.
- Expansion valve plugged or inoperative: Look for damage to the thermal bulb and capillary hose. Restore or uninstall it if it is faulty.
Low or No Process Pressure or Flow
- Valves: Check to see if any valves are available.
- Pump: Check the rotation of the pump. Check for a blockage in the pump’s suction. If the engine is down, it can be replaced.
- Filters: Check the glycol circuit filter and clean it if possible.
- Fuses and wiring: Test the fuses and wires.
Cooling Capacity Inadequate
- Low refrigerant charge: Be sure there’s enough refrigerant in the system. If the charge is low, search for leakage and reload it.
- Hot-gas bypass valve stuck open: Restore or uninstall it if it is faulty.
- Expansion valve plugged or inoperative: Check for damage to the thermal bulb and capillary hose.
- Plugged filter: Clean the collector in the circuit.
Industrial Glycol Chiller Troubleshooting
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Glycol in an Industrial Glycol Chiller?
Glycol is an antifreeze that is used as a coolant in an Industrial Glycol Chiller. Glycol is well-known to have excellent heat transfer and cooling properties.
What are the Types of Glycol Used in an Industrial Glycol Chiller?
There are two main types of glycol used in an Industrial Glycol Chiller, which include ethylene and propylene.
The main features of these glycol types are that ethylene glycol possesses good thermal performance while propylene glycol has non-toxic nature.
Is Glycol Good for Corrosion Prevention in Industrial Glycol Chiller?
Yes, glycol is good for corrosion prevention in Industrial Glycol chillers because it contains inhibitors that protect against corrosion.
How does Glycol Affect the Temperature of an Industrial Glycol Chiller?
The presence of glycol in an Industrial Glycol Chiller lowers the freezing point of the liquid. This decrease in the temperature saves the time required for heat transfer.
How Low Glycol Levels Affect your Industrial Glycol Chiller?
Low glycol levels often lead to freeze-up in your Industrial Glycol Chiller, which is damaging for the pipes and other internal components.
When to Change the Glycol Solution in an Industrial Glycol Chiller?
For the proper maintenance of your Industrial Glycol Chiller, you must change its glycol solution once a year.
What are the Adverse Effects of Using Ethylene in your Industrial Glycol Chiller?
Ethylene is not used in an Industrial Glycol Chiller because it is toxic to humans and can cause multiple physiological problems on ingestion. High ethylene consumption can also be fatal to humans.
For this reason, it is not recommended to use ethylene in industries where there is a possibility of contamination of drinking water or food products.
What is the Correct Glycol to Water Ratio in an Industrial Glycol Chiller?
The correct glycol to water ratio in an Industrial Glycol Chiller is 1:2, i.e., one part of glycol is taken for every two parts of water for preparing the final solution.
You can measure the solution with the help of a glycol refract meter.
What is the Lowest Operating Temperature of an Industrial Glycol Chiller?
The lowest operating temperature of an Industrial Glycol Chiller is five degrees Fahrenheit.
This temperature is dependent upon several factors such as the amount of liquid being cooled, the heat load, the goal temperature, and the surrounding environmental conditions.
What is the Standard Reservoir Range of an Industrial Glycol Chiller?
The standard reservoir range of an Industrial Glycol Chiller is 1.25 to 3 gallons. On a bigger scale, this range can also be extended up to 30 gallons.
How Many Pumps can be Installed in an Industrial Glycol Chiller?
Due to the size limitations of an Industrial Glycol Chiller, the glycol bath installed in it covers a limited space only.
So the best recommendation, in this case, is to introduce only two specific lines of glycol pumps for the best cooling results and efficiency.
Does an Industrial Glycol Chiller Need Ventilation?
Yes, ventilation is a must for proper heat transfer in an Industrial Glycol Chiller. It will not show efficient performance if kept in any congested area like a closet or cabinet.
In the chilling process, the excess heat is removed from the liquid and distributed to the surrounding air. If this air gets saturated and accepts no more heat coming out from the Industrial Glycol Chiller, the cooling is stopped.
What is the Most Suitable Installation Environment for an Industrial Glycol Chiller?
The most suitable installation environment for an Industrial Glycol Chiller is the outdoor area, usually on a concrete pad.
You can also install it on the rooftop by making sure that the roof can bear its operating weight.
100% Quality Tested Industrial Glycol Chiller