TopChiller Glycol Chiller System Manufacturer and Supplier China
- Temperature control ranges -5°C to -35°C
- Glycol coolant flow rate up to 650LPM
- Branded Scroll or piston Type compressors
- Stainless steel brazed plate heat exchanger
- High energy efficient condenser fans
- Hot gas bypass system installation
- Ethylene glycol/propylene glycol fluid
- Easy installation and low-cost maintenance
Your Reliable Screw Compressor Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China over 20 Years
Glycol Chiller System is a type of refrigeration system that is used for anti-freezing chilling purposes in different applications by using glycol for adjusting freezing point.
Ethylene glycol or propylene glycol is being used as an anti-freezing agent depending upon the type of Glycol Chiller System as well as application.
TopChiller is a foremost and magnificent company of China working for the last twenty years manufacturing advanced Glycol Chiller System and supplying it all over the world.
TopChiller is the prime leading source of Glycol Chiller System providing a full stock of varying variety models for use in the cooling industry since 1999.
Glycol Chiller System consists of scroll and piston compressors, condenser and condenser fans, heat exchanger, refrigerant, hot gas bypass installation, PLC based controller system, display screen, and protecting devices to perform a cooling process.
TopChiller’s best Glycol Chiller System has a variety of advantages especially in the brewery and wine industries.
Glycol Chiller System is providing steady glycol coolant that used in different application as:
Beer production and cool fermentation tanks, wineries, Brite tanks, ice rinks, and Wort coolers, prepackaging, crash cooling, and distilleries, etc.
Are you planning to buy a Glycol Chiller System with advanced technology and high quality?
Are you sourcing for an ultimate solution to get an ideal temperature controlling system manufacturer in China?
You are in right place. Please do contact with TopChiller experts for detailed suggestions about sizing the best Glycol Chiller System for your application at a reasonable price.
Features and Advantages
- Glycol Chiller System is installed with glycol solution working as an anti-freezing agent to enable the equipment working at the low freezing point of water configured by lowering freezing point and fasten heat transferring.
- TopChiller designed Glycol Chiller System has high durability and longer service life featured by glycol resistance against rust, for microbe growth and protection of piping from corrosion during instant heat transfer.
- Glycol Chiller System is highly reliable to use as it is highly adjustable having a wide range of cooling capacity for different applications.
- Glycol is mixed with water to use depending upon ambient temperature as well as indoor /outdoor location. For indoor applications, low glycol amount is used as compared to outdoor chilling temperature ensuring efficient performance.
Glycol Chiller System Technical Specification
|Type||Shell and tube type/Plate type heat exchanger|
|Power Source||3PH～380V/415V/480V～50HZ/60HZ(3PH～200V/220V 50HZ/60HZ)|
|Compressor||Type||Hermetic scroll ( piston )|
|Condenser||Type||Efficient finned copper tube with aluminum + low noise external rotor fan|
|Safety protection||Compressor inner protection, over current protection, high / low pressure protection, over temperature protection, flow rate protection, phase sequence/phase missing protection, low level coolant protection, anti freezing protection|
The above specifications are according to the following design conditions:
1, Chilled water inlet/outlet temperature difference 3℃/8℃.
2, Cooling air inlet/outlet temperature 30℃/38℃
Glycol Chiller System Configuration Table
|Oil pressure gauge (high low)||HONGSEN||TAIWAN|
|Dryer filter||EMERSON /ALCO||USA|
TopChiller Free Service and Technical Support
As the professional chiller manufacturer over 20 years, TopChiller is always happy to provide our free service and technical support accessible to our clients before,during and after sales. If you need any help, welcome to call us or send your inquiry to our email. These free service and technical support including；
- Listening to your detailed chiller requirements and give your best chiller solution for your applications based on our rich experience.
- If you have no idea about how to size your chiller model or cooling capacity, it’s no a big issue, Just tell us your specific cooling demands, we will guide you to select the right economical chiller model.
- 7*24 online service,If you have any problem about chiller,you may call us or send email, we are always here to support you.
TopChiller Standard Warranty Time
After purchasing TopChiller product, you are our valued customers in TopChiller ERP system.
We will do regular tracking service and Your chiller having up to 24 months warranty time after installation and commissioning,
If your chiller is down, you can contact TopChiller for support to solve your problem..Once we received your message,Our service technician on duty will contact you as soon as possible.
TopChiller Start-up & Commissioning
TopChiller also provides the additional service of start-up or commissioning of your chiller.You’d better prior to scheduling your start-up, it is important that the proper installation procedures have been followed and the chiller is ready.
TopChiller technician will guide you how to start-up your chiller when your chiller is ready, besides this we have full sets of paper works including: Chiller installation manual, operation manual, electrical drawing for you.
Free Replacement Spare Parts
Providing free replacement spare parts for TopChiller,is the best customer service in the industry to support you when you are sourcing replacement parts.
We have most parts are in stock and available for next day shipment for your chillers.
If you want have some replacement spare parts,just provide us your chiller serial number and model number to expedite the sourcing process.
Better to have the nameplate and pictures of your chiller for our reference. This will help us find the proper replacements at earliest time.
6 Points Why TopChiller Is Your Best Glycol Chiller System Manufacturer and Supplier in China?
Glycol Chiller System–An Ultimate Buying Guide by TopChiller.
Many large-scale industries are using Glycol Chiller Systems to prevent the freezing of industrial process fluids. A Glycol Chiller System ensures the continuous flow of fluids at normal working temperatures.
Glycol Chiller Systems are used in different industrial processes such as controlling fermentation crash, cooling vessels and packaging works in the brewery, wineries, ice cream, yogurt process, and beer industries, etc
A Glycol Chiller System uses glycol as a cooling medium. Glycol is a chemical liquid.
Glycol can be ethylene glycol and propylene glycol.
A glycol used by a Glycol Chiller System has excellent heat transfer abilities as compared t pure water because pure water becomes freeze when the temperature falls to zero While; glycol is an anti-freezing chemical compound.
If you are going to buy Glycol Chiller System and you want to know about all the aspects regarding the Glycol Chiller System. Here is a complete guide to the Glycol Chiller System.
This guide will make you able to understand the following.
- What is a Glycol Chiller System?
- What are the Working Principles of Glycol Chiller System?
- What are the Main Components of the Glycol Chiller System?
- What are the Main Features of Glycol Chiller System?
- What are the Advantages of the Glycol Chiller System for your Application?
- What should be the Temperature of Glycol in the Glycol Chiller System for your Application?
- How to Determine the Capacity of your Glycol Chiller System?
- What are the Industrial Applications of Glycol Chiller System?
- How to Select an Efficient Glycol Chiller System for your Application?
- How to Choose the Right Size of Glycol Chiller System for your Application?
- How to Increase the Lifespan of Glycol Chiller System for your Application?
- How to Troubleshoot your Glycol Chiller System?
- FAQ of Glycol Chiller System
What is a Glycol Chiller System?
A Glycol Chiller System is a well-designed refrigeration system and sometimes it uses antifreeze for low-temperature cooling requiring applications that provide a cooling device having a constant current, constant temperature, and constant pressure.
A Glycol Chiller System has an internal water tank that keeps the injected water.
The already running refrigeration system cools the injected water. The chilled water then sends to the application to be cooled by using a circulating water pump.
When the cooled water reaches the application, it removes all the heat from the system and absorbs itself.
The hot water is then sent again to the water tank of a glycol chiller machine.
The regular water chiller uses water as cooling media to cool down the equipment.
But Glycol Chiller System uses a mixture of water and water-miscible chemical compound (Glycol) as a heat transfer medium.
Two types of glycols can be used as a cooling medium in a Glycol Chiller System.
These are ethylene glycol and propylene glycol. They can be used when mixed in the water to maintain the temperature even below zero degrees.
What are the Working Principles of Glycol Chiller System?
A Glycol Chiller System is used in different industrial sectors to provide coolant to the products machinery, mechanisms, etc. It uses a mixture of water and glycol in the process.
A refrigeration system of this type removes the heat from the process using fluids as a heat transfer medium. A Glycol Chiller System processes the water and obtains heat from the system and ejects the heat into the air with the help of a heat exchanger.
The working of a Glycol Chiller System is mostly the same as of other industrial chiller systems. It uses for basic components to execute the mechanical cycle through which the refrigerant passes.
The process starts with the evaporator. The evaporator of a Glycol Chiller System evaporates the refrigerant that is flowing over the evaporator tube bundle.
During this process, the process water is continuously in a cycle through the bundle. The mixture of glycol and water absorbs the heat.
So, the process mixture of glycol and water cooldowns your application before it returns to the process again. On the other side, the vapor produces by the evaporator is pulled to the compressor.
The compressor compresses the refrigerant and increases the pressure and temperature.
Then this high-pressure refrigerant is sent to the condenser. The condenser of a Glycol Chiller System removes the heat of the refrigerant by using glycol.
The condenser condenses the refrigerant vapor into the liquid form and then transfers this liquid to the expansion valve.
The expansion valve then decreases its pressure and the small amount of refrigerant boil into the air, and the remaining refrigerant becomes cooler to attain the desired temperature.
All the above cycle repeats continuously according to the requirement of your application.
What are the Main Components of the Glycol Chiller System?
The Glycol Chiller System is a specially designed refrigeration system with its incredible components such as:
- Expansion valve
- A water box
- Power panel
- Control units
The complete working and information about these components are described below.
The evaporator of a Glycol Chiller System collects the heat from the process. Pass it into refrigerant for recycling.
It is placed between the expansion valve and the compressor of a Glycol Chiller System.
The condenser of the Glycol Chiller System is used to remove the heat of the glycol refrigerant produced by the evaporator.
It is located in front of the expansion valve and behind the compressor. The condenser for a Glycol Chiller System is available in different sizes and specifications according to the requirements of your application.
It is a crucial component of the Glycol Chiller System. Its function is to develop pressure which helps the glycol refrigerant to move through the different components during the process.
You can choose the compressor of your Glycol Chiller System according to the requirements of your application.
Some of the compressors are scroll, centrifugal, screw, and reciprocating compressors.
- Expansion Valve
The expansion valve of a Glycol Chiller System reduces the pressure and increases the volume of the glycol refrigerant.
The expansion valves are available in different types such as electronic, thermal, fixed orifice, and pilot-operated thermal expansion valves.
You can choose the expansion valve for your Glycol Chiller System according to the requirements of your application.
- A Water Box
The water boxes in a Glycol Chiller System help to control the flow of the glycol and water mixture during the process.
It provides a straight water flow throughout the refrigeration system.
- A Power Panel
The power unit of a Glycol Chiller System is responsible for the electric power supply to all the components of the process.
- Control Unit
The control unit of a Glycol Chiller System is used for monitoring the overall performance of the Glycol Chiller System.
This unit can make changes to the system when required. It produces alarms in an irregular situation and shuts down the system to prevent damage.
What are the Main Features of Glycol Chiller System?
A Glycol Chiller System specially designed and manufactured with wonderful features.
In this guide, you will be able to know about its features given below.
- Mostly Glycol Chiller System is PLC Driven. They don’t need external pressure or a PC board.
- You can also add a touch screen control feature in the Glycol Chiller System for your application.
- A Glycol Chiller System includes the feature of level, flow, and remote signals for temperatures.
- It offers corrosion-free wet surfaces.
- A Glycol Chiller System has low temperature and high-temperature alarms, and it also offers a heat exchanger made of stainless steel.
- It has a great feature of a glycol refrigerant receiver with an access valve.
- DIN rail CE components of a Glycol Chiller System provide ease of service and safety.
What are the Advantages of the Glycol Chiller System for your Application?
Due to the following few reasons or advantages Glycol Chiller is mostly used for different applications as compared to the other Chiller systems.
- Because of the use of Glycol, in the Glycol Chiller System, it becomes a popular and most dependable chiller system for industrial use .you know that it prevents the freezing of coolant in the pipes. And also prevent the bursting of pipes.
- Another benefit of using the Glycol Chiller System is that the Glycol is an odorless and colorless liquid. This is mixed with water to decrease the freezing point of the coolant.
- It can be used for different applications in industries without harming like, brewery, dairy, cold storage The Glycol Chiller System is versatile and can be used for multiple industries.
- Glycol is highly effective in temperature regulation as well as preventing corrosion and bacterial growth in the chilling pipes.
- The Glycol Chiller System consists of a coolant that is a mixture of both glycol and water and is passed through the pipes to effectively result in a thermal exchange.
This is a good way to absorb heat and the warm coolant is returned to the cooling unit through the piping system.
- Cleanliness is also an advantage of the Glycol Chiller System in that it is packed and systems are not bare to the typical dirt and ambient partials of water systems.
- No Chemical Treatment – Industrial-grade glycol is expressed with anti-corrosion additives. The elimination of scaling and corrosion.
What should be the Temperature of Glycol in the Glycol Chiller System for your Application?
To obtain 100% results from your Glycol Chiller System of your application. You must keep well research knowledge about all the aspects of a Glycol Chiller System.
It is very necessary to know about the temperature range of glycol according to the requirements of your application in the Glycol Chiller System.
Before discussing the temperature ranging have a glance at how much glycol is needed for your Glycol Chiller System.
Many users think that if their Glycol Chiller System is at +26 Degree F, then the freezing point of glycol and water mixture needs to be less than +26 Degree F.
Keep in mind that the temperature of a refrigerant in a Glycol Chiller System ranges between 10 degrees F to 15 degrees F and less than the mixture of glycol and water.
Now, this is very simple that if you are operating a Glycol Chiller System with +26 degree F glycol temperature then the refrigerant temperature will be about 11 to 16 Degree F.
The freezing point for a glycol will be below your Glycol Chiller System set point.
How to Determine the Capacity of your Glycol Chiller System?
You can calculate the capacity of a Glycol Chiller System by using the information required by this guide.
The capacity of the Glycol Chiller System depends on different factors and calculations like volume, mass, time, etc.
When you’re going to have an energy-efficient and inexpensive coolant for your Application .it is necessary to be guided completely.
The capacity of a Glycol Chiller System mainly depends on its ability to dissipate heat or the total amount of work done by it.
Here is a simple formula to measure the heat load capacity of a Glycol Chiller System for your application.
There is no need to be an expert. Anyone can easily calculate these values to find accurate results.
The following calculations are needed to calculate the capacity of a Glycol Chiller System.
- You need to measure the flow rate of coolant being processed in Gallons per minute (GMP)
- Second, calculate the temperature differential of the process coolant.
The flow rate can be measure by using a flow meter and temperature differential can be easily measured by subtracting the inlet Glycol/Water temperature from the required temperature of Glycol/Water refrigerant.
Here is the formula
Q = M * C * ΔT
In this formula:-
Q = Heat load capacity of Glycol Chiller System
M = Flow rate of the coolant Gallons per hour (GPM)
C= Specific heat of the glycol/water mixture
ΔT = Temperature difference between the inlet Glycol/Water temperature and the required temperature of Glycol/Water refrigerant.
For example: If the flow rate of a coolant is 45 GPM and the ΔT is 15 °F then:
Q = 500 BTU per gallon per hour * 45 GMP * 15 °F = 337500 BTU per hour
Converting BTU per hour into Tons per hour = 337500 BTU per hour / 12000 = 28 Tons/hr.
This will be the capacity of Glycol Chiller with flow rate 45 GMP and ΔT 15 °F.
What are the Industrial Applications of Glycol Chiller System?
The chiller systems used in process control can be converted into Glycol Chiller Systems by using Glycol; these systems can be customized according to the requirements of your application.
Its automatic due point and set point adjustments can avoid the condensation process.
Inhibited Glycol is an Essential Part of the Glycol Chiller System, used in the industry specifically in the food industry.
The Glycol Chiller Systems are widely used in industrial applications. They mostly use inhibited glycol in their industrial processes.
The Inhibited glycol is used for the following two features.
The most common use of glycol in the industrial process controls the Chillier system as an anti-freeze agent. As an anti-freezing agent, the Glycol Chiller System allows your application to operate below the freezing point of water.
Glycol is added to lower the freezing point. In this way, a lower Operating temperature is achieved and also provides a faster rate of heat transfer.
Glycol Chiller System is used normally to control the temperature of application like
- Jacketed Vessels.
Glycol Chiller System used in common food and beverage industries, for example:
- Cider mills.
Additionally, Glycol Chiller System is used for
- Fermentation process control.
- Cold storage.
- Cooling vessels.
- Water cooling system.
The Inhibited Glycol contains an anti-corrosion agent that protects the system and pipes from being corroded.
It also protects the pipes and other parts from scaling and bacterial growth in the system. This will also enhance the life of the system pipe and other components.
That’s why a Glycol Chiller System is vastly applied in many industrial applications.
How to Select an Efficient Glycol Chiller System for your Application?
When it comes to choosing an efficient Glycol Chiller System for your application. It seems a bit difficult task.
This guide will help you properly about how can you chose the right Glycol Chiller System for your application to attain maximum results.
Here are four steps to reach your Glycol Chiller System to meet the requirements of your applications.
- Calculate Coolant Temperature:
When you are going to choose a Glycol Chiller System for your application it is important to calculate the inlet coolant temperature for your application.
The glycol coolant travels from your Glycol Chiller System to your application. It can cause a temperature rise.
If you will place your application far away from the Glycol Chiller System, it can increase the potential of heat gain.
The potential heat gain can be minimized by placing the Glycol Chiller System closer to your application.
- Figure Out the Heat Load:
The amount of heat that needs to be removed from your application is important to be calculated.
You can calculate the heat load of your application to choose an efficient Glycol Chiller System by the given formula:
Heat Load = Fluid Density * Flow Rate * Fluid Specific Heat
* Constant * ΔT°.
The heat load is commonly expressed in watts or BTUs per hr. The heat load value is mostly proved by the manufactures.
- Calculate the Coolant Flow and Pressure:
The coolant flow and pressure are a function of the heat transfer and surface area features of your application that is going to be cooled.
These parameters are commonly provided by the manufacturers. A Glycol Chiller System needs to provide the coolant at the proper pressure and flow rate.
If your Glycol Chiller System will provide high heat and flow rate than required for your application, it may damage.
And if these parameters are less than the required coolant flow and pressure. It may not remove properly heat.
- Heat Dissipation of a Condenser:
A Glycol Chiller System you are going to choose for your application must have a high-quality condenser that exhausts the heat into the atmosphere and can dissipate heat into the water supply.
How to Choose the Right Size of Glycol Chiller System for your Application?
After the selection of your Glycol Chiller System, this is another important step to choose the right size of your Glycol Chiller System.
You can size your glycol chiller according to the need of your application. The right size of your Glycol Chiller System will help you to save more energy with the best results.
Here are few points you need to know before you start calculation;
- The input glycol/water mixture temperature for your application.
- The required glycol/water temperature for your application.
- The coolant flow rate
Here is a simple and easy formula for you to calculate the size of your Glycol Chiller System according to the need of your application.
- Calculate the value of temperature difference in degree Fahrenheit as (The input glycol/water mixture temperature (°F) – The required glycol/water temperature (°F)) =ΔT°F.
- Now, determine the value BTU/hr. = Gallons per Hour * 8.33 * ΔT°F
- Calculate the value of cooling capacity in tons = (BTU/hr.)/12000
- Oversize the value by 20% = Ton capacity into 1.2
- Round of the value if the answer is in decimal.
- This will be the final size according to the requirements of your application.
For example, what size of Glycol Chiller System is required to cool 11 GPM from 73 °F to 59°F?
- ΔT°F = 73°F – 59°F =14°F.
- BTU/hr. = 11gpm * 60 * 8.33 * 14°F =76969 BTU/hr.
- Cooling Capacity Ton = (76969 BTU/hr.) / 12000 = 6.414 Tons.
- Oversize by 20% = 6.414 * 1.2 = 7.6968.
- A 7.6968 or 8-Ton Glycol Chiller is required.
How to Increase the Lifespan of Glycol Chiller System for your Application?
To increase the lifespan of your Glycol Chiller System for your application,
Keep the Following few points in consideration.
- Beware of Using Automotive Grade Anti-Freeze!
Do not use automotive-grade or substandard anti-freeze. Because this glycol is not manufactured for industrial applications it may cause the problem and reduce the life span of your Glycol Chiller System.
- Follow Local Regulations.
Experts have designed different sets of rules and regulations according to the requirement of the environment of that particular area, these are called local regulations which not only provide safe operation but also increase the life span of Your Glycol Chiller System for your application.
- Fluid Filtration and Maintenance.
Another secret for extending the life of your Glycol Chiller System is to use a fluid filter and perform fluid maintenance. As specified in the manufacturer manual.
- Perform all the Preventive and Corrective Maintenance.
All the Schedule and unscheduled maintenance must be carried out to enhance the life of your Glycol Chiller System.
All the users are provided with a list of scheduled maintenance, like cleaning, greasing, dusting replacement of filter all the inspections are done in time as per instructions given in the manufacturer manual.
- On-time Calibration of Equipment.
All the equipment which requires calibration has a sticker pasted on. This shows the calibration date, all should be get calibrated well in time to increase the efficiency of measuring instruments and also cause the life span of your Glycol Chiller System to increase.
How to Troubleshoot your Glycol Chiller System?
Troubleshooting means the chronological approach to the rectification of any fault that occurs in the Glycol Chiller System.
In this way, you can find and isolate the fault quickly compared to haphazard replacement of parts or hit and trial bases.
Following are some Faults that may occur in a Glycol Chiller System with their probable cause of the fault.
- Is Air Entering your Glycol Chiller System?
When you do not cover the Glycol bath properly or are exposed to the air. The water vapor in the air will dilute the glycol.
It will weaken the glycol strength and the system will not work at its optimum performance rate.
- Is the Bath Set on exact Temperature?
Ensure the bath temperature setting is correct daily.
It should always be in the range of a specific limit as specified by the manufacturer.
In most cases, the Glycol Chiller System has a built-in temperature.
- Is the Dispensed Beer Temperature within Limits?
Like the bath, check the temperature of the dispensed beer regularly as well.
The Glycol Chiller System might show the right temperature, it also should be within the specified limit.
Keep in mind that when the temperature rises, the fault may occur and over time it may decrease.
- Smooth and Normal Operation?
You can often hear a noise if there is a problem with the system’s motor.
Make sure there are no unexplained noises. You may also feel some unexpected heat from a place where you should not.
If you detect any problems that are not easy to repair, then it is best to contact a professional technician.
FAQ of Glycol Chiller System.
- What is Glycol in Glycol Chiller System?
It is a compound that belongs to the alcohol family. It commonly lowers the temperature in industrial and machine-driven applications.
Glycol is also called coolant. But we cannot say it refrigerant because it cools exclusively through heat transfer in an exchange; whereas, refrigerant uses an evaporation-condensation principle.
- What are the Benefits of using Glycol as a Coolant in your Glycol Chiller System?
Glycol contains an ant corrosion element that protects to enhance the life of components.
Its major function is to allow the cooling system to operate within the temperature range less than the water’s freezing point.
- How Ethylene Glycol is different from Propylene Glycol?
These products vary on metrics such as presentation, environmental factors, and general safety.
Ethylene glycol is often used for industrial and is cheaper, the propylene is often used in food items.
- How does Glycol Works in the Cooling Process?
In the Glycol Chiller System glycol play an important role in temperature regulation within the system.
Without any residual left in the system, because it always works below the freezing point of water.
- How Algae Growth can stop in the Water Tank of a Glycol Chiller System?
You can add some algaecide to prevent the production of algae in the water tank.
But ensure that algaecide does not affect the metallic parts of the tower.
- What happens if you add too Much Glycol to your Glycol Chiller System?
Adding Excessive glycol to your chiller system may reduce the efficiency of the system.
However, less amount of glycol will cause to freeze, and bursting of pipes or rupturing of the evaporator may occur.
- Is it Safe to Use Glycol Chiller System in Food and Beverage Industries?
Normally the propylene glycol is considered food grade and can be used in food and beverage operations.
- What type of glycol piping can you use in your Glycol Chiller System. ?
Generally, the Copper pipe is best for using in Glycol Chiller for best efficiency.
Keep in mind that all the turns or bends must be within the specified allowable limits; ensure that pipes have length and diameters as specified in the manual.
- Which Quality Standards a Glycol Chiller System should Adhere to?
Quality standards are Certification documents of a Glycol Chiller System consists of the requirements, specifications, guidelines, or characteristics to ensure that materials, products, processes, and services are fit for their purpose as per ISO certification.
- What Percentage of Glycol does your Glycol Chiller System need?
The percentage or ratio of glycol to be added in water depends on the ambient temperature, desired minimum Temperature, heat transfer rate, etc.
Let the expert know these factors. He will recommend the percentage of the Glycol System.