Whatever Type of Industrial Chiller,
TopChiller Can Fulfill the Chiller Solution for You.
- 20 years of industrial chiller manufacturing experience: TopChiller have rich experience of industrial chiller manufacturing
- 18 months warranty time: Each industrial chiller from TopChiller having 18 months warranty time
- Energy efficiency compressors: All industrial chiller using high cooling efficiency branded compressors
- Technical support& Training service: TopChiller can give Industrial chiller installation&commission guide
- 8 Hours troubleshooting: In case of any industrial chiller error, TopChiller make quick response 8 Hours
- Lifetime service: Once purchased TopChiller industrial air chiller and water chiller, provide whole lifetime service
Why TopChiller Can Be Your Reliable Industrial Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier
Industrial Chiller: Your Premier Manufacturer&Supplier
Of Industrial Chillers
Industrial chiller is the water cooling system used for cooling industrial processes or various industrial applications.
TopChiller is your professional industrial chiller manufacturer and industrial cooling system solution provider with over 20 years of experience.
TopChiller is supplying a complete line of all industrial chillers with steady quality and good cooling performance.
There are two types of industrial chillers- industrial air chiller and industrial water chiller as below: Industrial air chillers include packaged chiller and portable air chiller with capacities from 1ton up to 120 tons.
AC-series industrial air chillers designed by TopChiller, are equipped with scroll compressors, integral pumps, water tanks, and air-cooled condenser.
But a closed-loop industrial chiller system like a plate heat exchanger or shell and tube are also available in the industrial chiller depending on your specific requirements.
Which kind of evaporator adapting, this is a common question during the industrial chiller buyer.
Let me tell you how to select the right evaporator type for your industrial chiller:
The evaporator type depends on types of industrial chiller and project site requirements, if there is an external water tank in your plant or onsite water pool, you need to choose the plate heat exchanger or shell and tube heat exchanger as the evaporator for your industrial chiller.
But if there is no water tank or water pool along with your machine, you must go for the build-in water tank for your industrial chiller.
From 20 years of experience of sizing and solution for clients, most applications need a build-in water tank industrial chillers.
So there are also 2 types of industrial air chiller- closed-loop industrial air chiller and open-loop industrial air chiller.
Industrial air chillers should be installed in open, well-ventilated areas to ensure good cooling performance.
Before you install it outdoors, make sure your industrial chiller features a weatherproof design for considering in case of any rainwater.
High-quality industrial chiller designed and manufactured by TopChiller features some outstanding advantages as below:
1. Our industrial chiller uses top brand compressors imported from the USA and Japan featuring energy efficiency, stable quality, low noise and long service time, these good quality compressors are providing the constant cooling power for your industrial process.
2. Both condenser and evaporator of our industrial chiller are specially designed featuring good quality and good heat exchanging performance to ensure the outstanding running status of our industrial chillers.
3. Our industrial chillers are fully charged environment-friendly refrigerants including R407c, R134a, and R41oa, these refrigerants are based on your detailed requirements and industrial working situation.
4. Industrial chillers made by TopChiller are compact design, easy operation, and installation, also easy to clean and do maintenance to save your time and cost.
5. Each Industrial Chiller from TopChiller is engineered, designed, and manufactured to meet your exact specifications. We take the time to fully understand your process and the special needs and requirements. With a thorough understanding of your process, we are then able to develop for you a system that will provide you an efficient and economical process temperature control solution.
You will benefit a lot by using an industrial chiller to cool your process:
Industrial chiller is easy to operate, reasonable in design, and excellent in quality, with hundreds of specifications, which is indispensable for modern industrial production.
Industrial chillers are used to control products, mechanisms, and plant mechanical cooling from all walks of life.
Our industrial chillers are commonly used in injection molding and blow molding of the plastics industry, metalworking cutting oil, welding equipment, die casting and machining, chemical processing, pharmaceutical formulation, food and beverage processing, paper making, cement processing, vacuum system, X-ray diffraction, power supply and power station, analysis equipment, semiconductor, compressed air, and gas cooling.
These are some typical applications of industrial chillers:
1. CNC machine: Industrial chiller will improve the accuracy of carving by controlling the temperature of the spindle
2. Thermoforming equipment: By using an industrial chiller can improve the surface and molding quality of injection parts by controlling the temperature of the mold
3. Analytical instrument: Industrial chiller will keep the electron microscope at a lower temperature, the service life of the microscope is prolonged, and the measurement stability is improved.
4. Laser processing equipment: Industrial chiller is used for controlling the temperature of the laser, keep the laser cavity free of thermal deformation, stable output power, and beam quality, and provide the service life and cutting accuracy of the laser.
5. UV equipment: Industrial chillers can keep the stability and durability of the UV light source by controlling the temperature of the UV-LED lamp.
As a professional industrial chiller manufacturer, TopChiller has exported thousands of high-quality industrial chillers. The cooling capacity of these industrial chillers is 5ton,10ton,15ton,20ton,25ton,30ton, 50ton, 60ton, and up to 80ton.
Our industrial chillers are mainly exported to the Philippines, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Chile, Mexico, Costa Rica, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, South Africa, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Spain, Italy, etc.
If you are looking for a good quality industrial chiller supplier?
If you want to buy a high cooling performance industrial chiller for your plant?
TopChiller is your first choice because Industrial chiller made by TopChiller features high-efficiency, high-durability, and space-saving.
please do not hesitate to contact the TopChiller sales team to get the best price offer with an industrial chiller solution.
TopChiller: Your Premier Industrial Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China
Industrial chillers: TopChiller offers industrial water chillers and industrial air chillers, with refrigeration capacities from 2ton to 200 tons 7.5KW to 750KW.
Generally, the industrial chiller is equipped with scroll compressors, integral water pumps, a buffer water tank, and a condenser. A closed-loop system like stainless steel plate heat exchanger or shell and tube heat exchanger are also available.
This depends on cooling equipment and project site requirements. So there are also 2 types of an industrial chiller – closed-loop industrial chiller and open-loop industrial chiller.
As a professional Industrial Chiller manufacturer, our industrial chiller systems have served various industries applications like a brewery, food processing, CT scanning and MRI medical, low-temperature industries, comfort cooling and refrigeration, plastic, welding, etc.
TopChiller offers over 20 years of experience designing and building process industrial chillers for your industrial applications.
Our industrial-grade process chillers come as a complete packaged unit so they can be simply dropped in place and turned on.
The internal tank helps maintain cold water temperature to ±1°F to prevent spikes in temperatures no matter how many of your processes are operating.
TopChiller has experience in designing Industrial chiller systems whether you are cooling bio-fuels or multiple pieces of equipment.
Here at TopChiller, we understand that you rely on us to keep your industrial processes chilled so we build reliable solutions for each and every cooling application.
We provide all technical support and the best industrial chiller solution to clients worldwide.
TopChiller brand industrial chillers take the heat so you don’t have to. Please contact our refrigeration expert for the custom industrial chiller to promote your business.
Industrial Chiller: The Complete Buying Guide from TopChiller
What is an industrial chiller and how does it work?
An industrial chiller is a machine or refrigeration system used in industrial sectors to cool process water, products, mechanisms, machinery, etc.
Industrial chillers will remove heat from the process water and transfer it to air via a heat exchanger.
Components of an Industrial Chiller:
Basically the mechanical compression cycle of an industrial chiller has four basic components through which the refrigerant passes:
(1) the evaporator (2) the compressor (3) the condenser (4) the expansion valve.
The evaporator in the industrial chiller will operate at a lower pressure and lower temperature than the condenser.
An industrial chiller works in a closed and open loop. In the evaporator, the liquid refrigerant flows over the evaporator tube bundle and evaporates.
In this process, the heat chilled water or process water is circulating through the bundle.
The heat process water carries with it is absorbed by the refrigerant and thus the process water is cooled down before it returns to the industry process, while the refrigerant vapor is pulled to the compressor.
Inside the compressor, the refrigerant is compressed and its temperature and pressure are increased.
And then the high-pressure refrigerant is further driven into a condenser where its heat removed by water or air.
The refrigerant vapor is further condensed and cooled into liquid before it leaves the condenser. When it travels to the expansion valve, its pressure drops and a small portion of the refrigerant boils off.
The boiling off helps cool the remaining refrigerant to the desired temperature before it goes to the evaporator again to complete a cycle.
Compressor-adiabatic compression: compressing medium-low temperature and low-pressure refrigerant into high-temperature and high-pressure superheated steam;
Condenser-condensation (exothermic): The high-temperature and high-pressure gaseous refrigerant is dissipated by heat exchange, and the refrigerant becomes a medium of high temperature and high pressure;
Throttle mechanism – throttling effect: the medium-high temperature and high-pressure liquid refrigerant is turned into a low-temperature low-pressure gas-liquid two-phase refrigerant through throttling;
Evaporator-evaporation (endothermic): When the refrigerant flows through the evaporator, it absorbs heat, and the refrigerant changes into a medium-low temperature and low-pressure gas refrigerant through the action of the heat exchanger;
High and low-pressure controller: high voltage and low voltage protector of the refrigeration system. When the high pressure is too high and the low pressure is too low, an alarm signal is generated.
Oil separator: separating the refrigerant and the freezing oil in the exhaust pipe, the refrigerant continues to enter the condenser along the pipeline, and the separated refrigerant oil is returned to the compressor through the oil return pipe;
Condensing pressure regulating valve: It can adjust the condensing pressure to prevent high-pressure protection caused by excessive condensing pressure and can prevent the pressure difference between the front and back of the throttle structure from being too low.
Refrigerant Reservoir: storage of excess refrigerant in the industrial chiller;
The load of the refrigeration system is not constant.
For example, in low-temperature conditions, the refrigerant circulating in the industrial chiller will be much lower than the refrigerant under normal temperature conditions.
If there is no accumulator at this time, the excess refrigerant will exist. Among the condensers, most of the heat exchange area is occupied;
Dryer filter: As the name implies, it is used to remove moisture and filter impurities in the refrigeration system. This is to prevent the impurities from entering the valve plug and block the expansion valve before the expansion valve.
Types of industrial chillers
Industrial chillers are commonly used refrigeration equipment in the industrial refrigeration industry.
Industrial chillers are characterized by a wide variety of models, complete models, affordable prices, and can be customized and have a wide range of applications.
More importantly, the industrial chiller has high-temperature control precision and a large temperature control range.
Then, what is the temperature control range of the industrial chiller, and how to set the temperature? we will have a classification as below:
1. High-temperature industrial chiller (5~30°C)
This kind of industrial chiller uses a conventional refrigerant to control the temperature between 5 and 30 °C.
That is to say when adjusting the temperature control range, the industrial chiller has a minimum temperature of 5 ° C and a maximum temperature of 30 ° C, which is the most widely used temperature control range in the industry.
However, some requirements are controlled at 3 ° C, which needs to be proposed and determined in the production of industrial chiller solutions.
2. Medium temperature industrial chiller (0~-15°C)
Water will freeze at 0 °C, which is a common-sense for both the elderly and children. So if the industrial chiller requires zero cryogenic chilling liquid, can this be achieved?
The answer is of course yes.
The temperature of the medium temperature industrial chiller can be set at 0 °C ~ -15 °C, and the brine can be calcium chloride (saline). Or an aqueous solution of ethylene glycol chiller
3. Low-temperature industrial chiller
It can provide low-temperature industrial chillers below -15 °C ~ -35 °C, usually used in chemical and pharmaceutical industries, for reactor cooling or material condensation recovery.
4, deep low-temperature industrial chiller
An industrial chiller that can provide cryogenic chilling fluid below -35 °C, which we call a cryogenic industrial chiller, is a binary cascade or ternary cascade refrigeration system.
so it is also known as a cascade industrial chiller. It can be seen that the temperature control range of industrial chillers is really wide.
Since many customers are using industrial chillers for the first time, they are not very familiar with the method of operation.
In fact, the industrial chiller temperature setting is very simple, each industrial chiller has a control panel, you need to set the temperature, press the set button directly, then press the up and down keys to set the temperature.
However, the types of industrial chillers are different, and the control panels used are different, so the industrial chiller temperature settings are not necessarily the same.
But by chilling types, industrial chillers can mainly be classified into two categories, air-cooled chillers, and water-cooled chillers.
The above three categories can be further classified into three subcategories, namely
- semi-hermetic scroll
- semi-hermetic screw
The above 3 types of compressors driven based on the types of compressors used.
In terms of industrial applied, industrial chillers can be classified as
- plastic chillers
- medical chillers
- laser chillers
- brewery chillers
- plating & anodizing chillers
- glycol chillers
- styrene chillers
- water jet chillers, etc.
There are many other types of industrial chillers in different sectors of the industry.
In working modes, there are center central chillers, individual chillers, portable chiller units.
What are the applications of industrial chillers?
Industrial chillers are widely applied in numerous types of industries with different requirements.
Industrial chillers are commonly seen in the plastic industry, medical industry, printing industry, laser cutting industry, brewery industry, chemical industry, food industry, greenhouse industry, ice rink industry, and more.
Some of the applications have their special requirements due to the properties of the industry or the specialty of the specific machines.
It is wise to contact your industrial chiller supplier to get professional advice and have tailor-made machines for your application.
TopChiller as one of the top-notched manufacturers of industrial chillers in China would be glad to offer their help to you.
Below we shall introduce the most typical applications of industrial chillers for your reference. If you have other special cases that need to use chillers, you can also TopChiller for more information.
3.1 Plastic Industry
As we all know that the plastic industry is a very wide field.
There are more and more types of plastic forming methods and as a result, industrial chillers are used in more circumstances.
Industrial chillers applied in plastic industry is to cool the hot plastic that is injected, blown, extruded or stamped, etc.
An industrial chiller will not only cool down the products but also used to cool the equipment that is used to create plastic products (hydraulics of the molding machine, gearbox, and barrel of the extruder that saves energy and on the wear and tear of the machine itself.)
3.1.1 Injection molding
Industrial chillers can also be used in cooling injection molding machines.
The cooling process is an important part of the molding cycle as the material, melted plastic resin, which has been shot into the mold, has to be cooled and solidify prior to being injected.
Without proper cooling time, there will be likely a large number of defects. And as the cooling time is about 90% of the total cycle time, effective industrial chillers can reduce production time and increase efficiency.
TopChiller has been providing industrial chillers to plastic processing machines for twenty years. TopChiller comprehends the need for injection molding chilling.
Our industrial chillers for the injection molding have below advantages.
1) Reduce scrap rate
A reliable industrial chiller produced by TopChiller supplies proper temperature to cool process water and reduces scrap count.
2) Shorter cooling time
Using an industrial chiller can heat transfer rate reduces the production cycle time and increases the production efficiency.
3) Less maintenance and downtime
A heavy-duty, rugged, reliable industrial chiller can reduce maintenance time and avoid breaking down, and thus increase production efficiency and reduce cost.
3.1.2 Blow molding
You will always see industrial chillers are commonly used in blow molding machines
Bottle-making heavily relies on blow molding. In blow molding, a plastic resin is heated into a liquid state and then pressed through a die head to form a hollow parison.
The parison is enclosed by two mold halves. Heated air is blown into the parison, expanding it to completely line the mold walls.
After that, the mold is cooled to solidify the molten plastic. And finally, the mold is opened and the finished hollow product is ejected.
So in the process, chilling from the industrial chiller is an important link. Cooling time is the longest part of the total blow molding process and is often extended to get the heat from the part all the way through the wall to the mold.
During the cooling process, the internal surface of the hollow part remains at a much higher temperature than the external surface of the part.
The difference between the external and internal surface temperatures causes material stress and poor product quality.
But extending the cooling time slows the production and increases the cost.
TopChiller’s provides you good quality industrial chillers that are energy-saving and can accelerate heat removal.
Our industrial chillers guarantees to reduce material stress and cooling time and increase productivity.
3.1.3 Thermal forming
Industrial chillers can also be used in the thermal forming process.
Thermal forming is mainly used to produce disposable cups, containers, lids, trays, blisters, etc.
In the process, the plastic sheet is heated and then transported through a thermoforming machine, and a mating mold and pressure box enclose the sheet.
A vacuum removes air as the plastic is stretched onto or into a mold, and pressurized air helps the plastic assume the mold’s shape.
An industrial chiller is used to expedite the formation process. A reverse vacuum helps eject the product from the mold.
Finally, the extra plastic was trimmed and the product is finished. Managing the cooling process is just as important as managing the heating process.
A reliable water cooling system can help the machinist gain better control of overcooling time.
Of course, industrial chiller playing a very important role in the extrusion line and plastic extruder.
Extrusion is often used to produce objects of a fixed cross-sectional profile.
Plastic resin is heated and then pushed through a die of a certain cross-section to form the desired shape.
The hot die-cast is usually given a cold water bath to solidify the form. Pipe, straws, film, sheets are produced in this kind of plastic forming process. The plastic extrusion process requires chilled water to function correctly.
To choose the right type and size of industrial chillers for your extruder, you can consult our chiller experts from TopChiller.
3.1.5 Other plastic processing
Besides the above applications, industrial chillers can also be used in other plastic processes.
There are many other plastic processing methods like compression molding, transfer molding, reaction injection molding, stamping, etc.
Most of them need chilling in the manufacturing process. For some special cases there might be special requirements, we would like to offer help to you any time you contact us.
3.2 Brewery, winery, beverage, dairy, bakery food processing
Industrial chillers are the best refrigeration partner for the cooling brewery, dairy and bakery food process.
In breweries, industrial chillers are used to cool down the hot wort to a lower temperature before it is transferred to a fermentation tank containing yeast.
The process of milk, yogurt, and other dairy products include cooling down after the pasteurization process.
Central chilling systems are often used as they are more efficient, reliable and accurate.
In bakeries, industrial chiller is more widely used.
Mixer cooling: a Large amount of heat generated during the mixing process and chilling help control the dough temperature, which is critical to the bakers.
Liquid yeast is stored in a jacketed tank and it is important to control its temperature.
There are many other industrial chiller applications in food processing industries.
Industrial chillers are widely used in cooling medical equipment or medical process.
Medical is the field that Industrial chillers are more and more widely used as technology developed. Besides the typical usage of MRI machines, below is the list of examples of medical equipment that industrial chillers are utilized.
MRI, PET, CT, Digital X-Ray Systems, Medical Lasers, Linear Accelerators, Bolograph Systems, Blood Analyzers, Low Light CCD Camera, etc.
In the medical industry, reliability and safety are top priorities. It’s crucial to choose the best chiller to cool the medical equipment.
Industrial chillers are one of the most efficient ways to cool MRI devices in the hospitals to ensure the machines operate normally. In many hospitals, Industrial chillers are applied in high powered electronics or sophisticated diagnostic tools.
There are many medical machines such as X-ray and MRI machines (Magnetic resonance imaging), which often generate excess heat during operation and these industrial chillers play an important role in cooling down the devices and securing operation smoothness.
TopChiller® industrial chillers are suitable for magnetic resonance imaging, laboratory testing, scanning and blood cooling, etc. As a long-time chiller supplier for many medical facilities, TopChiller® industrial chillers can provide exact performance as medical standards request.
Whether you are in need of an industrial chiller for a CT, MRI, or any other medical machines, your facility will be safe and never be at risk of shutdown or functional failure due to high temperature.
Besides medical equipment, in some of the medical treatment or operations, industrial chillers are also needed.
Cancer Illumination, Cancer Research, Drug Testing, Fat Dissolving, Muscular Healing, Human Body Cooling, Laser Hair Removal, Laser Tattoo Removal, Post-Operative Healing, etc.
3.4 Plasma cutting, Waterjet cutting, Laser, Anodizing & Plating, Biodiesel, Biogas, Die Casting, Hydraulic Cooling, Oil Chilling, CNC, Welding, etc.
Industrial chillers can also be used for cooling plasma cutting, water jet cutting, laser machines, welding, and CNC machines.
Cooling water from industrial chiller is needed in so many fields of heavy industry that we can’t list them all.
Plasma cutting can be seen in automobile manufacturing, custom auto body shop, construction companies, fabricators, locksmiths, etc.
Over-heated plasma torch has to be chilled otherwise it will wear out quickly.
Waterjet cutting is versatile in industries that can cut almost any material including copper, aluminum, brass, stainless steel, pre-hardened steel, mild steel, titanium, glass, ceramic, etc.
A chilling system from industrial chiller can prolong the life of the waterjet machine by cooling down the pump.
Lasers are used for welding, cutting, drilling, engraving. Lasers are operated at extremely high temperatures and must be cooled properly to function at peak efficiency.
Chilling source from industrial chiller can maintain a precise laser wavelength, achieve desired beam quality, reduce thermal stress and get higher output efficiency.
Anodizing is an electrochemical conversion process that changes the outer structure of the metal. Aluminum is the most common material being anodized, but magnesium, titanium, tantalum are also applied.
The process of anodizing generates a lot of heat and thus cooling is absolutely necessary. Air-cooled or water-cooled chillers can be both used in this process.
Welding equipment needs chilling water to function properly. Typical types of welding machines that require chillers are resistance welders, seam welders, butt welders, induction welders.
Die casting is the process of forcing molten metal into mold cavities. Zinc, copper, aluminum, magnesium, lead and tin-based alloys are the material used.
3.5 Light industries
Industrial chillers can also be found in many light industries.
In dry cleaning, laminating, printing, spindle oil cooling, etc., industrial chillers all play an important role.
Most dry cleaning machines use water to cool the refrigerated solvent recovery unit, the solvent distillation unit and the solvent cooler.
Lamination machines produce a huge amount of heat to seal the plastic material around print documents and other productions.
The lamination machine needs chiller water circulating through it to keep it at the desired temperature.
In the printing industry, industrial chillers are used to remove the heat generated by the heated printing rollers due to friction. They also help to cool the paper when it comes out of the ink drying ovens.
Spindle oil has applications in many different industries like automobile making, grinding machines, rolling and welding machines, etc.
Fast-moving precision machines should use spindle oil cooler because they keep a machine moving and extend the life expectancy.
Surely there are many other applications of industrial chillers that are not mentioned above. Industrial chillers play an important role in all applications.
TopChiller has the experience, expertise, and knowledge that could help you choose the right type of industrial chillers, size properly and work out the best industrial chiller solution.
Industrial chiller overheating during processing harmful for end-user side
The problem of overheating in industrial chillers has a serious negative impact on the efficiency of the equipment.
In order to maintain the safety and stability of the industrial chiller, when the industrial chiller is actually used, end-user is required to select the appropriate industrial chiller equipment according to the actual demand, and at the same time, comprehensive maintenance and maintenance of the industrial chiller is carried out regularly, effectively extending the industrial chiller service life
- When industrial chillers are used, industrial chillers have been in an overloaded state for a long time due to a lack of maintenance. Many devices generate a lot of heat due to the high load. In short game time, a large amount of heat cannot be discharged in a timely and effective manner.
- When the heat is accumulated to a certain extent, the damage to the industrial chiller is very large, and even the high-temperature melting of various key line components is caused. Seriously affect the normal use of industrial chillers, and even lead to many more serious consequences.
- Industrial chiller overheating hazard problem of overheating of industrial chillers has a great impact on the stability of the equipment.
- Due to the increase in heat in the temperature environment, many sources of cold are wasted. Under the premise of continuous loss of cold sources, the ability of industrial chillers to reduce ambient temperature is severely limited.
- Many enterprises have caused high efficiency of industrial chillers due to serious high-temperature problems and accompanied by high energy consumption, it has seriously affected the efficient production of enterprises.
- Industrial chiller overheating affects equipment life many companies are unaware of the effects of overheating on industrial chillers. If the temperature of the working environment is high, it will cause a lot of heat to be processed in time and effectively, which will affect the safe operation of the industrial chiller.
- The longer the industrial chiller is in abnormal operation, the greater the damage to the industrial chiller. The enterprise needs to recognize the impact of the good environment on the industrial chiller, so as to avoid the problem of shortening the service life of the industrial chiller. The shortened life of industrial chillers has led to an increase in the cost of equipment used by enterprises, which has affected the stable development of enterprises.
- In order to maintain the safety and stability of industrial chillers, it is necessary to provide a safe and comfortable working environment for industrial chillers. Avoid problems such as high temperatures and other factors that affect the safety of the equipment. Reduce the troubles of various types of faults for industrial chillers.
Issues of installation and commission of industrial chillers
In the actual commissioning process, industrial chillers need to master various skills.
Especially for many projects that must be completed in the debugging process, all the steps are completed in an orderly manner, so as to achieve the effect of ensuring the stability of the industrial chiller. Here are some things to note when debugging an industrial chiller.
- Before starting to commission the industrial chiller, it is first necessary to ensure that the valves of the refrigeration system are under normal operating conditions, especially for the exhaust cut-off valve. Keeping the valve open ensures that the industrial chiller is in an efficient state of operation.
- Before operating industrial chiller, it is necessary to provide suitable voltages for industrial chiller equipment in conjunction with the instructions provided by the industrial chiller plant. If the voltage is too high or too low, it will affect the use of an industrial chiller. It is very important to check whether the voltage meets the standard before debugging.
- To learn to properly use all kinds of safety protection devices in the refrigeration system, various types of safety protection devices can protect the equipment.
- For example, high and low-pressure protection, cold water cutoff protection, safety valve protection, etc., it is safest to complete all the debugging processes under the premise of ensuring the operation of various types of protective equipment.
- In short, mastering the appropriate start-up process ensures that the industrial chiller is in a safe operating environment. The process of a manual start-up requires the user to effectively master the scientific use method, which can reduce the probability of industrial chiller failure.
Industrial chiller alarm and troubleshooting
In the process of using industrial chillers, many problems will cause industrial chillers to alarm.
There are also many ways to alarm, usually light alarms, audible alarms, and code alarms.
According to the different production design of the industrial chiller supplier, the type of alarm that may occur in the same problem is different, but whether it is a light alarm or a sound or a code alarm, it needs to be paid attention to by users.
The most common problem with industrial chillers causing alarms is high and low-pressure alarms. There are many reasons for the low-pressure alarm, which is caused by too much refrigerant charge or related problems.
High-pressure alarms are basically caused by problems such as overheating and insufficient cooling, including insufficient refrigerant or cooling water (water-cooled chiller cooling towers and pumps, pipelines), refrigerant leakage or pipeline blockage, foreign matter, and chiller systems. It causes low flow, slow flow, etc., which eventually leads to alarms and malfunctions.
If the time of the high and low voltage alarm is short or only exists for a few seconds when the power is turned on, it does not need to be taken care of, but some industrial chillers will stop and run when the high-pressure alarm occurs early. So how do users deal with this situation?
- Industrial chillers have high-pressure alarms, mainly related to the cooling water system. The water-cooled unit provides circulating cooling water through the cooling tower. If you forget to open the cooling water valve when you use it, the cooling water can not be recycled to the chiller, high-pressure failure occurs. In addition, check whether the cooling tower is faulty. This results in safe and stable delivery of cooling water.
- This problem can also occur if the cooling water flow is too small, or if the temperature is too high and the heat is not good. The flow rate of the cooling water is small. Check whether the size of the matching installation pipe matches the size of the chiller, or whether the water valve is open to the maximum position. If the temperature is too high, the heat dissipation is not good. For the water-cooled chiller, follow the previous inspection. If it is an air-cooled chiller, we must see if the temperature of the installation environment exceeds 40 °C. If it exceeds, it must be exhausted in time to ensure that the industrial chiller unit is in a well-ventilated environment.
- If the chiller is used for a long time, it will easily cause debris such as scale to accumulate in the pipe wall or the condenser copper pipe. This will inevitably affect the refrigeration cycle system, so the user should regularly perform maintenance work on the chiller.
- Check if the refrigerant is excessive. The industrial chiller will be filled with a good amount of refrigerant before leaving the factory. Therefore, in the absence of refrigerant leakage, the user does not need to charge the refrigerant during use. Too much refrigerant will only affect the unit’s failure to use.
- Whether the expansion valve is open too small. The user can slowly adjust the opening of the expansion valve to troubleshoot.
Industrial chiller installation process
If your industrial chiller arrived at your place, how to do the right chiller installation?
1. Please check if your industrial chiller is damaged during installation, choose the right place for installation and future maintenance.
2. The site where the industrial chiller is installed must be the floor, installation mat or foundation, its level is within 6.4mm, and can withstand the operating weight of the industrial chiller unit.
3. The industrial chiller should be placed in a machine room with a room temperature of 4.4-43.3 ° C. There should be enough space around and above the unit for routine maintenance work.
4. At the end of the industrial chiller, leave a piping space for cleaning the condenser tube bundle, or use a door hole or other suitable hole.
5. Select the water pipe with the appropriate pipe diameter, the cooling system, and the cold water system when the unit is running at maximum power, and connect it correctly.
6. For normal applications, the water flow rate through the evaporator and condenser is allowed to be between 1.0 and 3.6 m/s.
7. The water flow should be stable under any load conditions.
8. All chilled water and cooling water piping should be designed and installed in accordance with conventional methods. The chilled water pump should be located on the inlet pipe of the unit to ensure positive pressure and flow in the chiller unit.
The piping should be provided with a damping tube to ensure proper flexibility and to prevent the evaporator water from being drained when the pump is shut down.
9. The pipe should have strong support independent of the industrial chiller to prevent stress from being applied to the components of the chiller. The hangers are set up to facilitate pipe alignment.
10. To reduce industrial chiller working noise and vibration, it is best to install a vibration isolator on the pipe.
11. In order to use your industrial chiller economically and efficiently, it is recommended that the water treatment expert analyze the water quality of the evaporator and the condenser.
The bad water quality will cause the scale to affect the heat transfer, or cause corrosion and sedimentation, breed organic matter, and affect the performance of the unit. Increase operating and maintenance costs.
12. In general, proper water treatment and periodic cleaning of the bundle can maintain good performance.
If the existing water quality conditions cannot be improved by appropriate methods, then it is necessary to consider allowing the bundle to have a large fouling factor or designation. Special structural materials.
13. Please install a filter at the inlet of the water pipe and clean it regularly.
14. After the test leak is completed, all the nozzles must be rust-proofed.
15. In order to facilitate routine maintenance work, users can take the following (or all) measures:
a) Pressure gauges and globe valves with cocks can be installed on the inlet and outlet pipes of cooling water and chilled water, as close as possible to the chiller;
b) Hanging rails and beams can be placed above the equipment for easy maintenance.
Industrial Chiller Installation Requirements:
1. Before installing the industrial chiller, please choose a stable foundation, open space, smooth and avoid corrosion, pollution, sun, rain, convenient installation and maintenance;
2. Select a matching cooling tower according to the refrigeration capacity of the freezer. The piping of your industrial chiller should be installed according to the size of the fuselage.
Do not reduce the size of the cooling water pipe, which will cause high voltage overload, affect the cooling effect and increase the power consumption;
3. The industrial air chiller must be installed at a distance of more than 1m from the wall to avoid causing high-temperature overload to affect the cooling effect and increase power consumption.
(1) Power supply load and grounding part, please follow the relevant regulations.
(2) The newly installed freezer chilled water pipe must be insulated.
1. The chilled water pump can’t be operated without water in the water tank; (7.5HP or above, the water tank is equipped with water level protection.
When the water level is too low or there is no water in the water tank, the pump will automatically stop running and display the water level fault code and Siren.)
2. Try to avoid continuous switching when operating the switch;
3. When the chilled water temperature reaches the set temperature, the compressor will automatically stop running, which is a normal phenomenon;
4. The temperature switch should be avoided to be set below 5 °C to prevent the evaporator from freezing; (except for low-temperature chiller)
5. To ensure the best cooling performance, clean the condenser, evaporator and water filter regularly.
Note: If there is a fault alarm, please shut down immediately and discharge the fault according to the methods listed in items 7 and 10. Or notify the maintenance personnel in time.
Industrial chiller maintenance
1. Clean the condenser and evaporator regularly to keep your industrial chiller running smoothly;
2. Keep the cooling tower clean and clean regularly, and there should be no debris or other obstacles in the cooling tower;
3. Air-cooled industrial chiller must keep the surface of the radiator clean and clean it regularly to maintain good performance.
In the refrigeration system of industrial chillers, the main function of the valve is to control the flow and direction of the refrigerant.
In daily use, it is also necessary to use the valve frequently. When the industrial chiller needs to be shut down or opened.
A valve is required. Because of its high frequency of daily use, it needs more attention during installation to ensure its normal use without affecting the stable use of industrial chillers.
Let’s know something about the installation steps and precautions for valves in industrial chiller refrigeration systems.
1. The valve should be installed in a place that is easy to disassemble and maintain. When installing various valves, attention must be paid to the flow direction of the refrigerant.
2. When installing flanged valves for industrial chillers, flanges of flanges and valves must be made of high-pressure asbestos sheets. The thickness of high-pressure asbestos sheets should be determined according to the depth of the flanges on the valve.
When the valve is large and the groove is deep, a thick asbestos board should be used to avoid the gap between the concave and convex interfaces between them is easy to have a gap and the sealing is not strict.
When assembling the flange type valve, all the bolts must be evenly stressed. Otherwise, the concave and convex interface is easy to be biased.
3. Install the shut-off valve so that the working fluid flows from the bottom of the valve to the upper part. When installing on a horizontal pipe, the stem should be vertically up or inclined at an angle to prevent the stem from facing down.
If the valve position is difficult to access or the position is high, the stem can be installed horizontally for ease of operation.
4. When installing the check valve for the industrial chiller, ensure that the spool can be automatically opened. For lift check valves, ensure that the centerline of the spool is perpendicular to the horizontal.
For swing-type check valves, the rotation of the valve plug plate should be guaranteed and the valve plug plate must be level.
5. The safety valve should be installed directly on the shut-off valve at the outlet of the equipment. The arrow on the valve body should be consistent with the flow direction of the working fluid.
6. The solenoid valve must be installed horizontally at the exit of the equipment. It must be installed in the position specified in the drawings.
If the solenoid valve is installed in front of the throttle valve, keep at least 300mm between them.
7. The thermal expansion valve in the industrial chiller must also be installed horizontally. Pay attention to the inlet and outlet connections of the valve. Usually, there is a strainer at the inlet end of the valve.
If the thermal expansion valve is well controlled, the position of the temperature sensing package is important. The temperature sensor package should be firmly fixed to the clean suction pipe so that the temperature sensor bag has good contact with the suction pipe.
The external balance tube of the external balance thermal expansion valve should be installed at the lower part of the heat pipe tying section of the return air pipe and the distance from the temperature-sensing bag tying place is 150-200mm.
The temperature-sensing bag should be tied to the horizontal pipe section, and the external balance pipe should be returned from the back. The top of the tracheal horizontal section is taken out.
How to size a correct industrial chiller for your plant?
To select or sizing a correct industrial chiller comes to the first important point.
In industrial production, mechanical equipment generates heat during operation.
If this heat cannot be dissipated in time, it will affect the normal operation of the equipment as well as the quality and production efficiency of the product.
Another situation is that the processed product needs to reach a certain temperature during processing in order to be processed normally or to achieve higher yield and production efficiency.
Then the temperature of the processed product must reach the desired temperature before or during processing.
In this case, we must need an industrial chiller for your plant and process.
But how to size a proper industrial chiller with correct cooling capacity?
Please refer below points:
the cooling capacity
The cooling capacity of the industrial chiller is directly related to the normal use of production equipment and operating efficiency.
If the cooling capacity is too small, the ideal cooling effect cannot be achieved, and the production efficiency is reduced, the operating energy consumption is increased, and the production equipment cannot normal operation so that the production line is shut down.
However, if the selection is too large, the energy is wasted and the operating cost is also increased.
The higher the cooling capacity of the industrial chiller, the higher the price of the chiller.
Therefore, the matching of the cooling capacity of an industrial chiller is very important.
Chilled water volume and water flow rate
The amount of chilled water is the ice water cooled by the industrial chiller, which acts directly on the cooled part, but because of the water flow, it will directly affect the heat transfer effect.
This flow rate is based on the material, density and heat transfer ratio of the part to be cooled.
Calculated, and some equipment is required to cool the flow because the amount of water is not enough to cool down.
Therefore, the water flow is directly related to the operation of the chiller and the cooling effect of the production equipment.
Inlet and outlet of water temperature
When the production equipment or the production raw materials are in production and processing, when cooling is required, there is a temperature difference between the inlet and outlet of the chiller connected to the production equipment.
This temperature difference is the actual heat generated by the production equipment so that it can be quite accurate. we can calculate and select the right industrial chiller model.
The volume, weight, specific heat, and density of the equipment part to be cooled or the raw material for production and processing.
This can quickly and efficiently calculate the cooling capacity of the required industrial chiller.
Also note the time required for the initial temperature of the cooled material to drop to the target temperature, which is also the way to calculate the cooling capacity.
There is also a clear understanding of the highest and lowest temperatures required or affordable for the production equipment or materials to avoid impact on equipment or materials.
What is the cooling medium?
There are many cooling medium in the industrial chillers.
The cooling medium generally includes tap water, ethylene glycol solution, oils and fats, seawater, food and beverage, and the like.
Air-cooled type industrial chiller or water-cooled type industrial chiller?
Although the air-cooled industrial chiller and the water-cooled industrial chiller are both chillers, the cooling method of the industrial chiller itself is different, so the installation method is different.
The air-cooled industrial chiller is more convenient, and the water pipe and the power supply can be operated, but the cooling effect is slightly worse than that of the water-cooled chiller, because the air-cooled industrial chiller is cooled by air, and the air is greatly affected by the ambient temperature.
The group installation location also requires space around your industrial chiller.
The water-cooled industrial chiller is cooled by its own use of water, so the name is a water-cooled industrial chiller.
The water-cooled industrial chiller needs to be installed with a cooling tower to cool your industrial chiller unit.
In the pipeline project, there are two more water pipes than the air-cooled industrial chiller, but the water-cooled cold water the effect of the machine is much better than that of air-cooling.
Even in the selection, it can be one model smaller than the air-cooled industrial chiller. Therefore, under the installation conditions, most users will choose the water-cooled industrial chiller.
Why is TopChiller a reliable industrial chiller supplier?
Established in 1999, TopChiller has grown phenomenally in the past 20 years and became the leader in industrial chillers manufacturers.
We offered custom-made solutions to clients all over the world. We built our reputation with our best quality products that meet the most demanding requirements.
We have a wide range of industrial chiller and we never stop our steps in innovating and upgrading. In various industries like plastic, medical, food processing, dairy, brewery, pharmaceuticals, automobiles, printing, welding, etc.
You can always see the equipment with our logo on it. We understand the dynamics and intricacies of different industries and different application cases, and we provide an optimum solution with our expertise.
We have a team made up of industrial chiller designers, engineers, technicians, quality experts, supporting staff.
All engineers all have years of industry experience and abundant learning in their individual domain. They are completely committed to satisfying the customers’ different requirements.
Our internal quality control department monitors each and every stage of production for your industrial chiller.
TopChiller has a whole set of scientific and rigorous quality control systems to make sure the final products are up to our and our customers’ standards.
All steps of production of industrial chillers are monitored to eliminate all possibility of defects.
Apart from this, our ethical business practices, the pursuit of endless improvement earned our reputation among our clients.
We are equipped with advanced manufacturing equipment that includes modern machines and tools. They help us in carrying out the production process smoothly and efficiently.
Industries We Serve
We have carried out countless industrial chiller projects and have a huge client base since we were founded in 1999. We have experience serving the following industries.
- Plastic Processing
- Medical and Pharmaceutical
- Food and Beverage
- Heavy industry
- Light Industry
- Hospital and Lab
TopChiller can provide Industrial Chillers For OEM’s.
TopChiller has been manufacturing industrial process chillers for over 20 years. Our sales and applications team is capable of assisting in the nearly endless list of system requirements to ensure proper cooling and equipment reliability.
Our industrial chillers support a long list of OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) clients for many industries including but not limited to the General Industrial Market, Medical and Food & Beverage.
Our goal is to design, build and support our equipment so our customer’s equipment performs at its very best.
We have a national service network that helps ensure reliable service 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
Our job is to ensure quality dependable cooling so you don’t have to!
In business for more than 20 years, the TopChiller staff is readily available to assist you with any industrial chiller needs. Get in contact with us to learn how we can solve all your industrial chiller needs.
If you are looking for a reliable industrial chiller manufacturer now?
There might be some aspects of industrial chillers that we haven’t covered in this article.
You might also have some questions about industrial chillers applied for your specific cases. You are welcome to contact us if you have any questions and we would be very glad to help.
TopChiller with its 20 years’ effort has become the most respected company in the industrial chiller refrigeration industry.
We achieved recognition by consistently providing high-quality industrial chiller and superior service to our customers around the world.
We continuously strive to exceed our customers’ expectations. TopChiller brings added value to our customers’ businesses and we committed to providing scientifically designed all types of an industrial chiller.
Industrial chillers can provide an immediate reduction in water use and consistent water temperatures, which in turn offer a significant improvement to the process and a quick return on your investment.
TopChiller stock a variety of all models industrial chillers for quick delivery. please contact us now.