Whatever Types of Glycol Chiller,
TopChiller Can Fulfill the Chiller Solution for You.
- 20 years glycol chiller manufacturing experience: TopChiller having rich experience in glycol chiller manufacturing
- 18 months warranty time: TopChiller provide 18 months warranty covered all glycol chillers
- Famous brand spare parts: Every glycol chiller from TopChiller using high quality spare parts and famous refrigeration brand
- Technical support& Training service: TopChiller can provide installation&commission service of glycol chillers
- 8 Hours troubleshooting: In case of any glycol chiller alarm or error, TopChiller make a quick response within 8 hours
- Free glycol chiller design: TopChiller give glycol chiller and low-temperature chiller design free of charge
Why TopChiller Can Be Your Reliable Glycol Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier
Glycol Chiller: Your Premier Choice
Of Glycol Cooling Chillers
A glycol chiller is also named low-temperature chiller, implying that the chilled water temperature is minus 0 degrees centigrade to -35 degrees centigrade.
TopChiller is a leading glycol chiller manufacturer and supplier, our glycol chillers including air cooled glycol chiller and water-cooled glycol chiller.
A glycol chiller is actually a refrigeration system using to cool a bath or tub of an antifreeze called “propylene glycol”, or just “glycol” for short.
This cooled liquid is pumped through a looped circuit of tubing connected to the input and output sections of the glycol chiller. This is the main cooling line of a glycol chiller.
Glycol chillers manufactured by TopChiller are some kinds of popular industrial chillers for special industrial applications.
What is the glycol chiller working principle?
Now let me cite the glycol chiller for beer as an example, please refer below information:
Propylene glycol is combined with water to create a chilled mixture that’s pumped from the glycol power pack through the cooling lines that run parallel to your beer lines.
Both distinct lines are kept cold by the internal moisture barrier in the trunk line and foil wrap around each glycol line.
Some people will always ask why glycol is used in your glycol chiller?
The use of an industrial inhibited glycol and water mixture is recommended in most water chiller systems.
Ethylene and Propylene are the two standard types of inhibited glycols commonly used. As we all know if the water temperature goes down to 0℃, the water will be frozen to be ice.
So the main job of glycol is to prevent freezing of the process fluid and ensure consistent flow at the operating temperature.
A glycol chiller is a special refrigeration system, mostly used to cool a variety of liquids including alcohol, chemical liquid, and other beverages.
Using a glycol chiller allows producers to lower the temperature of the product dramatically within a limited time, depending on the production requirements.
For glycol chillers, Propylene glycol and water mixture play an important role in the application of a glycol chiller, more so the working principle.
For chilling in brewing, glycol chiller plays an important part in the refrigeration.
For brewing industries, There are some processes where decreasing or maintaining temperature is mostly important – like crash cooling beer after fermentation, keeping a steady temperature during fermentation (which generates heat), or cooling the wort after an initial boiling process.
TopChiller offers a variety of glycol chillers from cooling capacity 5Ton to 180Ton and glycol temperature at -5℃ to -35℃.
These full-range glycol chiller models are most suitable for certain critical industrial applications including cooling and dispensing beer, water, chemical liquid and other beverages where there is limited refrigeration.
TopChiller glycol chillers can be added to an existing remote glycol system for additional cooling capacity.
There are 4 stages of glycol chiller temperature controlling range, 0℃ to -10℃, -10℃ to-20℃ and -20℃ to -30℃. If you have special requirements, we can make -35℃ glycol chiller. But remember that the temperature stability is +/-2℃.
High-quality glycol chillers designed and manufactured from TopChiller having some advantages and features:
1. TopChiller is providing a complete range of models/capacities of glycol chillers from 1.5ton to 120ton and the temperature range from +5C to -35C can meet your specific glycol cooling requirements.
2.High-quality Compressor: the ethylene glycol chiller adopts the compressor of the imported brand, which is more stable in operation and reliable in quality.
3. Energy efficiency Condenser and evaporator: the condenser of glycol chiller is shell and tube type water-cooled condenser. The evaporator can be equipped with stainless steel tubular heat exchanger or brazed plate heat exchanger to avoid the occurrence of product internal leakage and ensure the operation of glycol chiller.
4. Smart Control system: Standard PID controller, set the temperature difference between the opening and closing glycol chiller, and select Siemens S7-200 PLC and module.
5. Full Safety protection: Each glycol chiller having high voltage protection, water cut-off protection, over-current protection, leakage point protection, phase to phase and phase to phase protection, high-temperature protection, sensor failure, low-level alarm, and other multiple safety protection.
6. All the glycol chillers are with compact design, energy efficiency, and high cooling performance to save your money and cost.
As a professional glycol chiller manufacturer and supplier China, TopChiller is always making high-quality glycol chiller to our customers throughout the whole world.
If you are looking for a good quality glycol chiller supplier?
If you need a reliable glycol chiller manufacturer to support your business?
TopChiller is the right choice of glycol chiller and all glycol cooling systems with rich experience.
please do not hesitate to contact TopChiller sales to get the best price of your glycol chiller today.
TopChiller: Your Leading Glycol Chiller Manufacturer
As we know glycol is very important for glycol chiller liquid. The major function of using glycol is to prevent freezing of the process fluid and ensure consistent flow at the operating temperature for glycol chiller normal working process.
As a leading manufacturer of glycol chiller, TopChiller has a complete glycol chiller line.
These glycol chillers are widely used in many industrial applications, like fermentation process in cooling the wort, controlling fermentation crash, cooling vessels and prepackaging in breweries and beers.
Other glycol chiller applications include barrel brewing system, product storage cold stabilization, room cooling for wineries, fermentation control cold chilling the juice, ice cream, and yogurt process, chemical acid liquid cooling, cold storage of the final product for beverage and drinking.
Alternatively, you can use these glycol chillers for circulation between distillation tanks & stills heat removal for distilleries, control of fermentation temperatures, chilling after fermentation, storage cooling for Kombucha processing, etc.
Being a professional glycol chiller supplier with 20 years’ experience, TopChiller provides all technical support to valued customers.
Glycol chillers from TopChiller are your best industrial chiller system, Please contact our refrigeration engineering to get free support for your glycol chillers project.
Glycol Chiller: The Complete Buying Guide from TopChiller
Chapter 1: What is a glycol chiller?
Be quite different from the regular water chiller, Glycol chiller is a specially designed refrigeration system and often involves the use of antifreeze for low-temperature cooling purpose.
Glycol chiller is a water-cooling device that provides a cooling device with constant temperature, constant current and constant pressure.
Glycol chiller is to inject a certain amount of water into the internal water tank of the machine.
The passing refrigeration system cools the water, and then the circulating water pump inside the machine injects the cold frozen water into the equipment to be cooled.
The heat inside the equipment is taken away, and the high-temperature hot water has again flowed into the water tank for cooling.
For regular water chiller, we always use tap water or freshwater as the cooling medium.
But for glycol chiller, we must go for glycol and water mixture due to the desired coolant temperature below Zero.
Glycol is a water-miscible coolant that is mostly used in heat transfer and cooling applications. Glycol can provide better heat transfer parameters than pure water, and can also be mixed with water to provide a variety of heat transfer characteristics.
Glycol is the chemical liquid that comes in two ways: ethylene glycol and propylene glycol.
Both materials are harmful to living things, But propylene glycol is most often used near food and ethylene glycol is most often used in industrial applications.
Pure water will freeze when the temperature comes into Zero, but glycol with water mixture will not have such a frozen problem.
That’s why we call a water chiller is a glycol chiller when the temperature comes below Zero.
Chapter 2: How does a glycol chiller work?
To understand how does a glycol chiller works, we must first understand how a chiller works.
Glycol chiller, the same as a regular chiller is a refrigerator that includes a compressor, evaporator, condenser and a metering device.
An additional buffer tank is used with the chilling unit to provide additional system capacity to prevent excessive cycling, unexpected temperature fluctuations, and erratic system operation.
A glycol chiller consists of two key parts:
One glycol chiller unit which uses electrical energy to produce a cold fluid, and heat transfer coils which will move cold fluid from the refrigeration unit to the target area and hot fluid from the target area to the refrigeration unit.
Let’s explain what’s the working principle of a glycol chiller in details:
Glycol chiller, as the name suggests, is the chiller with ethylene glycol as the coolant for the chiller.
The structure of the glycol chiller consists of a compressor, an evaporator, a condenser, a throttling element, and an electric control system.
In order to ensure the stable operation of the glycol chiller, we recommend preventing the explosion. Measures to buy explosion-proof chillers as much as possible.
In order to ensure that the pressure inside the evaporator is sufficiently low, it is ensured that the refrigerant is pumped away by the evaporated refrigerant at such a low temperature, and the low temperature and low pressure are compressed into a high temperature and high-pressure refrigerant gas.
The high temperature and high-pressure refrigerant of the condenser are condensed into a liquid in the condenser. The refrigerant in the condenser releases heat between the air or water lower than its temperature.
Of course, the temperature of the air or water must be higher than that in the chiller. The temperature of the refrigerant should be low, otherwise, the refrigerant would not be able to exotherm.
How to throttle + after the throttle, the refrigerant of the chiller drops from the condensing pressure to the evaporation pressure, so the liquid from the condenser can be placed in the liquid reservoir.
At this time, the refrigerant is at normal temperature and high pressure. The state, after the expansion valve, lowers the boiling point and enters the evaporator liquid to absorb heat and evaporate.
The low-temperature and low-pressure refrigerant liquid exchanges with the evaporator after passing through the restrictor, and becomes saturated or superheated steam upon absorption of heat, thereby facilitating the compressor.
Typically, the target area is the inside of a freezer or some other object that you want to cool. The refrigeration unit often consists of a compressor with some compressible heat transfer fluid such as freon.
From the above explanation, we can understand it is a glycol chiller working principle.
Each glycol chiller has an operating temperature range. This temperature range is determined by several variables, the most important of which are the boiling point and freezing point of the heat transfer fluid.
For regular chillers, the operating temperature should +5℃ and above. But for glycol chiller, the operating temperature always 0℃ even can lower to -35℃.
Glycol is prized as a heat transfer fluid because it can operate at a wide range of temperatures and can be mixed with water. The boiling and freezing points of glycol mixtures are a function of the relative amounts of glycol and water in the mixture.
The low freezing points of glycol and water mixtures make them ideal for cooling items below the freezing point of water.
Chapter 3: What is the glycol chiller used for?
Glycol chiller is a specific kind of refrigeration system, often used to cool a variety of liquids and other industrial or commercial applications.
By using a glycol chiller to lower the temperature of the product dramatically over a short period of time, depending on the production needs.
By using a glycol chiller can achieve the desired low temperature for your industrial or commercial usage.
Buying using a glycol chiller can provide a steady coolant for the special industrial application.
- Breweries. In breweries, the glycol chiller is used for cooling the wort,
for controlling the fermentation process and speed.
Glycol chiller can also for crash cooling vessels and prepackaging of hot food, finished product cold storage
- Wineries. Glycol chillers are widely used in the fermentation process, cold stabilization
can be also used for room cooling purpose
- Cider Mills. Fermentation control needs critical water temperature control. Glycol chiller can provide cold chilling the juice and milk, also the cold storage of the final product.
- Distilleries. During the fermentation process, glycol chiller will provide a steady coolant for circulation between distillation tanks & stills for heat removal purposes.
- Ice rink. The ice rink project needs a glycol chiller to provide low-temperature coolant which will make the water frozen into ice easily on the ice skating surface. Glycol chiller is the best choice of refrigeration system for cooling ice rink project.
- Food industry. Glycol chiller can provide low-temperature coolant to guarantee the safety and consistent quality of frozen foods, food processing companies need a low-temperature cooling day in and day out.
7.Carbonated filling line
Glycol chiller can also be used for the carbonated drink or beverage filling line. For carbonated beverage process needs a glycol chiller providing a steady cooling source to maintain a certain temperature for the production process. So for all soft drinks, beers and carbonated drinks need some glycol chillers.
Besides the above projects, Ethylene glycol chillers can be also widely used in rubber, plastics, petroleum, chemical, electronics, paper, textile, brewing, pharmaceutical,
Products, machinery, beverages, vacuum coating, electroplating, central air conditioning, and many other fields are also widely used in centralized cooling to facilitate centralized piping.
The low-temperature chiller can be customized into an acid-alkali-resistant machine, which meets the needs of the customer’s process.
It can also be customized into a low-temperature model, and with low-temperature coolant, it has reached the needs of customers’ processes.
Chapter 4: How to size a glycol chiller for your business?
For the above information, we shall know the important role which glycol chiller plays not only in industrial but in commercial applications.
But how to size a correct glycol chiller for your business comes to the point.
There are some useful tips for sizing your glycol chillers:
- Brewhouse Capacity, Provide total BBL (Barrel) size for the Brewhouse.
- Fermentation Tanks, Provide Quantity and BBL size for one or two different sizes of fermentation tanks.
- Brite Tanks, Provide Quantity and BBL size for one to three different sizes of Brite/Serving tanks.
- Wort Cooling, Do You Have A Cold Liquor Tank? Do You Have A Two-Stage Wort Cooler?
- Ice rink project, Provide the project square meters and layout drawing for reference.
If you have any other glycol chiller requirements, please send a chiller inquiry. You will receive an estimate of your brewery cooling load and a glycol chiller selection for your brewery.
Chapter 5: What temperature glycol should be?
It is important to use the correct ratio of glycol to water mixture, as not having enough glycol may damage the glycol chiller, while too much can make the solution less efficient.
But what’s the best ratio for glycol and water mixtures? TopChiller having rich experience in glycol ratio of glycol and water mixtures for glycol chiller cooling process:
16%glycol and 84%water when water temperature@0℃,
24%glycol and 76% water when water temperature@-5℃,
32%glycol and 68%water when water temperature@-10℃,
40%glycol and 60%water when water temperature@-15℃,
45%glycol and 55% water when water temperature@-20℃,
50%glycol and 50% water when water temperature@-25℃,
55%glycol and 45% water when water temperature@-30℃,
In summary, the lowest glycol chiller temperature you can achieve, the higher the ratio of glycol.
We can cite breweries typically using a 35% propylene glycol 65% water mixture, which can be measured using a glycol refractometer.
Chapter 6: Why TopChiller can be your reliable glycol chiller supplier?
TopChiller having rich experience in making glycol chiller for both industrial and commercial.
Glycol chillers manufactured by TopChiller have reached various parts of the planet.
Glycol chillers designed from TopChiller having below advantages and features:
- the ethylene glycol chiller compressor uses the original imported medium and low-temperature compressor
- ethylene glycol chiller uses refrigerant such as R404A, R410a, R22/R407C, etc., to meet the cooling temperature and environmental requirements
- ethylene glycol chiller temperature selection range: can provide process chilled water between -5 ° C ~ -60 ° C (use the user according to different production needs, select the unit specifications of different water temperature)
- ethylene glycol chiller according to the needs of users, you can choose a variety of brine (refrigerated water): glycol aqueous solution, alcohol, ternary mixed solution, and another alcohol-based coolant, can also be evaporated The device is designed according to anti-corrosion requirements, using an aqueous solution of calcium chloride.
- ethylene glycol chiller designed to run 24 hours without stopping, can meet the cold source of the various continuous production process
- Ethylene glycol chiller can be equipped with a water tank and circulating water pump according to the cooling capacity. It does not need a cooling tower and cooling pump. It is easy to install and maintain.
- Ethylene glycol chiller is equipped with various safety protection devices, with stable performance, low noise, long service life, and simple operation. It adopts a liquid crystal display man-machine interface, which is easy and convenient to operate.
Over the years, TopChiller has worked with leading companies from different industries and helped them with their refrigeration and cooling needs.
Our major companies such as Nestle Coffee, Shell Oil, Exxon, Pepsi Cola,
San Miguel Beer and Lubrizol among many others – a good chunk of which are Fortune 500 companies – still employ our machines in their daily processes.
TopChiller wins its high reputation in the international market due to the glycol chiller workmanship, high quality and low cost, fast response and quick delivery.
If you are looking for a reliable glycol chiller manufacturer for your business, please do not hesitate to contact TopChiller engineering.
Hazard analysis of overheating of glycol chiller
When using a glycol chiller, be sure to pay attention to the problem of overheating, because once it is overheated, it will adversely affect the working efficiency of the glycol chiller, which is not conducive to the production of the enterprise.
Therefore, the enterprise should have a deep understanding of the second hazard caused by the overheating of the glycol chiller.
- Once the ethylene glycol chiller is overheated, it will have a great impact on the operation stability of the refrigeration equipment. Once the temperature and environmental heat increase, many cold sources will be wasted. Under the premise of continuous loss of cold sources, the ability of glycol chillers to reduce ambient temperature is severely limited. If there is a seriously high-temperature problem, the efficiency of the glycol chiller is low, which seriously affects the efficient production of the enterprise.
- When using a glycol chiller, it is necessary to recognize the danger of overheating to the operation, because if the temperature of the working environment is high, causing a lot of heat to be processed in a timely and effective manner will inevitably affect the safe operation of the glycol chiller. Once the running time is longer, the harm is greater. Therefore, the company needs to correctly understand the impact of a good environment on the glycol chiller.
- Once overheated, it will affect the shortened life of the glycol chiller, which will increase the cost of the equipment used by the enterprise and affect the stable development of the enterprise. In order to keep the operation of the glycol chiller safe and stable, it is necessary to provide a safe and comfortable working environment for the glycol chiller. Avoid problems such as high temperatures and other factors that affect the safety of the equipment. Reduce the troubles of various types of faults for glycol chillers.
How to maintain the cooling performance of your glycol chiller?
The glycol chiller mainly supplies cooling water to the heating part of the product to cool down and achieves the purpose of refrigeration.
Glycol chiller is a refrigeration device used in the electronics, chemical, and plastic industries. How to maintain a better cooling effect of the glycol chiller? What about the operation of the refrigeration system?
- Regularly check the core of the glycol chiller – compressor
In the operation of the glycol chiller, the compressor is the core of its operation. Its performance factor can affect the stability of the use of the glycol chiller. If the compressor fails, the cost is relatively high.
- Affect the use of glycol chillers. Once the compressor is damaged seriously, it will also clean the abnormalities of other accessories. Therefore, the regular inspection of the glycol chiller compressor is good.
- Regularly clean the condenser and evaporator of the glycol chiller
In the glycol chiller, the condenser and evaporator are the second-largest components. Cleaning is more important. It is recommended to clean it once every six months.
- The glycol chiller uses ethylene glycol to water as circulating water for refrigeration. The substance or precipitated impurities scale affects the heat transfer effect. Excessive fouling of the evaporator of the glycol chiller condenser also reduces the flow cross-section of the cooling water, reduces the amount of water, and increases the condensing pressure.
- Therefore, it is recommended to wash at least once a year to remove scale from the pipe. It is recommended to perform water treatment on the water.
- Regularly check the safety valve of the glycol chiller
When using a glycol chiller, the user needs to understand that the condenser and the pressure vessel belong to the pressure vessel. The safety valve should be installed on the high-pressure end of the glycol chiller, ie, the condenser body, once the glycol chiller unit is in the non- In normal working conditions, the safety valve can automatically relieve pressure to prevent high-pressure damage to the human body.
- Regular replacement of glycol chiller lubricants
After the long-term operation, your glycol chiller will cause the oil quality of the lubricating oil to deteriorate, and the impurities and moisture inside the lubricating oil will also increase.
- Therefore, it is necessary to set a time to regularly check the lubricating oil quality of the glycol chiller and find problems. Replace it in time.
When specific degrees of temperature are critical to a production process, your best solutions for precision come from TopChiller and our premium glycol chillers.
When a fluid needs to be quickly chilled or heated to an exact temperature, we never settle for approximations.
With over 20 years of rich experience in the commercial & industrial refrigeration industry, our expertise goes far beyond the design and implementation of cutting-edge glycol chiller and glycol cooling systems.
TopChiller seeks ice-cold perfection and fiery exactitude. We are as committed to the cold as we are to our clients.
TopChiller strives to build long-lasting partnerships by offering ongoing technical support from our team of engineers, all backed by our satisfaction guarantee.
TopChiller offers a wide range of options from small portable glycol chillers and heaters, to large custom chilling units.
All of our glycol chillers are CE and UL approved in both the United States and Canada. Most of our standard glycol chiller designs have been tested for over 20 years in the field.
Many of the leading wineries, breweries, distilleries, medical and industrial manufacturers here in the world turn to us for intelligent temperature control solutions.
No matter what your cooling needs are, whether you require a permanent installation, a portable glycol chiller or a heater, we engineer the finest quality liquid chilling systems.
Since 1999, TopChiller has been a leading manufacturer of glycol chiller in the refrigeration industry.
With the cooling capacities ranging from 1-ton glycol chillers dedicated to a single circuit to 220-ton glycol plant-wide central glycol chiller systems, TopChiller offers the correct size glycol chiller and glycol cooling system for your glycol processing and cooling requirements.
If you need any glycol chiller, please contact TopChiller today for answers to your process cooling needs!