Chiller and Cooling Tower
- Chiller/cooling tower 10 to 250Ton
- Temperature control 7℃ to 35℃
- Water cooled type condenser
- SS brazed plate heat exchanger
- Chilled water flow rate up to 680LPM
- Scroll and screw compressor are available
- Easy movement with portable wheels
Your Premier Chiller and Cooling Tower Manufacturer and Supplier in China
TopChiller is your professional chiller and cooling tower supplier in China.
This kind of chiller works with a proper cooling tower and circulation water pump to make a complete water cooling system.
Water cooled chiller having water-cooled shell and tube type condenser, water chiller and the cooling tower will help the whole water cooling system to be more effective and high performance.
A water-cooled chiller system connects the evaporator to the condenser. It keeps the heat moving out of the evaporator and into the water-cooled chiller condenser, but the two water lines never interact with each other.
The hot water here, we called condenser water, travels up into the riser and heads towards the cooling tower on the roof. Once there, the condenser water flows through the cooling tower, and fans pull in ambient air to transfer heat out of the water. After cooling off a bit, the condenser water returns to the condenser cylinder at a lower temperature.
There are 2 kinds of cooling towers- cross flow cooling tower and counterflow cooling tower.
High quality crossflow cooling tower at TopChiller features below advantages:
1. The cooling tower adopts a high-quality PVC heat sink, and its honeycomb fan pattern greatly enhances the heat and cold exchange capacity and can withstand high temperature up to 60 ℃, ensuring that the heat dissipation efficiency of the cooling tower reaches the best level. At the same time, it is equipped with high temperature resistant cooling tower, which can withstand 60-95 ℃ high temperature water, especially suitable for electric cooling power and other industries.
2. Fan: axial flow fan, made of high-grade plastic or aluminum alloy, each set of the fan is strictly positioned and balanced by special personnel before leaving the factory.
3. All main metal accessories: made of thick steel, with international standard hot-dip galvanizing and antirust treatment, and can also provide all stainless steel accessories.
4. Shell and chassis of the cooling tower: all are made of high-grade glass fiber reinforced plastic (FRP) which is acid and alkali resistant. All pipes and water spray equipment are made of high-grade plastic without lubricating oil, ensuring durability and light gray appearance.
The working principle of crossflow cooling tower is: The hot water is evenly distributed on the film through the rotary sprinkler system, and then the top axial-flow fan will carry the dry air on the bottom belt, making the hot water and the air convection contact and produce volatilization, making the water temperature drop. The cooling water is collected by the bottom basin and then operated by the water pump to the heat source for recycling.
High quality crossflow cooling tower from TopChiller features below advantages:
1. Lightweight structure: specially designed high-efficiency heat dissipation packing and tower structure, with light operation weight and less space than a general traditional cooling tower.
2. Energy-saving and power-saving: low wind resistance heat dissipation packing with the unique streamlined design of the wind tube and large air volume of the high-efficiency fan, greatly saving the cooling power consumption of the motor.
3. Durable: the cooling tower body is made of reinforced glass fiber reinforced plastic, which will not corrode and reduce maintenance and repair costs. All cooling tower supports are made of thick steel and hot-dip galvanized, durable.
4. Low noise: large blade and streamline design of the fan blade, coupled with low-speed operation makes the fan noise reduction a lot.
5. Easy to assemble: combined design, light accessories, easy to transport and install.
If you are looking for a high-quality water chiller and cooling tower supplier, please do contact TopChiller for a quick and best quotation.
TopChiller: Your Best Chiller and Cooling Tower Supplier and Manufacturer
TopChiller provides all sets of water cooling systems including chiller with cooling tower and circulation water pumps.
For chillers, we have more phases and enough explanation in previous pages.
On this page, we will move into the cooling tower topic.
Cooling towers are devices that use air in contact with water (directly or indirectly) to cool water. Water is used as a circulating coolant to absorb heat from a system and discharge it into the atmosphere, thereby lowering the temperature in the tower and manufacturing equipment for circulating cooling water.
TopChiller Round Counterflow water cooling tower with water flow range: 6m3/h – 1250 m3/h and cooling water temperature range: 85℃ ~30℃. This cooling tower adopts high-quality PVC heat radiation films, and the designed shape of films effectively prolongs the contact time between high-temperature water and the cooling air.
Therefore the cooling effect is excellent.
- Structure and function of the cooling tower:
- Counterflow square cooling tower
- Crossflow square cooling tower
- How the evaporative condenser or evaporative cooling tower work?
- Structural features of the evaporative cooling tower:
- Advantages of the evaporative cooling tower over round open type cooling tower:
- Selection and Sizing of Your Cooling Tower
- Permanent Design of Cooling Tower Type Selection
Basic working principle of cooling tower
A cooling tower is a device that uses air (indirect or indirect) contact with water to cool water.
Water is used as a circulating coolant to absorb heat from a system and discharge it into the atmosphere, thereby reducing the temperature inside the tower and making equipment that can be recycled for cooling water.
Evaporative heat dissipation is accomplished by mass exchange, which is achieved by the continuous diffusion of water molecules into the air.
Water molecules have different energies, and the average energy is determined by the water temperature.
Some water molecules with large kinetic energy near the surface of the water overcome the attraction of the adjacent water molecules and escape from the water surface to become water vapor.
The water molecules near the water surface escape due to the energy of large water molecules. The energy is getting smaller.
Therefore, the water temperature is lowered, which is the evaporative heat dissipation. It is generally believed that the evaporated water molecules first form a thin layer of saturated air on the surface of the water, the temperature of which is the same as the water surface temperature, and then the speed at which the water vapor diffuses from the saturated layer to the atmosphere depends on the speed.
The difference between the water vapor pressure of the saturated layer and the water vapor pressure of the atmosphere, that is, Dolton’s law,
Structure and function of the cooling tower
- Support and tower body: external support;
- Packing: Provide as much heat transfer area as possible for water and air.
- Cooling water tank: located at the bottom of the cooling tower, receiving cooling water;
- Receiver: Recycle water droplets from airflow;
- Air inlet: cooling tower air inlet;
- Louvers: average intake airflow, retaining water in the tower;
The Cooling Tower chassis, featuring anti-corrosion, strong resistance to vile weather and beautiful appearance structure made of high strength glass fiber.
It’s rotating the part, and the connection area is made of high-quality raw materials that greatly improve the service life and connection strength.
TopChiller cooling tower also has the following features: anti-corrosion, light-weight, small size, attractive and durable. It is convenient to transport, install and maintain.
Furthermore, both water-cooled chiller and cooling tower are applicable in air conditioning, refrigeration, air compressor station, heating furnace, condensation process, and other cooling water circulation systems.
As a leading Water Chiller and Cooling tower manufacturer, TopChiller provides high quality and steady performance Water Chillers and Cooling Towers to clients all over the world.
If you are finding a water chiller with a cooling tower, please contact the TopChiller team to custom made your Industrial Cooling System.
As we all know TopChiller is not only a water chiller manufacturer, we also can supply a concerned cooling system including the cooling tower and water pump.
An industrial cooling tower is a device that utilizes the contact of water and air to dissipate waste heat generated in an industrial or refrigeration air conditioner by evaporation.
Cooling towers are widely used in steel, chemical, pharmaceutical, chemical fiber, cement, building materials, brewing, paper making, oil refining, cigarettes, thermoelectric and hospitals, hotels, hotels, subways, stadiums, theaters, air conditioning cooling systems,
Refrigeration series, injection molding, tanning, foaming, power generation, steam turbine, aluminum profile processing, air compressor, industrial water cooling, air conditioning cooling, refrigeration, plastic chemicals, air conditioning equipment, cold storage, refrigeration, air conditioning, food industry, pharmaceutical industry, metal casting, plastics, rubber, textiles, steel, chemicals, petrochemicals, generators, steam turbines, air compressors, hydraulic presses, engines, etc.
For the cooling tower, we have a counterflow square cooling tower, a crossflow square cooling tower, a round counterflow cooling tower and a cross-flow closed cooling tower.
Let’s have a detailed look at the above all kinds of cooling towers:
Counterflow square cooling tower
Industrial counterflow low noise square cooling tower
Design features :
1. Space-saving and light structure.
The high-efficiency heat exchange packing designed for this series of cooling towers has greatly improved the heat exchange area, and its floor space has been greatly reduced.
Due to the optimization of structural design and the use of steel structure, The running weight is also greatly reduced.
2, save electricity with small ventilation.
Resistance filler designed for the cooling tower designed for the wing-type FRP high-efficiency fan, thereby reducing the power of the motor used, ultra-low noise type of motor power is smaller, more power, but also According to the user’s request, a two-speed motor is used to save power.
3. Very low operating noise.
The FRP low-noise axial flow fan designed for the cooling tower and the low-noise motor designed for the cooling tower reduces the running noise of the cooling tower.
Ultra-low noise series cooling towers operate at lower noise levels and are fully environmentally friendly.
If a two-speed motor is used, the noise can be further reduced by 2-3dB (A) during low-speed operation at night. The user needs the two-speed motor to be separately requested when ordering.
4. Good Corrosion Resistance.
The cooling tower body, water tank, and panel are made of FRP material with good corrosion resistance, and a light stabilizer is added to the gel coat resin.
It has good anti-aging properties and does not change color after a long time. The tower steel structural parts are galvanized after processing to improve the corrosion resistance of the cooling tower, and no additional corrosion protection is required during the normal service life.
5. Convenient combination and installation.
The combination method can be used to meet the requirements of different working conditions. The user can also make a decision combination according to the site conditions, and adjust the appearance of the cooling tower according to the characteristics of the user’s building.
If the user’s venue is very limited. Our company can also design according to the special requirements of users to meet the requirements of users for thermal performance and noise.
6. Convenient maintenance.
The cooling towers of this series are of combined design.
The air chambers of adjacent cooling towers are separated from each other. Under the premise of the normal operation of the cooling tower, maintenance and overhaul can be carried out.
It is more convenient to clean the packing, water mains, and water tank.
(1) Panel: FRP material, the surface is smooth and beautiful, corrosion-resistant and anti-aging.
(2) Filler: It is a modified polyvinyl chloride bidirectional point wave plate with good thermal performance, small airflow resistance, good rigidity, heat resistance of 90 °C, cold resistance and flame retardancy.
(3) Fan: The blade material is an alloy aluminum plate. The fan has reasonable aerodynamic force, large air volume, high efficiency, low noise, and corrosion resistance.
(4) Motor and reducer: for external equipment.
(5) Cloth sink: FRP material, even water distribution, ultra-low noise type with cover can cover light, prevent debris from flying in, reduce the sound of splashing water.
(6) Muffler cover: FRP material, inner viscose cavity-type flame retardant PVC film muffling material.
(7) Blinds: FRP material, it can be splashed with water and can make the airflow into the tower uniform.
(8) Water tank: FRP material, which functions as water collecting and has automatic water replenishing facilities. It can directly absorb water in a closed-loop.
(9) Skeleton: It is an assembly structure of hemmed steel. It has good rigidity, lightweight, convenient transportation, and installation, and hot-dip galvanizing.
Crossflow square cooling tower
Design features :
The cross-flow type FRP cooling tower adopts air inlet on both sides, and the fan at the top makes the air exchange with the hot water through the filler on both sides of the tower, and the hot and humid air is discharged to the outside of the tower.
The filler adopts a wave plate with bumps on both sides, and the wave plate is bonded into the hole through the mounting head to improve the rigidity.
The bumps on both sides can also avoid direct dripping, thereby improving the water film-forming ability, and the tail of the packing is provided.
This kind of cooling tower consists of a cooling tower motor, a cooling tower fan, a cooling tower packing, a steel structure bracket, a watering system or a water distribution system, an FRP shell, and a cooling tower ladder.
Crossflow square cooling tower
You will find how to install a cooling tower from this video. We can follow this installation guide when installing a cooling tower.
TopChiller provides a full range of variety of cooling towers from 50Ton to 500Ton capacity.
Crossflow closed cooling tower
The cross-flow closed cooling tower is actually an evaporative cooling tower, a combination of a cooler and a wet cooling tower.
It is a horizontal evaporative cooling tower. The process fluid flows through the tube and the air flows outside the tube. contact.
The water in the bottom reservoir is pumped by the circulation pump and sent to the outside of the pipe for uniform spraying.
It does not come into contact with the process fluid hot water or refrigerant and the outside air and becomes a closed cooling tower, which enhances the heat and mass transfer effect by spraying water.
The cross-flow closed cooling tower uses steel plates as the main structure and an additional steel structure frame inside.
The product is a dual fan structure, and the dual fan is driven by the same motor through a belt reducer. Compared with the cross-flow FRP cooling tower.
The biggest difference between this product is that the coil and the packing are completely different, and the circulating water is completely closed.
The most advantage of using a cross-flow closed cooling tower is to save water consumption and the circulation water is always clean without dust.
Besides a cross-flow closed cooling tower, TopChiller can also supply an evaporative cooling tower.
The evaporative cooling tower is a highly efficient heat exchange device. Due to its high heat transfer efficiency, energy-saving, compact structure, and easy installation.
The evaporation absorption (latent heat) of water of equal mass at room temperature is 115 times that of water absorption by 5 °C, which is the root cause of water-saving and power-saving of the evaporative cooling tower.
This kind of evaporative cooling towers is widely used in large-scale chemical, pharmaceutical, steel, air conditioning, coal, nitrogen, and other aspects.
There are also practices in gas cooling, condensation, and liquid cooling in processes such as ammonia synthesis, methanol synthesis, gas compression, distillation, and waste heat recovery.
How the evaporative condenser or evaporative cooling tower work?
Mainly utilizes the evaporation of a part of the water to take away the heat released by the condensation process of the gaseous refrigerant.
The high-temperature gaseous refrigerant enters the coil from the refrigerant inlet at the upper part of the coil, exchanges heat with the spray water and air outside the coil and is gradually replaced by the gaseous state.
Condensate into a liquid state and flow out from the lower refrigerant outlet. The cooling water is sent by the water pump to the spraying system above the condensing coil and is evenly sprayed on the outer surface of the condensing coil by the water distributor to form a thin water film.
The temperature rises after the spray water and air absorb heat. Part of the water changes from liquid to gas and a large amount of heat is taken from the evaporation submerged zone.
The rest of the waterfalls back to the lower sump and is recycled by the circulating water pump into the sprinkler system; the water droplets entrained in the air are blocked by the dehydrator. , fell back to the catchment.
Structural features of the evaporative cooling tower:
Countercurrent evaporative cooling: It is an evaporative cooling that uses only the latent heat exchange of water.
It has a large heat exchange area, is not easy to produce ice blockage and dirty plugging, and can operate in various environments, especially in drought-deficient areas. Well, the dry-running operation in winter is better.
The inlet air is in the form of a bottom countercurrent inlet, which alternates with the lower spray water to form saturated hot and humid air.
The heat is discharged from the top fan, and the water has a special structure of the dehydrator to reclaim the sump for recycling, and the internal space has no heat exchange filler to vacate More space increases the unit’s heat dissipation area.
The structure is more compact and the footprint is small. It is especially suitable for situations where the effluent temperature requirement is close to the local wet bulb temperature.
Application field of the evaporative cooling tower:
It is widely used in gas cooling, condensation and liquid cooling in large-scale chemical, pharmaceutical, steel, air conditioning, coal, nitrogen fertilizer, ammonia synthesis, methanol synthesis, gas compression, distillation, and waste heat recovery processes.
The condenser tube is a round tube with high heat transfer efficiency, and the outer sheath of the box is a double-sided anti-corrosion effect of the galvanized steel plate.
The water pump, the fan and the motor thereof are well-known brands in China; the fan adopts a wing-shaped hollow aluminum alloy blade, and the top of the fan is provided with a mesh protective cover;
the motor is temperature-resistant, moisture- and moisture-proof, and the protection grade is IP55.
The Evaporative cooling tower is structurally related to the combination of common water-cooled condenser, cooling tower, water pump, and water system.
It has energy saving, water-saving, and convenient installation. Small footprint and easy maintenance. But there are essential differences in the heat transfer principle.
The water-cooled evaporative condenser uses the sensible heat of the water to absorb the heat of the refrigerant to achieve the purpose of cooling, and the evaporative cooling uses the latent heat of water, that is, the evaporation of water at normal temperature to absorb the heat for cooling purposes, and the same quality of water is absorbed by evaporation.
The heat is 116 times the heat when the water temperature rises by 5 degrees, so the evaporation of cold is much lower than that of the water-cooled condenser when taking away the same heat, which is also the root cause of evaporative cooling and water saving.
Advantages of the evaporative cooling tower over round open type cooling tower:
1. Under the same host and the same working conditions, compared with the energy consumption of the open cooling tower and the evaporative cooling tower, the energy consumption of the evaporative cooling tower must be greater than that of the open cooling tower.
If you need to analyze the system energy consumption and cost in detail, you need to stand in the entire system condensation section for energy consumption and cost analysis comparison.
One unit of evaporative cooling tower solves the condensation requirement of the whole refrigeration system; the simple open cooling tower is only a part of the whole condensing section system.
The water cooling system equipment mainly includes the shell-and-tube condenser, cooling water pump, and cooling towers, etc., the cost needs to be combined with the analysis of the entire water cooling system.
The energy consumption needs to add the energy consumption of the cooling water pump and the open cooling tower.
a. Evaporative cooling tower energy-consuming equipment includes a spray water pump and a heat-dissipating fan; the cooling tower energy-consuming equipment only includes a heat-dissipating fan.
b. The main heat exchange equipment of the evaporative cooling tower is an indirect heat exchange mode, and the thermal resistance includes convective heat transfer on the refrigerant side, heat transfer in the heat exchanger, and convective heat transfer of the spray water.
But the open cooling tower The heat exchange mode is that the cooling water directly exchanges heat with the air, and the heat exchange effect is better than the indirect heat transfer.
2. In the case of the same cooling capacity, the evaporative cooling tower can achieve a lower condensation temperature than the conventional water cooling system, and the compressor consumes less energy when the same cooling capacity is achieved.
In the long-term operation of the refrigeration system, energy-saving and operating costs are reduced.
Selection and Sizing of Your Cooling Tower
The parameters to be measured are air wet bulb temperature, air dry bulb temperature, cooling tower inlet water temperature, cooling tower outlet water temperature, exhaust temperature, pump and motor operation parameters, water flow velocity and airflow velocity.
- Operating parameters: cooling water temperature difference, cooling range, efficiency, cooling tower capacity, recharge water flow, cooling water flow, type selection, cooling tower type selection and design issues.
- Cooling Water Temperature Difference: Inlet Temperature-Outlet Temperature Large Temperature Difference = High Performance
Cold Amplitude: The Difference between the Outlet Temperature of Cooling Tower and the Wet Ball Temperature of Inlet Air: Small Cold Amplitude = High Performance, Efficiency:
4. Cooling tower capacity
The capacity unit of the cooling tower is “kilocalorie per hour” or “cold ton”.
Cooling tower capacity = cooling water mass flow * specific heat capacity * temperature difference.
High capacity = high performance
5. Calculating the amount of recharge water
Water loss by evaporation (E)
E = Q/600 = T1-T2 * L/600
E represents evaporative water volume (kg/h);
Q stands for heat load (Kcal/h);
600 represents the latent heat of water evaporation (Kcal/h);
T1 represents the inlet temperature (?) and T2 represents the outlet temperature (?).
L represents the amount of circulating water (kg/h).
Splash loss water (C): Splash loss of cooling tower depends on the design type of cooling tower, wind speed, and other factors. Normally, its value is about 0.1-0.2% of the circulating water.
Periodic Discharge Water Loss (D): Periodic Discharge Water Loss depends on factors such as water quality or solids concentration in water. Generally, it is about 0.3% of circulating water.
M = E + C + D
Evaporation loss of water (E), splash loss of water (C), and regular discharge loss of water (D).
When the cooling tower is used for air conditioning, the temperature difference is designed at 5 C. At this time, the recharge water needed for the cooling tower is about 2% of the circulating water.
6. Cooling water flow
K. Q = C. M. T
K: Estimation coefficient
Q: Maximum refrigeration capacity of the unit
C: Specific heat capacity of water
T: The Temperature difference between supply and return water
M: Cooling water quality and flow rate
The maximum refrigeration capacity of the compressed refrigeration unit is 1.3 times.
The refrigeration capacity of the absorption refrigeration unit (lithium bromide) is 2.5 times.
Permanent Design of Cooling Tower Type Selection
- 1. Determinants of cooling tower energy consumption?
Answer: Fan power, cooling water flow, cooling water supply?
- 2. Under the temperature condition of the cooling tower, which temperature is the most economical and efficient?
Answer: The inlet temperature of the cooling tower varies according to the different conditions of use.
For example, the outlet temperature of the central air conditioning condenser is generally 30-40 C, while the outlet temperature of the cooling tower is generally 30 C.
The ideal cooling temperature (return water temperature) of the cooling tower is 2-3 C higher than the wet-bulb temperature.
This value is called an “approximation degree”. The smaller the approximation degree, the better the cooling effect and the more economical the cooling tower is.
- 3. Comparison of Open and Closed Types
Open-end: The initial investment is relatively small, but the operation cost is higher (water consumption, electricity consumption).
Closed type: This equipment is suitable for use in a severe environment such as drought, water shortage, frequent sandstorms and so on. It can cool many kinds of media, such as water, oil, alcohol, quenching liquid, brine and chemical liquid.
The medium has no loss and stable composition. Low energy consumption.
Disadvantage: Closed cooling towers cost three times as much as open ones.
Preparation before operation a cooling tower:
1) Exclude foreign matter on the side of the air inlet or around the wind;
2) Make sure there is enough clearance between the tail of the windmill and the windshield to avoid damage during operation;
3) Check if the V-belt of the reducer is properly adjusted;
4) The position of the V-belt pulleys must be at the same level with each other;
5) After the above inspection is completed, start the switch intermittently to check whether the windmill operation mode is correct? And is there any abnormal noise vibration.
6) Remove the hot water tray and the internal debris of the tower body;
7) Remove the dirt and foreign matter in the hot water tray, and then fill the water to the overflow position;
8) intermittently start the circulating water pump to remove the air inside the pipe until the pipe and the cold water pan are filled with circulating water;
9) When the circulating water pump is in normal operation, the water level in the cold water pan will drop slightly. At this time, the float valve must be adjusted to a certain water level;
10) Circuitry, reconfirm that the circuit switch, fuse, and wiring specifications match the motor load.
Water cooling tower starting precautions:
a. Start the windmill intermittently, check if it is reverse running or abnormal noise vibration occurs? Then start the pump again;
b. Check if the running current of the windmill motor is overloaded? Avoid motor burnout or voltage drop;
c. Use the control valve to adjust the water volume to keep the water level of the hot water tray between 30~50mm;
d. Check if the running water level in the cold water tray is normal.
Precautions during the operation of the cooling tower:
a. After 5~6 days of operation, check whether the V-belt of the windmill reducer is normal? If it is slack, it can be properly locked with the adjusting bolts;
b. After one week of operation of the cooling tower, the circulating water must be replaced again to remove the dirt and dirt in the pipeline;
c. The cooling efficiency of the cooling tower will be affected by the circulating water level. For this reason, it is necessary to ensure a certain water level of the hot water tray;
d. If the water level in the cold water tray drops, the performance of the circulating water pump and the air conditioner will be affected, so the water level must also be kept constant;
How to maintenance your cooling tower?
The circulating water is generally replaced once a month, or it may have to be replaced if it is dirty. The replacement of circulating the water is determined according to the concentration of solids in the water.
At the same time, the hot water tray and the cold water tray are cleaned, and if there is dirt in the hot water tray, Will affect the cooling efficiency.
Water tower seasonal shutdown maintenance notes:
a. Relax the V-belt in the reducer and fill the bearing with lubricating oil;
b. All the circulating water of the pipeline must be removed to avoid cracking caused by freezing in winter. The drain pipe of the cold water tray can be opened at any time so that rainwater and dissolved snow can flow out;
c. After the cooling tower is restarted for a period of time, it is necessary to check whether the motor insulation is normal. Then refer to the instructions for pre-operation preparation.
TopChiller can offer a wide range of cooling tower products including a crossflow square cooling tower, counterflow cooling tower and evaporative cooling tower.
If you are looking for a cooling tower, not only crossflow square type or counter flow square type, You are coming to the right place.
TopChiller is a professional water cooling tower manufacturer, please contact TopChiller engineering for the best cooling tower solution.